pulaski county states attorney

Posted in the Olmsted Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Joe

United States

#1 Oct 27, 2010
Next Wednesday we will start our campaign to get a States Attorney who knows how to prosecute Felons. Look at the results of the Sheriffs election to see what the voters can do
no christian

United States

#2 Oct 27, 2010
Joe wrote:
Next Wednesday we will start our campaign to get a States Attorney who knows how to prosecute Felons. Look at the results of the Sheriffs election to see what the voters can do
"We"? "Our"? Who made you the leader of this outfit?
portlandman

Bainbridge, GA

#3 Oct 31, 2010
what is the idiot ratio in the mounds area?
been hearing

Carbondale, IL

#4 Apr 11, 2011
I have heard that our Pulaski County State's attorney has been married 5 times. How could we have ever elected a person who has been married 5 times? Something is seriously wrong. The State's Attorney is supposed to represent our values. Well my values don't include being married 5 times. And anyone who has been married 5 times more than likely has had numberous affairs. I think it is time for an impeachment. We need someone who has nice conservative values and not someone who has had sex with every other person inside and outside of Pulaski County.

Cairo, IL

#5 Apr 12, 2011
Sure Alexander voters would trade you Alexander County States Atty Jeff Farris for yours.
wrong states attorney

Gulf Shores, AL

#6 Apr 12, 2011
been hearing wrote:
I have heard that our Pulaski County State's attorney has been married 5 times. How could we have ever elected a person who has been married 5 times? Something is seriously wrong. The State's Attorney is supposed to represent our values. Well my values don't include being married 5 times. And anyone who has been married 5 times more than likely has had numberous affairs. I think it is time for an impeachment. We need someone who has nice conservative values and not someone who has had sex with every other person inside and outside of Pulaski County.
You have the wrong State's attorney. The former Pulaski County State's attorney, Graystone Giles, was married five times and he was a real rounder, a flim flam man if there ever was one however he is now history. I don't think that he will ever show his face in Pulaski County again. We now have a conservative lady as our State's attorney and she is a rather hard nosed lady who by all reports is doing a real good job considering what she has to work with.
Hard Nose

United States

#7 Apr 12, 2011
Lets look back and see how many convictions she has. How many people where sent to prison! It all on the internet and I am sure it will be in print by the next election. I can she she is a hard nose. The kidnapping, robbery and execution of a young man from Anna. What one guy got five years and the other less. It lets make a deal in Pulaski county. Everybody says there will not be a jury trial in Pulaski county as long as we have the current states attorney.
wrong states attorney wrote:
<quoted text> You have the wrong State's attorney. The former Pulaski County State's attorney, Graystone Giles, was married five times and he was a real rounder, a flim flam man if there ever was one however he is now history. I don't think that he will ever show his face in Pulaski County again. We now have a conservative lady as our State's attorney and she is a rather hard nosed lady who by all reports is doing a real good job considering what she has to work with.
guest as well

Murray, KY

#8 Apr 12, 2011
The current pulaski county states attorney is a fine woman who has been married for 30 yrs to a man she met at church while they were both Sunday school teachers. She has 5 great children, one of which served in Iraq in the National Guard. Before you make a comment, please investigate the facts.
start being informed

Lafayette, IN

#9 Apr 13, 2011
Hard Nose wrote:
Lets look back and see how many convictions she has. How many people where sent to prison! It all on the internet and I am sure it will be in print by the next election. I can she she is a hard nose. The kidnapping, robbery and execution of a young man from Anna. What one guy got five years and the other less. It lets make a deal in Pulaski county. Everybody says there will not be a jury trial in Pulaski county as long as we have the current states attorney.
<quoted text>
I was a juror on one of the jury trials here in Pulaski County. We found him guilty of being a sex prevert. The State's attorney, Donna McCann, did an excellent job. I was really impressed by her conduct during the case, very profeesional and yes, she was hard nosed (as you say) but we all thought that she was fair to everyone including the defendant.
Murder in Mounds

United States

#10 Apr 13, 2011
I wonder how many months probation the person who committed the murder will get. If we follow past practice. I would guess less than five years.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#11 Apr 15, 2011
I was talking to someone last week and they mentioned that Grayson Gile was talking about running again for Pulaski County S.A. Not sure if it's an actual for sure thing.
WOW

Cairo, IL

#12 Apr 16, 2011
1GoodGuys wrote:
I was talking to someone last week and they mentioned that Grayson Gile was talking about running again for Pulaski County S.A. Not sure if it's an actual for sure thing.
Send him to Alexanader County.
great

Des Moines, IA

#13 Apr 17, 2011
Grayson is better than McCann anyday. Let's hope this happens. Between the sheriff and the states attorney making friends with all the criminals the good people that work and not do drugs are screwed in Pulaski county

Mansfield, MO

#14 May 8, 2011
guest as well wrote:
The current pulaski county states attorney is a fine woman who has been married for 30 yrs to a man she met at church while they were both Sunday school teachers. She has 5 great children, one of which served in Iraq in the National Guard. Before you make a comment, please investigate the facts.
Maybe before you judge someone you should know ALL the facts. Look at the crime rate and conviction rate during both State's Attorneys terms-then you get the answer you need. The best person for the job is the one who does the job the best, regardless of their personal life.
WE NEED A CHANGE

United States

#15 May 8, 2011
We need a states attorney who wants to work and knows how to do their Job! Don't make up excuses, for what happened in a certain case. The officers did give enough information or a bad report. If the officers are not doing what you want. Help them and let them know what you need. If a serious crime is committed, someone should be sent to prison. We don't need someone who should have spent 20-30 years in prison on probation. If you can't do your job, resign. If you get a tough jury trial scheduled, don't sign up for active duty and run off to Afghanistan. Our current States Attorney and the one before, where very poor in the prosecution of serious crimes. Look at the statistics of the surrounding counties and how many where sent to prison compared to Pulaski county.
Voice

Mounds, OK

#16 May 9, 2011
So is the States Attorney supposed to tell the MILITARY- "Sorry I have a trial coming up so I can't go defend my country?" It is understanding that Mr Giles has been in the military years before becoming States Att. i personally would rather have someone with military background as SA- who does't play the political games and does what is fair and right. Sometimes what is fair and right is not what everyone agrees with. The current States Att, plays policital games-Mr Giles never did
guest as well

Murray, KY

#17 May 10, 2011
GUEST wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe before you judge someone you should know ALL the facts. Look at the crime rate and conviction rate during both State's Attorneys terms-then you get the answer you need. The best person for the job is the one who does the job the best, regardless of their personal life.
i was commenting on someone that WAS making a comment on her personal life, which should be left out of the conversation. you make the comment of crime rate and convictions-if what you say is true, then please advise others on where to find such information instead of just making a statement that could/or could not be true.
Voice

United States

#18 May 11, 2011
Below is an article written by Belleville News-Democrat:

When her office lost a bad check turned over as evidence, Pulaski County State's Attorney Donna McCann signed a voucher allowing $190 to be paid to a local restaurant owner out of the "Pulaski County State's Attorney's Drug Task Force Fund."

The almost $30,000 in the account resulted from payments in plea deals McCann approved, including $15,000 paid in March by Jimmie Lee Pryor, accused of dealing marijuana. Court records show police arrested Pryor with 82 pounds of pot and $22,600 in cash, which the county confiscated. He pleaded guilty to a lesser possession charge and paid up, and the courts released him on a conditional discharge.

McCann said she saw nothing wrong with negotiating plea deals that include sizable payments to her office's fund.

Ullin police officer Timothy Patrick seized the drugs and cash, plus two boxes of ammunition for a .38-caliber and a .357-caliber magnum pistol, a set of digital scales, and rolls of plastic wrapping from Pryor's home.

"If you've got the money, the message is you can buy your way out of doing time," Patrick said.

Pulaski County Sheriff Randy Kern said defendants should not be allowed to buy their way out of doing time.

"He should have a (prison) record for this crime," Kern said of Pryor.

Reached for comment, Pryor said, "I've been straight all the time." He declined further comment.

Pryor, 60, used a credit card to come up with $15,000 to cover his $150,000 bond and was released on the day of his arrest. He hired a well-known Paducah, Ky., defense lawyer, who negotiated a plea deal that required Pryor to pay almost $50,000 in total fines and costs, mostly to the county, in return for dropping his Class X felony drug charge to the lesser crime of possession of marijuana and letting him go on conditional discharge. His total payments included the $15,000 to the prosecutor's special fund.

McCann said she thought she adequately punished Pryor by "hitting him where it hurts -- in his bank account."

She said she has used about $2,000 of the $30,000 in the anti-crime fund to "send our victim's advocate and law enforcement officers to training."

Pulaski County Treasurer Robert Moore said vouchers signed by McCann showed she also used the fund to pay the local restaurant owner and for a $185 law book.

McCann did not respond to a question about whether she violated state ethical guidelines by using money tied to a plea negotiation to pay for gas and meals for police officers who, in turn, could feel obligated to repay her with votes at election time.

"The negotiated plea entered in the Pryor case was presented in open court and approved by the court," she said in a written statement

Read more: http://www.bnd.com/2011/05/08/1700722/money-t...
ethical violation

United States

#19 May 11, 2011
Judge you stated you would investigate in the article. Is there an ethical violation? It appears to me there is allot going on the citizens don't know about. What was the final outcome of the two charged with the kidnapping, Robbery and execution that occurred outside Pulaski. What about the accident involving the deputy with three time the legal limit of alcohol. Not his first offense. Another accident with three times the legal limit a few years earlier. But he is still on the Job. His charges according to WPSD where dismissed. He was fired by the Sheriff, but the states attorney stepped in and he had to be rehired! BND keep up the good work keep us informed and everybody honest.
retired officer

Lafayette, IN

#20 May 13, 2011
I am now retired so I can express my opinion. Pulaski County has one of the best if not the best Judge in Southern Illinois. Judge Thurston is honest and before he signs his name to any document he double checks then triple checks every word in such document to insure that it is within the law and is in the best interests of the parties and the public in general. Officers of other jurisdictions envy Pulaski County because of Judge Thurston.
You are perhaps the only person in Southern Illinois that does not understand that the deputy arrested for DUI was found guilty of reckless driving pursuant to a plea deal out with a special prosecutor out of Pope County. You are perhaps the only person in Southern Illinois that does not understand that the Pulaski County Board had to rehire such deputy because the Sheriff did not follow the union contract when he fired such deputy.
In regards to the murder to which you refer, please be advised that the Feds had negotiated a deal with one of those involved and part of the deal was for such person to tell what he knew about the murder. Up until such point in tell no officer knew what happened. Such person received multiple convictions on multiple crimes including the murder.(he will be in prison for a long time) He informed on the actual gunman. When the gunman was arrested he produced a written grant of immunity from former State's attorney, Grayson Gile. To my knowledge, Grayson Gile , never informed anyone of this immunity and kept this immunity a secret from everyone involved in the case. It is my understanding that your current State's Attorney is trying to somehow break this grant of immunity granted by Grayson Gile.
As far as your current State's attorney, I think she is trying. You have to remember that when she took office, Pulaski County was extremely deeply in debt and was not far behind Alexander County. It is my understanding that Pulaski County now has all debts paid and is operating in the black. Pulaski County is now buying equipment and finally sending officers to much needed training.
I have news for all of you. Every level of law enforcement, City, County, State and Federal, has different funds into which defendants are sometimes required to pay. This is nothing new. St. Clair County calling our local funds unethical is simply ridiculous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olmsted Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Meth heads (Aug '11) Feb 25 stoner movement 25
loud mouth Sandra buttrum Feb 25 Ullin 8
Who do you support for State Senate in Illinois... (Oct '10) Feb 24 who cares 29
Pete lence (Mar '14) Feb 24 mechanic 31
scott smith? Feb 22 just curious 1
any info Feb 21 police scan 1
cutmart K2 sales need to stop (May '13) Feb 21 Bo for Mayor 9
Olmsted Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Olmsted People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News