Late 70's Basketball Flashback

Posted in the Olympia Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
remember

Mount Sterling, KY

#1 Jan 10, 2013
Remember the Bath County Boys basketball teams? Wow What a team they were!!!! Can you name the stars? Remember the games against Mt. Sterling?
I remember

Wallingford, KY

#2 Jan 10, 2013
Bruce Jones Pete Scott Todd Vanlandingham Randy Stull Jerry Plummer Earl Jones Lost to Lee Raker Jeff Lamb Jeff Jones in final 8.
judge dredd

West Liberty, KY

#3 Jan 10, 2013
Todd Vanderplatts, Tracy Hedley's Half brother.
judge dredd

West Liberty, KY

#4 Jan 10, 2013
Jeff Wilson?
I remember

United States

#5 Jan 10, 2013
Yes he was. Jeff Wilson was year before
game

Mount Sterling, KY

#7 Jan 17, 2013
Al Blevins star for Mt Sterling what a player he was!!
Xyz

United States

#8 Jan 17, 2013
I remember wrote:
Bruce Jones Pete Scott Todd Vanlandingham Randy Stull Jerry Plummer Earl Jones Lost to Lee Raker Jeff Lamb Jeff Jones in final 8.
In my opinion, Bruce Jones, and Pete Scott were the best Basketball Players to ever come out of Bath Co. From the 70's til now.
I always heard Dan Swartz, and Ronnie Lyons were very good also.
Chris Swartz was no slouch either, but Bruce and Pete were ball handlers, with a ton of speed. Swartz was more just a shooter.
GREAT WHITE HUNTER

Grayson, KY

#9 Jan 17, 2013
Dan Swartz was best--period. Mark Swartz was better than Chris. Denny Shelly was a good big man, all-state. Jeff Wilson and Moe Butcher team was very good. Tony Jones chippie rolled off or we would have gone to Sweet 16 3 yrs. in a row!
We were even with Lamp, Raker, and Jones when Bruce went down with a knee. Pete Scott turned it up a notch and made all-tournament carrying us.

Quite a bit different now??
cheesecake

Chicago, IL

#10 Jan 18, 2013
who cares
team

Mount Sterling, KY

#11 Jan 18, 2013
The 76 team in my opinion was the best all around...Bath had more talent than all local schools put together. Mt Sterling had only a couple good players back then and Montgomery had None!
tim slim

Chicago, IL

#12 Jan 18, 2013
and all the players ended up doing nothings
team

Mount Sterling, KY

#13 Jan 18, 2013
This post was about the time/team not their future..
I remember

Louisville, KY

#14 Jan 19, 2013
tim slim wrote:
and all the players ended up doing nothings
no that's not right. Most of players on that team has had good lives. They were good guys growing up too. Not everyone can be perfect like you
tim slim

United States

#15 Jan 19, 2013
I remember wrote:
<quoted text>no that's not right. Most of players on that team has had good lives. They were good guys growing up too. Not everyone can be perfect like you
That is true
team

Mount Sterling, KY

#16 Jan 19, 2013
Remember the gym Bath home game vs Mt Sterling 1976 with 100 degree heat...those were the days!!!
THECLOSER

Mount Sterling, KY

#17 Jan 24, 2013
Does anyone have a copy of the 1976 Bath home game against Mt. Sterling....I would love to purchase a copy!!!!!!
Gosh

Morehead, KY

#18 Jan 24, 2013
Xyz wrote:
<quoted text>In my opinion, Bruce Jones, and Pete Scott were the best Basketball Players to ever come out of Bath Co. From the 70's til now.
I always heard Dan Swartz, and Ronnie Lyons were very good also.
Chris Swartz was no slouch either, but Bruce and Pete were ball handlers, with a ton of speed. Swartz was more just a shooter.
Swartz must have been great after all he played for the Boston Celtics!!
Xyz

United States

#19 Jan 24, 2013
Gosh wrote:
<quoted text>
Swartz must have been great after all he played for the Boston Celtics!!
I would say that's right, but my comment was from the 70's to current day. I'm not sure when Dan played, but I'm going to guess it was alot earlier than that.
THECLOSER

Mount Sterling, KY

#21 Jan 25, 2013
CKC Bath County played i think 4A Louisville Male 1n the late 70's....does anyone remember the score?
chuck

United States

#22 Jan 28, 2013
i remember they sucked

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olympia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What a waste of tax money 2 min shameful 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 min One Who Knows 169,929
Why did they Delete interested moms post 10 min Why 5
WHY Claudete did you open your office at night ... 12 min huh 32
Who all is running for office in 2018? 15 min Stone 106
Champ still married? 1 hr Truth man 6
Mouth swab test/ addeco (Apr '13) 1 hr Amy 60

Olympia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Olympia Mortgages