Tackett new baseball coach MCHS??

Posted in the Olympia Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1 Jun 25, 2012
I just heard Tackett is the last name of new coach? Any confirmation. I heard he was an auburn ga.
a fan

Mount Sterling, KY

#2 Jul 3, 2012
What is the exact accomplishment with this hire. You take a man who ran a well oiled machine to someone who hasn't run a high school practice. As a parent with players now and players in the future my concern is the thought process that went into this. How can you get Happy and give us Tackett. Down goes the baseball program. Good Luck next year boys b/c I've got no doubt you will make this new coach look like a genius, but what happens after those boys are gone.
A parent

United States

#4 Jul 6, 2012
Big disappointment....these parents will really welcome him!
wondering

Mount Sterling, KY

#5 Jul 6, 2012
How many schools did the ex UK coach visit this year?
a fan

Mount Sterling, KY

#6 Jul 10, 2012
After reading the bio on Coach Tackett I'm willing to give him a chance. I think someone who know the marketing field can maybe put our program on the map. If he has an once of coaching ability these boys will work b/c they want to be champs. And champs are exactly the ability they have if he can get it out of all,all,all of them. This has been a stat and me first team and that has to change. Break up the clicks and make these boys care, about baseball and winning and they will make the next step. Good Luck and I'll be in the front row at state.
donnielee

Mount Sterling, KY

#7 Jul 11, 2012
Good luck to Mr. Tackett... problem i have is this, "ill scratch your back if you scratch mine" politics with this admin...Powell is using his power for personal gain by hiring a man based on the ex UK coachs recomendation....i smell smoke...
Region 10

Nicholasville, KY

#8 Aug 14, 2012
I've met coach Hackett. He's a great person. Let me tell you this....he can coach. He knows baseball. Don't for a second doubt thus guy. He will be fair, honest, respectful, and demanding. Advice for the booster club....the slate is clean. No favorites or politics. He won't tolerate it. Good luck Coach Hackett.

Location hidden

#9 Aug 24, 2012
@region10.... I really hope that's a typo and that you really don't think the guys name is Hackett...if so everything you said is not from a credible source haha
fan

Addison, IL

#10 Aug 28, 2012
If this coach does not play the politics then how is some of the parents going to treat him when he plays the best players like Combs did. If I'm not mistaken MC only lost one regular starter. If he knows baseball as well as combs did then he will play the best players and the same Parents is going to do everything they can to get him fired. I wish him all the luck in the world. By the way the field looks terrible. That's strike one already. Don't count on going to the state tournament, you have to have pitching.

I've met coach Hackett. He's a great person. Let me tell you this....he can coach. He knows baseball. Don't for a second doubt thus guy. He will be fair, honest, respectful, and demanding. Advice for the booster club....the slate is clean. No favorites or politics. He won't tolerate it. Good luck Coach Hackett.
smart enough

Lexington, KY

#11 Aug 28, 2012
fan wrote:
If he is smart he will get all new assistants. One in particular is basically a spy for the AD, Phil, and Powell.
fan

Cheyenne, WY

#12 Aug 29, 2012
I agree 100% that the new coach needs to clean house and hire all new coaches. A parent should never be a coach when their son is playing on the team. I think that was Combs problem. He would not get rid of his assistants because he thought he could control them if he had them in the dugout. The administration should make Tackett get new assistants because they knew all along that Combs was stabbed in the back so many times that it was shameful. The Orange haired assistant was a joke. I always got a good laugh when I would see him at basketball game.
smart enough wrote:
<quoted text>If he is smart he will get all new assistants. One in particular is basically a spy for the AD, Phil, and Powell.
get real

United States

#14 Aug 30, 2012
Since you know so much....how about getting coach name right!( Hackett )

Location hidden

#15 Sep 5, 2012
get real wrote:
Since you know so much....how about getting coach name right!( Hackett )
Finally someone clears that up...thanks
Doubtful

Mount Sterling, KY

#16 Feb 20, 2013
I see that it's the same old good ole boy montgomery co. What is the reason we have middle school baseball if we're playing avg. eighth graders on a loaded high school team. Is it the family connection...it must be bc you take under sized outfielders that don't have a prayer of seeing jv time bc of family connection. This is why this town will never win the big game. Money money money.....and family connection. Really upset with what I thought was going to be a good thing. Good luck this year bc that is all these coaches are thinking about.....and good PR. Win state and make coach proud.
Mary Lou

