AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10,000 donation

Two members of an elevator installers union were appointed to a new state elevator-safety board about the time their local gave a $10,000 campaign contribution to Gov. Full Story
Frank Fan

Chicago, IL

#7397 May 29, 2012
Did you hear wrote:
Franks outlaw motorcycle gang got their first real gig they are going to be in the Shriners parade on the mini bikes, hey don't laugh it's a start and he'll get top billing in the journal for how good a job local 2 did at yet another charity event, oh boy. If they could just put that kinda effort into helping the members.
Did you hear that Frank has beaten the Department of Labor and now will move up to his rightful place at the International and possibly as General President or Assistant to the General President.
No Proof

AOL

#7398 May 29, 2012
Once again Frank offers no proof and all evidence is to the contrary, IUEC, its CORRUPT OFFICERS,Employees, and EMPLOYERS are TARGETS OF A CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION.

Kinda reminds me of BLAGO, with all of the false talk of granduer.
Frank Fan

Naperville, IL

#7399 May 29, 2012
No Proof wrote:
Once again Frank offers no proof and all evidence is to the contrary, IUEC, its CORRUPT OFFICERS,Employees, and EMPLOYERS are TARGETS OF A CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION.
Kinda reminds me of BLAGO, with all of the false talk of granduer.
Yes there was a letter received at the Hall and read off on the floor and was offered for viewing to the whole membership that the Department of Labor will seek no further actions in this matter. Its over Frank once again is victorious over the Department of Labor. So Brad you need to move on with your life.
Liars

United States

#7400 May 29, 2012
Criminals lie for a living. If their was a letter it would be posted on this board , on UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF LABOR LETTER HEAD. Any other talk about this subject is a lie.
Why would the government tell a Federal Judge they are refusing a FOIA request because of a pending CRIMINAL INVEATIGATION? Did the government blatantly lie to a judge ?
I highly suspect that the obama administration will do everything to supress evidence , just like Fast & Furious.
Frank Fan

Naperville, IL

#7401 May 29, 2012
Brad the only liar left is you. The rest of the Sons of Liberty have moved on.
Truth Hurts

United States

#7402 May 29, 2012
As evident by Dans response, their is no letter from the DOL !

I'm glad to hear that a Real Governor in Wisconsin is doing the right thing for its citizens and they are getting represented.
Did you hear

United States

#7403 May 29, 2012
The sons of liberty are alive and well and helping Dana and Jimmy with their defense and how to thwart frankies every move.
Frank Fan

Chicago, IL

#7404 May 29, 2012
Did you hear wrote:
The sons of liberty are alive and well and helping Dana and Jimmy with their defense and how to thwart frankies every move.
That is great news because that means Dana and Higgypooh will soon be packing. They could leave to go to Dana's house in Florida in which Dana's been taking a housing allowance from the union.

Frank has defeated the Sons of Liberty, the Department of Labor and to show how much political influence he has, he got Patrick Fitzgerald to resign. Soon Frank will be at the International leading this union back to greatness.
Yeah Right

United States

#7405 May 29, 2012
Liars lie. Where is this letter ?

PS. Obama sucks
Wheels of Corruption

Fredericksburg, VA

#7406 May 29, 2012
Are still turning in Illinois .

Still no letter has been posted on this board.
Bad Seeds

United States

#7407 May 30, 2012
Is what the officers of iuec are. Going into a contract and unity no where in sight. If you think iuec is unified you need to change your medication. The 1% maybe , but the rank and file are getting the shaft as usual.
Isnt that

United States

#7408 May 30, 2012
What frank has......... Bad seeds?
Frank Fan

United States

#7409 May 30, 2012
Frank has been victorious in everything he's done. Now that Fitzgerald is out of the way Frank will move to the top. Soon Dana and Higgins will be gone, they were the 2 holding Frank up.
Frank Fan

United States

#7410 May 30, 2012
Congradulations to Frank on his DOL victory. He should have no problem with Dana and Higgins. Double Dipping is a no no.
Frank fan

Bronx, NY

#7411 May 30, 2012
He is the best the real members knew he never engaged in any wrong doing. If he did he would have been caught by now. We need officers like him who can defend the local against the DOL.
Frank Fan

Chicago, IL

#7412 May 30, 2012
It looks like we have more than one Frank Fan and that's what Local 2 is all about. We need to have an email campaign to the vice pesidents of the International to select Frank as a the next General President or Assistant to the General President. You're right he stood up to the DOL and wouldn't let them push the local around and won. He has the proven leadership skills and you know he will represent the membership and do local 2 proud.
Tony Rezko

Chicago, IL

#7413 May 30, 2012
Tony Rezko speaks: Blago knew of pay-to-play scheme for state boards
BY NATASHA KORECKI Federal Courts Reporter nkorecki@suntimes.com May 30, 2012 5:58PM

Updated: May 30, 2012 7:07PM

Ex-Gov. Rod Blagojevich was well aware campaign contributors were paying for state board posts and appointments, Tony Rezko, his former top aide and the longtime political fixer said in an interview with the Chicago Sun-Times Wednesday.

In a phone interview from prison, Rezko also said he never gave the now-imprisoned Blagojevich cash or bribes.

Did Blagojevich know about pay-to-play?

“Yes, he did,” Rezko said in a wide-ranging, hour-long interview from federal prison.

Did Blagojevich make recommendations on who to put in what post?

“Yeah sure. The things we talked about, sure,” said Rezko, who said he harbored no ill will toward Blagojevich.“We would have the discussions. X, Y and Z made a $50,000 [contribution] and looking to be placed on a board, where should we place that person if that person specifically requested to be placed on board, yeah. We had these discussions.”
Low ball

Bowie, MD

#7414 May 30, 2012
Only a 10,000 donation but it's a union and alot votes and even volunteers. So he gets the spot but 10,000 is the minimum they've convicted on and franks a attractive target chairman of the Illinois elevator saftey board international vice president and multiy term buisness manager and so many other things ( see wic ) I say the Feds will get him I hate to say it but he's high profile and corruption sells copy.
Bribery

Upper Marlboro, MD

#7415 May 30, 2012
Frank and Eddie bought the best seat in the house.
Did you hear

United States

#7416 Jun 1, 2012
The elevator saftey act got extended 10 more years yesterday. 10 more years of paying for a mechanics license with no benefit thanks frank your the best.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olympia Fields Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time to sock retired city workers 13 min Burt 32
CLOUDS Hookah 20 min OMG! 6
another thread gets pulled 57 min Doh 19
JAWA water project (Jun '12) 1 hr Clearly Fraud 566
Midlothian pulls out of lake water project 2 hr Field of Dreams 3
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) 2 hr Weneedchange 150
B.I.P.D. needs leadership now 3 hr Wow 40
•••
•••
•••

Olympia Fields Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Olympia Fields People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE