Off The Rack Consignment.

Off The Rack Consignment.

Posted in the Olive Hill Forum

The Prowler

Cleveland, GA

#1 Mar 23, 2011
I was driving on the backstreet of Olive Hill and noticed the afroementioned shop, but they are not offically opened yet.

My question is: Does anybody know if this will be another thrift shop like the one that used to be on main street or will they just specialize in clothing?
Dreamer

Clarkesville, GA

#2 Mar 23, 2011
I have no idea but I know that right down from this new store there is also a thrift store coming in to another building on the corner as well so maybe they will both be a little different
Mom

Ashland, KY

#3 Mar 23, 2011
I don't know, but there's another one at the corner of Scott and Railroad Street(Dr. Baker's old office), opening April 1st.
hmm

United States

#4 Mar 25, 2011
Off The Rack opens officially on the 28th. So far all I have seen being taken into the store are really nice clothing, no stains or anything. I even saw a Tommy shirt with a tag on it. So it appears to be maybe like a Plato's closet. I haven't seen any furniture being brought in so I'm assuming this is a clothing only store. I guess we will just have to see the 28th.
dunno

Dahlonega, GA

#5 Mar 25, 2011
this can be good.
What I seen

Alto, GA

#6 Mar 29, 2011
I seen Gucci, Louis Vutton, Coach, Michael Kors.
Judgement

Alto, GA

#7 Apr 3, 2011
So, who all has checked this place out? Is it worth stopping by?
Aprilemerald

Owensboro, KY

#8 Apr 4, 2011
I have been to both shops. Off The Rack consignment is very clean, very well organized, and has very nice clothing items, purses, as well as some household items.All items are displayed like a department store and all price tags are visible. I bought a pair of Nike Tennis Shoes/brand new nearly for $15. The owner also has various prom gowns for sale for less than $100. Trust me, it is worth the trip as well as the time and effort. Please keep in mind that this is a new shop and it will take time to get things underway. I give it a 10 out of 10. The other thrift store has furniture, clothing, jewelry, and more. It is very cheap and organized. I am happy to see these businesses come to Olive Hill. I am an avid shopper at different consignment and thrift shops. I do not like going to the Bethany House because all of their items are donated but they jack most of their prices up so high that you just can't afford it. I had picked up a pair of jeans for one of my children and asked the cost and was told $5 because they were brand name. I guess they couldn't see past the label, but I could see the stains and the tears in the knees and the hem of the pant leg. When I pointed it out, I was told that $5 was a firm price. I placed the jeans back on the hanger and left and I have not been back. Everytime I had gone there, it was the same. I don't know who is in charge or who priced the items in the place, but obviously they had forfotten that this is Olive Hill, not some big city and that all the items in the store were DONATED and that it is no skin off their backs if the clothing sells or not. So, I say WELCOME to "Off The Rack" consignment and "Angel House" thrift shop. May you both succeed.
just wondering

Darlington, SC

#9 Apr 4, 2011
Does anyone know who's shops these are?
come on

Alto, GA

#10 Apr 4, 2011
just wondering wrote:
Does anyone know who's shops these are?
Jennifer King owns Off the Rack
Ohh

Hillsboro, KY

#11 Apr 8, 2011
Ohh I think that is Kay Garvins Grand Daughter from Smokey, he buys out Storage buildings, that should keep her in business..
Question

Hillsboro, KY

#12 Apr 12, 2011
Wander what she got fired from her job for???
curiosity killed the cat

Cleveland, GA

#13 Apr 12, 2011
Question wrote:
Wander what she got fired from her job for???
What makes you think she got fired from here job? Can't someone quit a job and start their own business? My god, you people are out to run everyone down arent you
The word is

United States

#14 Apr 12, 2011
That's what the word on the street is man..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olive Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pies 4 hr old timer 3
electric pole 4 hr old timer 8
Jeremy Henderson 5 hr Curious 4
your brother 7 hr Who dea 5
Local Politics Do you approve of Robin Webb as State Senator? (Jan '12) 13 hr Bill 89
Best looking women in Olive Hill (Aug '10) 15 hr Hah 258
olive hill police 15 hr Grayson 8

Olive Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Olive Hill Mortgages