Duluth, GA

#17 Feb 20, 2013
That's exactly why coaches are being replaced, all the "good ole boy" politics of this town. The new school administration will not stand for it. Why do you think all these crybabies are always on here talking about the new administration, because it's the ones who play that "good ole boy" system. It's all about working contracts, and getting their kids playing time.
They can't stand it that the new administration is cutting them out. Here on out, it's the students first in academics, and the best athlete on the sports teams. So the crybabies can cry all they want, it's not going to change a thing. We have the best administration, that Montgomery Co has ever had! About time!
Old Red

Pikeville, KY

#18 Feb 21, 2013
Mary Lou wrote:
That's exactly why coaches are being replaced, all the "good ole boy" politics of this town. The new school administration will not stand for it. Why do you think all these crybabies are always on here talking about the new administration, because it's the ones who play that "good ole boy" system. It's all about working contracts, and getting their kids playing time.
They can't stand it that the new administration is cutting them out. Here on out, it's the students first in academics, and the best athlete on the sports teams. So the crybabies can cry all they want, it's not going to change a thing. We have the best administration, that Montgomery Co has ever had! About time!
Yea that's exactly why Combs was replaced... NOT. He played the best players, not the ones with certain last names. The parents of these players with certain last names complained enough, and guess what happened next? Really great administration, top notch.. Combs did however play his son, and guess what? His son led the team in homeruns. Combs was not from Mt Sterling and had no loyalty to any of the "good ole boys."

By the way, Combs was elected to the Kentucky High School Coaches Hall of Fame just recently. I think it's safe to safe the whole baseball situation was not properly handled in an objective, non- biased manner. Supposedly, one of the parents whose son didn't play when Combs was the coach was one of the interviewers in the hiring process selection for a new coach. I am not certain that is 100% true, but have heard it from several people.
I also realize that could be irrelevant, and I am not making accusations, but I think that seems a little odd if it is true.

To sum it up...Perhaps it is you, who should get your facts straight before going around accusing everybody of being involved with the "good old boys"... Honestly, you live in a county with nearly 30,000 residents, you have no idea what a true "good ole boys" system is (i.e. Eastern Kentucky).
THECLOSER

Mount Sterling, KY

#19 Feb 21, 2013
Agree 100%...I didnt like the process used to fire a very good coach...All kids that played last year were the best players and see no favortism here...That said...We have a new coach and should support him and his team...Good luck to Coach Combs and Go Indians....
concerned

United States

#20 Feb 21, 2013
What have I heard about open door policy, call someone will be glad to talk to you or sit up an appointment. Well it seems someone tried & guess what? They posted it on a sports blog.
Why can't the AD talk to someone after all isn't it true taxpayers money paying him $85,000 a year while hes padding his retirement, according to what has been posted this is supposed to be the case

"I called MCHS and informed them I wanted to talk to the AD about this situation and they hung up on me after saying "he won't talk to you" Combs wins 22 games and AD runs the coach out of town? Didn't he run Tony Wise off after a 23 wins season? I think maybe the AD should get a job out of athletics because you don't fire coaches after good seasons like they had. Coach Combs just had close to 400 wins in his career and two Regional Title under his belt" http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-baseball-high/mo...
Doubtful

Mount Sterling, KY

#21 Feb 21, 2013
I'm hearing that we are now playing eighth graders on high school team bc the family heard mr vice was terrible and since he is a Prewitt relative they thought they would just let him and another boy who cannot play at this level on the team and he is a Adams. All of this isn't a coincident is it? No and I'll take all my kids out of this system if something isn't done. And it will hurt if I do so. I'm all about my Indians but this shit has to stop.
Mary Lou

Duluth, GA

#22 Feb 21, 2013
Well, ain't that a shame? Some of the "good ole boys" are going to pull there kids out of the system, and it's gonna hurt! Ha ha ha!
Good riddance, pull em out! Because the "good ole boy" system is over. If you don't think they're good enough to make it on their own abilities, than you should pull em out, and switch to another school system where you might have some pull!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olympia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 53 min Jay 155,437
Hep C & STD 1 hr Jman 5
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 2 hr Truth 7,184
i thought this was an olympia forum? (Jan '11) 2 hr pagie 11
Election Races 3 hr Vote Jackie Smith... 9
who is cheating on who at summit polymers 3 hr Jman 13
Bad sexual disease going around 3 hr nobugsonme 8

Olympia Jobs

Olympia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Olympia News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Olympia

Personal Finance