Did Charles Manson Have Family From Grahn

Posted in the Olive Hill Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Is It True

Morehead, KY

#1 May 9, 2012
I have been told Mansons grandmother was from grahn and he had spent some of his childhood there.
please

Ashland, KY

#2 May 9, 2012
NO, Charles Manson GM wasn't from Grahn, he wasn't from Grahn, none of his family is from Grahn.
Curious Observer

Olive Hill, KY

#3 May 9, 2012
Charles Manson was related to the family of the late Coleman Binion, sheriff of Carter County. I was told by Coleman's sister, Charlotte, that when Charles' mother would visit she & Charles (they were both babies) would be put down to nap together in a bedroom. Charlotte is about Charles' age. Of course, his last name came from his step-father. His mother's last name was Maddox & she didn't want him to the point she refused to name him. When he was born in Kings Daughters in Ashland his birth certificate said "No Name Maddox." He and his "family" lived in Carter County for awhile until they were run off. Also they didn't like the cold weather. Read the book "Helter Skelter." It's very interesting. Also this topic has been on Topix several times & you can read those posts--some right & some wrong.
true

Morehead, KY

#4 May 10, 2012
His grandmother was a Carroll. She married a Maddix. He has family all over Carter Co.
cathy

Ashland, KY

#5 May 10, 2012
who is the Carroll that was his grandma?
true

Morehead, KY

#6 May 13, 2012
I think it was Rebecca. Pretty sure it was Nelson Carroll's daughter.
mistahmanson

Russell, KY

#7 May 13, 2012
According to any reputable source, he was born in Cincinatti, Oh.
But the truth doesn't ring well with people of this county.
yes

Ashland, KY

#8 May 13, 2012
finally, someone making sense !!
your wrong

Morehead, KY

#9 May 14, 2012
He was bon in Ohio. He did live in Grahn,for a while. His mothers people are from Grahn.
mistahmanson

Ashland, KY

#10 May 14, 2012
Wow, I got the "disagree", "clueless", and "nuts" votes.
He wasn't born or never lived in, or near Grahn.
Books are your friend.
Considering his mother was indeed from Ashland, it's very possible that he indeed has some family that may still reside in the area.

If you're going to make up connections of your hometown to someone famous, couldn't you choose someone a little better than Charles Manson?
InFamous

Dahlonega, GA

#11 May 14, 2012
The issue here is Did Manson have family from Grahn Ky.

MistahManson you missed the question.
mistahmanson

Ashland, KY

#12 May 14, 2012
I agreed that he probably did have family here.
I was just rebuking the comment that Curious Observer made, saying he was born in KY.
old lady

Grayson, KY

#13 May 15, 2012
Manson was born(Charles Milles Maddox) Nov 12 1934 in Cincinnati Oh.his mother was Kathleen Maddox age 16 when she had him, and has family in Grahn or did.Don't worry about it, he won't be getting out to come here.
Curious Observer

Lexington, KY

#14 May 15, 2012
I just wish you all would read Helter Skelter. It was written by the man who prosecuted him & was the first to ever get a conviction of a person for murder who actually did not do the crime. The prosecutor proved that Manson had such a hold on his "family" members he could controll their activities. I'm going to dust off my copy of Helter Skelter tonight to give everybody some info. Had it since it was first published.
REALLY

Morehead, KY

#15 May 15, 2012
Curious Observer wrote:
I just wish you all would read Helter Skelter. It was written by the man who prosecuted him & was the first to ever get a conviction of a person for murder who actually did not do the crime. The prosecutor proved that Manson had such a hold on his "family" members he could controll their activities. I'm going to dust off my copy of Helter Skelter tonight to give everybody some info. Had it since it was first published.
SHut up witch. Why dont you get a life.
Wondering

Ashland, KY

#16 May 15, 2012
Seems you all have a computer, just look it up.
humm

Dahlonega, GA

#17 May 15, 2012
REALLY wrote:
<quoted text>
SHut up witch. Why dont you get a life.
It is called the Stockholm Syndrome. The mind control that Manson had over his Family. No he did not commit the crime . But the mind control he had on his FAMILY. Was the crime.Then you have to say the Family was weak minded. Drug induced ..etc..many decrements on this.

So It is that Manson did have family ties to the community of Grahn Ky.

As Billy Ray Cyrus.The Judds does to Ashland area of Ky.

Keith Whitley of Sandyhook. Tom T Hall Of Olive Hill.

Only differences is ..Manson was that of horrific deeds .
humm

Dahlonega, GA

#18 May 15, 2012
Did not mean to quote ..up above ..
mistahmanson

Grayson, KY

#19 May 15, 2012
Curious Observer wrote:
In my mind the writer of "Helter Skelter",(Vincent Bugliosi) is no better than Manson. Anyone who could prosecute the crime as a public servant, then write a tell all book, simply for profit, isn't someone I'd trust very much.

Manson's intelligence is overrated. You take a bunch of kids headed out west, hook them up with a guy who sorta resembles Jesus, and then feed then a profuse amount of LSD; It's not gonna take a super-genius to convince them to murder someone. Drugs are bad.
Curious Observer

Lexington, KY

#20 May 15, 2012
mistahmanson wrote:
<quoted text>
In my mind the writer of "Helter Skelter",(Vincent Bugliosi) is no better than Manson. Anyone who could prosecute the crime as a public servant, then write a tell all book, simply for profit, isn't someone I'd trust very much.
Manson's intelligence is overrated. You take a bunch of kids headed out west, hook them up with a guy who sorta resembles Jesus, and then feed then a profuse amount of LSD; It's not gonna take a super-genius to convince them to murder someone. Drugs are bad.
When you consider the no. of hours the writer took away from his family and the considerable danger they were in from the Manson family members who weren't locked up and I don't blame him for keeping the profit. The book served a purpose: there were (and still are) cults out there and this book helped family members of those involved to understand the considerable hold cult leaders had on their members--a lot like Hitler had on the German people. It was a pack mentality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olive Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
J Oney 1 hr Pat 1
Lori Smith 9 hr Lilly 2
Maggie Holbrook 10 hr smh 4
sirens 15 hr just now 1
You betrayed me....wah get over it! 18 hr the devil makes t... 11
sirens/ambulances 20 hr badbitch 3
kathy fultz 22 hr Common sense 2
More from around the web

Olive Hill People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE