what do you think of Walkers
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Georgie

Flatwoods, KY

#23 Jul 30, 2009
Walker's is good Another good one was James' Drive In. If you walked in just planning on a cup of coffee or a Coke, the smell of those huge burgers made you order food. Dixie Grill didn't even come close to Walker's or James'. Phillip Burton was a good cook , but the atmosphere was kind of stuck up. The owners ex-wife worked there and always looked hateful. You can't do that and expect people to come back.
DEE

Morehead, KY

#24 Jul 31, 2009
I love what they did to the back of the place looks nice , to bad some of the rest of the places in town don't do the same. It would look a lot nicer. They look so nasty like they are , but they don't care how we look to out of towners, and looks bad on us who live here too.
I like there food too....5 stars *****
uhuuuu

Commerce, GA

#25 Jul 31, 2009
The Dixie Grill had those great fried green tomatoes. Their Dixie breakfasts were out of this world. I didn't notice the Baker man's ex wife lookin' hateful but I didn't even know who she was but I didn't see nobody hateful looking.
Georgie

Whitney, TX

#26 Jul 31, 2009
Well, she must've been having a bad day, everytime I went in there. Hell, maybe it was just me she didn't like. lol
Leeann

Oak Grove, MO

#27 Nov 16, 2009
Best restaraunt in Olive Hill next to Burtons which is no longer there :(
Olive Hill

Flatwoods, KY

#28 Nov 17, 2009
The last time I ate there, the place was nasty, and the price is different if you have two same plate, it been awhile since I been in there, but it sure was running down here there for awhile after Carl died.
stanley

Olive Hill, KY

#29 Nov 17, 2009
will i was the pool room of walkers ss much i can still see the old pool hall standing'
will now the new walkers i eat every day for over 40 years in all very loveing people in walkers and very good friends to me we sure miss carl he was one of a kind that coud never be a man as good as carl walker was in my book walkers was allway the best food even when i had no money i still had food carl and and his wife thanks for being the best of all fast food in olivehill i guess thay will never be a day we will forget the walkers
family pool hall i hope GOD bless olivehill with the walkers gril sine stanley
Mom

Ashland, KY

#30 Nov 17, 2009
It's good to see that when an old favorite is under scrutiny, the faithful regulars will step up to the plate, so to speak.
Callie

Nicholasville, KY

#31 Nov 17, 2009
Olive Hill wrote:
The last time I ate there, the place was nasty, and the price is different if you have two same plate, it been awhile since I been in there, but it sure was running down here there for awhile after Carl died.
PSYCHO PERV!
slim pickens

Wagoner, OK

#32 Nov 17, 2009
That is so true Mom.
ticked off

Owingsville, KY

#33 Nov 22, 2009
let me explain something. i was going to post nice things until i seen dixie grill come into the picture. first of all, when those people were hired, do you think that they were not told what their wages would be? another thing, waitresses aren't typically paid full scale. usually it is 2 something an hour plus tips...next, that business was not meant to put anywhere out of business. it was just supposed to be a nice, clean restaurant, and that is exactly what it was. the uniforms were very nice. had a professional touch to it.
oh, and walkers is a great place to eat...as long as you don't mind people smoking over top of your food while they are cooking it and racist servers.
nice things poster

Nicholasville, KY

#34 Nov 23, 2009
ticked off wrote:
let me explain something. i was going to post nice things until i seen dixie grill come into the picture. first of all, when those people were hired, do you think that they were not told what their wages would be? another thing, waitresses aren't typically paid full scale. usually it is 2 something an hour plus tips...next, that business was not meant to put anywhere out of business. it was just supposed to be a nice, clean restaurant, and that is exactly what it was. the uniforms were very nice. had a professional touch to it.
oh, and walkers is a great place to eat...as long as you don't mind people smoking over top of your food while they are cooking it and racist servers.
I guess you "posting nice things" was just a tease then?
ticked off

Owingsville, KY

#35 Nov 23, 2009
I thought I made that clear. "i was going to post nice things until i seen dixie grill come into the picture."
nice things work4me

Cleveland, GA

#36 Nov 24, 2009
I "seen" the dixie grill - twice - from inside - couldn't breathe from the smoke that filled the dining area. Can't imagine why they didn't make it...

Walker's is da bomb - so get over it.
thesame

Owingsville, KY

#37 Nov 26, 2009
um, have u "seen" walker's from the inside? it is no better when it comes to the smoke...
nice things

Cleveland, GA

#38 Nov 27, 2009
Maybe so, but, they're STILL in business, aren't they?
My theory

Morehead, KY

#39 Dec 4, 2009
Since Walkers have fixed the side of their building, they are more into beautification and what this town is all about. Keep up the good work Walkers!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olive Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
West carter bed bugs 43 min Parent 1
Tim Mosier (Oct '09) 1 hr yep 9
8th grade basketball 15 hr old timer 2
The Dickerson bunch 20 hr Bob 28
Is Matt Logan going to play on the PGA tour (Aug '13) 20 hr Robert 10
Dave Smith 20 hr Jerry lee 5
Francis Middleton Sun tired of the drama 3

Olive Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance