West carter academic team

Posted in the Olive Hill Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Proud

Morehead, KY

#1 Feb 19, 2012
3 girls from West will be going to the state governor's cup academic meet at Rupp next month!!!! These girls have worked diligently for months beating out 13 other schools in this region!!!!!!! We need to support them. Yeah Kalin, Annie and Darby!!! You make us so proud. Hope the school acknowledges your accomplishments.
Great

Morehead, KY

#2 Feb 19, 2012
Good 4 r school! Good to hear this. Not good that u have to find out this stuff on here!!!!! Congrats ladies!!!!!!!!!
AWESOME

Dahlonega, GA

#3 Feb 19, 2012
Think there will be a pep rally for this? Heck no. Unless there are balls involved nothing gets recognized. We all need to band together and make sure our gals get the support they need regardless of what the school does for them!
Yeaaaaa

New York, NY

#4 Feb 19, 2012
Darby Campbell, Kalin Wilson, Annie Baker we are so proud of you as well as the rest of the academic team and all their hard work!!! Entire team runner up in region!! Kudos to u all!!! That's what learning and school is all abt!!!
working woman

Grayson, KY

#5 Feb 19, 2012
Too bad all the students on the Academic Team aren't getting the same recognition as these 3 girls....after all it is supposed to be a 'team' isn't it?(I do not mean any dis-respect to the girls mentioned, I just do not like the way West seems to pick favorites, and allows the 'coaches' to harass and humiliate the students with no regard to the emotional damage that is being caused at the hands of someone who is supposed to hold themselves at a higher level than the adolescents they are teaching!)Just don't forget you reap what you sow....one day everything you are doing will come back to you.....you should be very afraid~
Yeaaaaa

New York, NY

#6 Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, I said the entire team deserves kudos for their runner up status in the entire region !!!
Alice

New York, NY

#7 Feb 21, 2012
Congratulations!!! I agree sad to have to hear this in topix!!!
Sally

Ashland, KY

#8 Feb 21, 2012
You should know better than to try to bring some positive recognition to kids on this site? No post stays positive for long as referenced by "working woman". This is a wonderful accomplishment for the 3 girls as well as the rest of the academic team. I read about it in The Independent, a newspaper.
Good Job

Cleveland, GA

#9 Feb 21, 2012
I'm glad to see it recognized, maybe especially on Topix! It may not get equal press to a district or regional basketball game, but at least our kids know we're proud of them! Coaches, too. I don't know the coaches but I can see their efforts led to something positive. I hope it wasn't done in a
detrimental fashion, but if so it's probably more like sports than we thought!
Uhh

Cleveland, GA

#10 Feb 21, 2012
working woman wrote:
Too bad all the students on the Academic Team aren't getting the same recognition as these 3 girls....after all it is supposed to be a 'team' isn't it?(I do not mean any dis-respect to the girls mentioned, I just do not like the way West seems to pick favorites, and allows the 'coaches' to harass and humiliate the students with no regard to the emotional damage that is being caused at the hands of someone who is supposed to hold themselves at a higher level than the adolescents they are teaching!)Just don't forget you reap what you sow....one day everything you are doing will come back to you.....you should be very afraid~
What the heck? What's going on? I only know one of the coaches but she's the sweetest little thing in the world. I can't imagine her harassing or humiliating anyone!
Alice

Morehead, KY

#11 Feb 21, 2012
Like sports? I hardly think so. These kids aren't in the clique. It's hard work!!!!
working woman

Grayson, KY

#12 Feb 22, 2012
Sweetest litle thing? Ask some of her students....sweet was not a word any of them used to describe her! One of the students had her years ago, same opinion!
shirt

Elkton, KY

#13 Feb 22, 2012
working woman wrote:
Too bad all the students on the Academic Team aren't getting the same recognition as these 3 girls....after all it is supposed to be a 'team' isn't it?(I do not mean any dis-respect to the girls mentioned, I just do not like the way West seems to pick favorites, and allows the 'coaches' to harass and humiliate the students with no regard to the emotional damage that is being caused at the hands of someone who is supposed to hold themselves at a higher level than the adolescents they are teaching!)Just don't forget you reap what you sow....one day everything you are doing will come back to you.....you should be very afraid~
I agree with you most the school doesnt get recognition its always the ppl with the ball. But what gets me is how they always blame the poor kids when something happens and ball players get off with a slap on the wrist.
working woman

Grayson, KY

#14 Feb 23, 2012
shirt wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you most the school doesnt get recognition its always the ppl with the ball. But what gets me is how they always blame the poor kids when something happens and ball players get off with a slap on the wrist.
I believe it has been, and always will be that way....it's sad...the kids are the ones who suffer
Yup

Morehead, KY

#15 Feb 24, 2012
I think it is time these kids quit taking these dumb test for the "academic team" and it is time they go get a job!
jerk

Cleveland, GA

#16 Feb 24, 2012
Yup wrote:
I think it is time these kids quit taking these dumb test for the "academic team" and it is time they go get a job!
...and just what is your contribution to society?
Carolyn

Dahlonega, GA

#17 Feb 26, 2012
Congratulations to Olive Hill Academic Team for place 1st in the Governer's Cup yesterday!!!
Carolyn

Dahlonega, GA

#18 Feb 26, 2012
*placing 1st.
shirt

Elkton, KY

#19 Feb 26, 2012
Yeaaaaa wrote:
Darby Campbell, Kalin Wilson, Annie Baker we are so proud of you as well as the rest of the academic team and all their hard work!!! Entire team runner up in region!! Kudos to u all!!! That's what learning and school is all abt!!!
Listen i go to school with them and i dont think you should even put ppls names on here theres a lot of ppl who will start talking trash
year2011

West Liberty, KY

#20 Feb 26, 2012
Good job , Hope to see a full page picture on this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olive Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tractor 1 hr T Man 1
nicole dixon is in juvenail jail 3 hr turtleman 15
Pastor Nancy Duncan 11 hr study the word 20
nicole dixon Stole tip money from tylers 19 hr Her Cousin 22
Wanna play...say one positive thing about a per... (Jan '09) Mon topster 59
City Clerk Cheri James, caught in Extensive fra... (Oct '12) Mon top 177
Brittany Reynolds Mon top 46
More from around the web

Olive Hill People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]