Country Club Hills teen is arrested in stepdad's fatal stabbing

There are 19 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 8, 2009, titled Country Club Hills teen is arrested in stepdad's fatal stabbing. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Country Club Hills firefighters on Sunday afternoon spotted the 14-year-old wanted in the stabbing death of his stepfather after a quarrel over homework and called police, who arrested him near the station, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Cadillac

Willowbrook, IL

#4 Feb 9, 2009
Another fine community Ethnically Cleansed by Section 8 and HUD

You wanted Diversity, Well here it is!
clueless

Chicago, IL

#5 Feb 9, 2009
country club hills is hardly a section 8 filled low income community. It's typically a quiet middle class community. Just cause it's predominately black doesn't make it a ghetto, don't wear your racism so openly. Have you been to country club hills? I doubt you'd view it the way you described it. It is unfortunate, and a tragedy that these people have been killed but it's not Markham, Harvey, or Chicago Heights even, let alone a war torn ghetto. Get a clue
Mike CSI

Happy Valley, Canada

#6 Feb 9, 2009
Griff wrote:
Oh gosh, the tragedy, the humanity of these gaybait yuppie upscales. Life's just so goshdarned hard that they just can't COPE anymore. so they lasshhh ooouuuttt! they jusht looooosssse ithhh!
You Urban limpwrists better learn how to grow a pair, cuz in the next 5 to 10 there's REAL hard times comin' savvy? No computer video games, no rich mummy and daddy to support yer gay butts, no electricity, no heat no NONE of the fancy freely provided luxuries yer used to. Just no money, no freeloading, no living it up free ride for losers like you cuz the economy just went POP! and as a matter of fact so did your trust fund. So you'd better stiffen that sphincter cuz you 're in for a bumpy ride...COWBOY!
Griff, I'm assuming you're not familiar with Country Club Hills. It's not a yuppie community. It's a gang banger, drug-infested cesspool that, frankly, I'm surprised doesn't have a higher homicide rate.
American First

Ellicott City, MD

#7 Feb 9, 2009
The little punk stupid kid was jealous that his mom had a man occupying her life and, he felt she was showing more love, care, favortism to this man who was not his real father..Another "Babyboy" in the Black "hood" mentality of Black people and there culture. Anti-education. I do not feel sorry for the kid. He should get life in prison for 1st degree murder. And, I did not like the stupid mayor for saying the teenage boy is in their "arms" like he is a child now, and not the vicious killer he is. He planned a murder and carried it out; now, the faggot wants sympathy. He'll get it from his mother, but, I pray the Criminal Justice system send his a$$ straight to prison and charge him as an Adult. These young punks in the black neighborhoods are ruining the lives of our communities trying to be Thugs. I say throw their a##'s in prison are shoot em on site.
rocky

AOL

#8 Feb 9, 2009
the south burbs have been destroyed by the black people. half of them are in churches praying and the other half are shooting each other.
Mike CSI

Happy Valley, Canada

#9 Feb 9, 2009
clueless wrote:
country club hills is hardly a section 8 filled low income community. It's typically a quiet middle class community. Just cause it's predominately black doesn't make it a ghetto, don't wear your racism so openly. Have you been to country club hills? I doubt you'd view it the way you described it. It is unfortunate, and a tragedy that these people have been killed but it's not Markham, Harvey, or Chicago Heights even, let alone a war torn ghetto. Get a clue
Clueless,

I worked as a cop in that area for 8 years, and yes, it has definitely gone the route of ghetto. Just because the houses aren't completely dilapidated doesn't mean that it isn't a ghetto community. While there are some nice people living there, as is true with all communities, it is largely a haven for gang bangers, drug dealers, burglars and robbers, welfare families taking out huge balloon payment mortgages and only paying the interest if they pay at all, and a whole generation of kids who are creating the next generation of trash. Country Club Hills hasn't been a "nice" community in years, and we're only going to see a much more rapid sociological decrease as the days progress.

I'm not sure you're aware of what Section 8 really is. While it's true that Section 8 houses are typically very dilapidated, they didn't start out that way. In fact, I'd wager they started out quite nice until the thugs and hoods got a hold of them with their 20 kids they father by ten different women. Section 8 housing in Country Club Hills is a fairly recent development and they still look like nice, suburban homes. Give it another year or two and you'll see a very different picture if you drive through that community. Just don't go into the Provincetown area unless you plan to buy drugs or get beaten down or shot by a bunch of thugs who thing your flashing for a rival gang.
Mike CSI

