angel

Lexington, KY

#1 May 12, 2010
has any one heard how the people of Olivehill can
contract them
Gabe

Morehead, KY

#2 May 12, 2010
There will be a community wide meeting at the olive hill elem school @ 6:00 pm Thursday evening. There is a good chance that FEMA will be there to answer questions.

“I know all your secrets!”

Since: Apr 10

Huntington, WV

#3 May 12, 2010
President Obama has signed a declaration of federal disaster for Kentucky with regard to recent flooding. Carter Co was not among the initial counties listed however, local officials indicated there is little doubt Carter Co will be among those declared in future listings. Lewis and Rowan Counties were among the first counties listed in the declaration.
angel

Lexington, KY

#4 May 12, 2010
Thanks
Sad

Olive Hill, KY

#5 May 12, 2010
fantabulous wrote:
President Obama has signed a declaration of federal disaster for Kentucky with regard to recent flooding. Carter Co was not among the initial counties listed however, local officials indicated there is little doubt Carter Co will be among those declared in future listings. Lewis and Rowan Counties were among the first counties listed in the declaration.
Olive Hill is never on a list for anything seems like!
What do they wat a small city to do in cases like this wash away the people to!!!!
Get real!
John

Baird, TX

#6 May 12, 2010
Maybe FEMA is sick of helping people who don't learn and move right back where they know it's going to flood. Maybe they know some(not all), love a flood so they can claim they lost expensive things to get paid for.
Be real

Idalou, TX

#7 May 12, 2010
I know for a fact that FEMA stepped in and shelled out many times on every flood.What gets me is how many times does Hydroco flood out before they'll rebuild it on higher ground somewhere else.They really needed that new rental office like a bullet in head.What a waste of gov'mt money.They paid 10,000 to a woman with a TV bed and couch an table many many times there.They need to bulldoze that place down and move Hydroco to higher land.
I curse you

Lexington, KY

#8 May 12, 2010
maybe fema is tired of giving money to officials who pocket it and misuse it like every time.They should help those who really are in need. Poor town
how rude

Cleveland, GA

#9 May 12, 2010
Maybe people have to live where they can, especially where you can afford to live. Not everyone can afford nice big homes out of a flood zone.
John

Ashland, KY

#10 May 12, 2010
Of course not! Why move out of harms way and pay your own way, when H.U.D. will pay your bills for you and FEMA will pay for every time you get flooded. And what gets me, they say," I don't believe it flooded again, even though it has so many times before!" Now if it makes us rude to speak the truth, then I guess we're all just rude.
The Truth

Morehead, KY

#11 May 13, 2010
Dido!
crazy

Olive Hill, KY

#12 May 13, 2010
Renter's don't move back to hydreco.Let the apartment's sit there empty until someone fixes the problem or let them float down Tygart. I say they'll float first. Let the knuckleheads keep building in a flood zone.
John

Broken Arrow, OK

#13 May 13, 2010
They filled it in before building the new ones. That's why the water turned back to downtown. Whoever made that decision is responsible for everything that was lost. I wouldn't want that hanging over my head.
Honestly John

Owensboro, KY

#14 May 14, 2010
John: Do you know your statements to be true? Are you an engineer? I have property in town that was damaged beyond all recognition and if you have PROOF that the major flooding was caused by how the Hydreco construction project was designed, I would love to hear about it. I think it is amazing that the town has had the most devastating flooding since forever ago and nobody else has mentioned this that John brings up.

Do you guys think this is a valid point or not??
John

Broken Arrow, OK

#15 May 15, 2010
Jim Short has an article in the paper on this. How else can you explain how town survived the flood in 2003, before the new section was built, with only a few inches of water compared to 5 feet or more this time. Do I make a valid point? Hell yeah, I do. And even if I was wrong, who are you to ask anybody? Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Did you make the call to build there again, higher, turning flood waters back to town? You don't have to be an engineer to see this is a SNAFU!!
stupid

Cleveland, GA

#16 May 15, 2010
You guy's all act like Olive Hill is the only place that got flooded and that the city is to blame how funny that is when other places and States got the same amount of rain and flooded in places that had never been flooded boy oh boy how stupid some of you are !!
olivehillbilly

Broken Arrow, OK

#17 May 15, 2010
stupid wrote:
You guy's all act like Olive Hill is the only place that got flooded and that the city is to blame how funny that is when other places and States got the same amount of rain and flooded in places that had never been flooded boy oh boy how stupid some of you are !!
I wouldn't call anyone "stupid" after writing an entire paragraph without periods or commas.
anyone out there

Owensboro, KY

#18 May 19, 2010
Has anyone heard if FEMA is going to help the homeowners of Olive Hill? I wonder how long it will take for the FEMA help to arrive, if ever?
ALSO, my family was flooded out and our home needs major repairs. I can't afford it all out of pocket but cant afford a loan. I was told by the Red Cross to apply for FEMA but I havent heard anything yet. I see that James Hardware has a flood sale, but I was told that anything in my home that flood waters touched had to be thrown away. Anyone know what the deal is down there? THey are selling flood damaged items, I think.
deacon

Owensboro, KY

#19 May 19, 2010
crazy wrote:
Renter's don't move back to hydreco.Let the apartment's sit there empty until someone fixes the problem or let them float down Tygart. I say they'll float first. Let the knuckleheads keep building in a flood zone.
A Men
Confused

Waterloo, Canada

#20 May 20, 2010
On TV last night the FEMA rep said Morehead was the location to go to for help. On the radio it said FEMA was scouting a location in Olive Hill and it would probably be the old High School. Which is it and did anyone take in to consideration the people who were flooded might not have transportation to Morehead? Its over twenty miles and gas almost three dollars per gallon! Who makes these decisions and does anyone consider the poor victims who lost everything they own?!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olive Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for fun 10 hr Interested 1
clark hill (Sep '09) 14 hr boone keaton 60
Brandon Burton magistrate. The real joke 15 hr wallace 8
Getting two sons Fri truckers lay 1
us patriots mc Fri Baby diablo 5
Places to tan Fri Sunseeker 1
Is Bobby Hall part time now. Fri duhwhatcha 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Olive Hill Mortgages