Happy Valley, Canada

#10 Feb 9, 2009
American First wrote:
The little punk stupid kid was jealous that his mom had a man occupying her life and, he felt she was showing more love, care, favortism to this man who was not his real father..Another "Babyboy" in the Black "hood" mentality of Black people and there culture. Anti-education. I do not feel sorry for the kid. He should get life in prison for 1st degree murder. And, I did not like the stupid mayor for saying the teenage boy is in their "arms" like he is a child now, and not the vicious killer he is. He planned a murder and carried it out; now, the **** wants sympathy. He'll get it from his mother, but, I pray the Criminal Justice system send his **** straight to prison and charge him as an Adult. These young punks in the black neighborhoods are ruining the lives of our communities trying to be Thugs. I say throw their a##'s in prison are shoot em on site.
Unfortunately, Cook (Crook) County is full of nothing but bleeding heart liberals who will look at this boy and say, "Oh, he has a mental illness." Or "Something must have happened to change his mental state. Let's use the temporary insanity defense." You can bet that he won't do the prison time that he should and it'll be lucky if he gets charged as an adult. The fact is, kids these days are doing very grown-up things more and more and more and no one wants to hold them or the parents accountable for it. You have to ask, why would this 15 year old stab his step father over homework? Who is this boy hanging around with? Are they violent, gang banging criminals and that's how he got the idea in his head?

A HUGE part of the black community is this false idea of disrespect. Apparently, if you take a different viewpoint than someone else, it's looked upon as you've disrespected that person. Now you factor in the thug and gangster persona that is sweeping the nation like wildfire (go screw yourselves every one of you rap artists perpetuating this stereotype, you're more useful dead in a box six feet under ground) and that turns into, "He disrespected me so now I have to severely injure or kill him so I can maintain my street cred about how I don't take disrespect from no one." There's only one real solution to all of this: You want to act like a thug or a gang banger, you get the hell out of the country. Go live on a desert island or go kill yourself because you are absolutely worthless to society.
Keke

Deerfield, IL

#11 Feb 9, 2009
One, that boy(who's name is withheld) is like my best friend. He was and still is a sweet and caring 14 year old. One, he had personal issues going on within his family. NOONE would kill there stepfather for no reason. Not that boy. we were so cool. I never thought that he would do this. But that doesnt mean i will never be his friend again. See America First, you just ticked me off. You dont even know the boy and want to criticize him. do you even know the situation he was in? Of course you dont. were in illinois and your in Baltimore,Maryland. If you knew him, you;d know how he is. But you dont and the first thing you want to do is judge. He wasnt a little ounk. your the little punk for saying that and not knowing him. What is wrong with you? I feel very sorry for you. If you only knew him you would know he is not a bad kid. but no, you have to go off of what you read. That boy was not a boy who was in a gang or gang affiliated. Since you dont know him you can shut tha **ck up. How's that for ghetto?
lissa smit

Deerfield, IL

#12 Feb 9, 2009
American First wrote:
The little punk stupid kid was jealous that his mom had a man occupying her life and, he felt she was showing more love, care, favortism to this man who was not his real father..Another "Babyboy" in the Black "hood" mentality of Black people and there culture. Anti-education. I do not feel sorry for the kid. He should get life in prison for 1st degree murder. And, I did not like the stupid mayor for saying the teenage boy is in their "arms" like he is a child now, and not the vicious killer he is. He planned a murder and carried it out; now, the faggot wants sympathy. He'll get it from his mother, but, I pray the Criminal Justice system send his a$$ straight to prison and charge him as an Adult. These young punks in the black neighborhoods are ruining the lives of our communities trying to be Thugs. I say throw their a##'s in prison are shoot em on site.
\

fristh of all u dum *** i kno him and it waz not fo dat so u kan go 2 hell ok so he did it because he did it cuz he waz abused so go suc a di** u dumb freak nothin betta 2 do
Mike CSI

Happy Valley, Canada

#13 Feb 9, 2009
lissa smit wrote:
<quoted text>\
fristh of all u dum **** i kno him and it waz not fo dat so u kan go 2 hell ok so he did it because he did it cuz he waz abused so go suc a di** u dumb freak nothin betta 2 do
Okay, your grotesque mangling of the written word kind of takes away a lot of credit that you actually knew this boy. And perhaps you could explain exactly what abuse this young man suffered.
Mike CSI

Happy Valley, Canada

#14 Feb 9, 2009
Keke wrote:
One, that boy(who's name is withheld) is like my best friend. He was and still is a sweet and caring 14 year old. One, he had personal issues going on within his family. NOONE would kill there stepfather for no reason. Not that boy. we were so cool. I never thought that he would do this. But that doesnt mean i will never be his friend again. See America First, you just ticked me off. You dont even know the boy and want to criticize him. do you even know the situation he was in? Of course you dont. were in illinois and your in Baltimore,Maryland. If you knew him, you;d know how he is. But you dont and the first thing you want to do is judge. He wasnt a little ounk. your the little punk for saying that and not knowing him. What is wrong with you? I feel very sorry for you. If you only knew him you would know he is not a bad kid. but no, you have to go off of what you read. That boy was not a boy who was in a gang or gang affiliated. Since you dont know him you can shut tha **ck up. How's that for ghetto?
Exactly how long have you known this boy? I'm not saying you don't, but apparently you are utilizing a computer all the way in Northbrook to send your message, which is a very far cry from Country Club Hills. Also, there are hundreds of people who love to comment on these boards and claim they know someone who is part of the story, so you'll excuse me if I don't take your word at face value. You claim he wasn't a gang banger but are you aware of how many individuals put on the persona of being a gang banger, and thus take actions very much like a gang banger just to try and establish their street cred? A lot.
Hood Resident

Chicago, IL

#15 Feb 10, 2009
Keke, you said "noone would kill their stepfather for no reason". What is a good reason to kill someone else??? Your sweet and caring boy plunged a knife into a person!!!!! My point is made. Damn!
keke

Deerfield, IL

#16 Feb 10, 2009
One, you need to mind your own Hood Resident. There isn't a good reason to kill someone but i know why he did it. Do you? I dont think So! Were you in CCH that day. No u wasnt. u think u know everything. U dont even know half the story. If you were there then you would know. but you dont. So you can stop all that talkin. Mr. no it all. I dont know who you think you are talking to me like that. Now I made my point. Damn U!
MakeMeOver28

United States

#17 Feb 10, 2009
All the negative comments being b=made abck and forth to each other ar unnecessary. Despit what someone in Canada, Maryland even here thinks two lives have been lost. The man who is deceased and the 14 year old who is the suspect. THis mother/wife has to bury her husband who died at the hands of her child...How terrible. My heart goes out to all families affected by this tragedy. We are so quick to judge based on where lives or has lived. Murder happens everywhere, no community is exempt....
Selfish Bill

United States

#20 Feb 11, 2009
Mike CSI, f **** u. Im not from northbrook. Why would i out my real location. Dumb **** F *****. 1 you dont know what the f ***** youre talking about. U tryin to come at mah head. U dont know me. I know this person. He wasnt a gang banger. And i do live in CCH. You aint ovah here. mind yo own damn buisness. F **** U
keke
Northbrook, IL
|Report Abuse |#19 26 min ago
I dont give a fu** if you think Northbrook is a very far cry. Im not in north brook you stupid Mothaf **** er. Not every computer is somewhere you say. U stupid dumb **** es think u know everything about everybody. well u dont kno dis one. So you can mind yo ouwn!

For those of you who didn't think CCH was turning ghetto, there's your proof. BTW Keke, I spent 30 years in Tinley Park and know ALOT of people that went to Hillcray (Hillcrest HS) back in the day, so don't try act like you're the only one who knows about CCH. It's not a black/white thing, it's murder!!!
RMC

South Holland, IL

#21 Feb 12, 2009
There seems to be alot of anger displayed in these comments. Take into consideration that the deceased is a minister, hardworker, and family man who wanted the best for his stepson. I know John and he was an advocate for education. It has been realized, that young people in general are in search of themselves and make bad choices at times not realizing consequences. Pray for the young man and his mother. Two important and most vital people in her life have taken away in one form or the other. She has to bury her husband and help her son. Anger is never the answer -- no doubt that is what brought about this current set of circumstances in the first place.
Tim

New York, NY

#22 Mar 22, 2009
Most of you people are sickos. I have never seen such unhinged comments based on the death of someone most of you didn't even know. Sad state of affairs.
Domnique

Lansing, IL

#23 Mar 24, 2009
Cadillac wrote:
Another fine community Ethnically Cleansed by Section 8 and HUD
You wanted Diversity, Well here it is!
Well I have to disagree. What's wrong with section 8 and HUD? "I guess you and yours got it like that" Where's yours support for the community?, You must continue to up hold it and the people. Maybe if there skin was a different color your opinion would be different!.
FYI, each horrific incident that occurred was by residents that were born and raised in that fine community.
Cool guy

Chicago, IL

#24 Jun 6, 2009
i live in country club hills im 15 i knew the kid when i went to his school now im in high school going to be a southmore he was in my middle school, he was a cool dude no type of gang banger the real truth is his step dad beat him over his home work, one day he just snapped and stabbed him in his neck.
You should never beat on someone you don't even know. BTW for all of you who says Country Club hills is a fine community im a teenager it really aint, theres gang bangers everywhere like 70% of my high school is involved in gang violence but 2 of these gangs are just clicks "Renegade Vs Get em boys" and i dont even like walking down the street half of the time i always think ima get jumped plus on top of dat not to long ago someone was driving in the car i was wit my friend he comes by me and says do u wanna buy some weed.. its really wierd out there now adays it wasnt like this a few years ago

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olympia Fields Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News EEOC: Papa T's workers harassed (Oct '10) 52 min Datruthhurts 29
Now the Library (Jul '14) 2 hr Change is needed 49
Sauk Village Crime (Jun '06) 4 hr Todd 2,828
Crumbling BIIP 8 hr How It Works 57
Removed Why? For being TRUE? 10 hr MikeOnLawndale 1
Dumbingo's Boyfriend! 18 hr Youdo 23
UnRest in Blue Island Sat More BIIP Failure 19
More from around the web

Olympia Fields People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE