Nathan Barker-missing
Seriously

Lexington, KY

#46 Jul 14, 2011
huh wrote:
is there any new info? Why is it we have to read of this on Topix and not the news?
Because the news doesn't seem to want to cover anything unless it involves a dead body or some other horrible thing! They don't seem to want to help find someone before it leads to being something tragic!
wsaz

Morehead, KY

#47 Jul 14, 2011
CARTER COUTY, Ky -- Deputies found a smashed car - but no sign of the driver.

Now, investigators are working a missing person’s case, and checking to see if there are any ties to the still unsolved murder of Nemo Bryant.

“This has the potential to be bad,” sheriff Casey Brammell said.

The Carter County sheriff says Nathan Barker's maroon Cadillac was discovered at about 2:30 a.m. Tuesday morning, smashed into a guard rail along route seven near Grayson Lake.

The sheriff says the car had front end and windshield damage - but no sign of the 20 year old from the Olive Hill area. And no traces of blood at all.

“The air bags were deployed, and there were no visible signs of injury," Brammell said. "There was nothing to make us believe there was an injury.”

Nathan Barker's family tells WSAZ.com they searched the woods around the crash site Wednesday from daylight until dark, with no results.

They seemed nervous and anxious, and did not want to talk on camera, but said that Nathan would always either come home at night or call and say where he was staying.

The Barker crash site is not far from where a farmer in April found the body of Olive Hill's Dillon “Nemo” Bryant at the bottom of a farm pond.

Detectives say the 20-year-old was shot and killed before he was dumped in the pond.

The sheriff says Nemo and Nathan had ties.

“They were about the same age, went to school together – we’ve been informed that they ran together, but there's a major difference between this and Nemo's case," Brammell said. "Nemo just went missing, this has a little more.”

Sheriff Brammell says he not ruling anything in or out in the missing person's search for Nathan barker.

Investigators in the Nemo Bryant murder case say they will compare notes with the Carter County sheriff on any possible ties to Nathan Barker's disappearance.

If you have any information that might help find Nathan Barker, you can call the Carter County Sheriff's Department.
WSAZ

Flatwoods, KY

#48 Jul 14, 2011
Friend wrote:
When did Sheriff Bramell make this statement because I can't imagine this being said publicly. I do not know if Nemo and Nathan were friends, but no one deserves to die.
<quoted text>
It is on WSAZ.com !!!!
http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/Missing_Pe...

CARTER COUTY, Ky -- Deputies found a smashed car - but no sign of the driver.

Now, investigators are working a missing person’s case, and checking to see if there are any ties to the still unsolved murder of Nemo Bryant.

“This has the potential to be bad,” sheriff Casey Brammell said.

The Carter County sheriff says Nathan Barker's maroon Cadillac was discovered at about 2:30 a.m. Tuesday morning, smashed into a guard rail along route seven near Grayson Lake.

The sheriff says the car had front end and windshield damage - but no sign of the 20 year old from the Olive Hill area. And no traces of blood at all.

“The air bags were deployed, and there were no visible signs of injury," Brammell said. "There was nothing to make us believe there was an injury.”

Nathan Barker's family tells WSAZ.com they searched the woods around the crash site Wednesday from daylight until dark, with no results.

They seemed nervous and anxious, and did not want to talk on camera, but said that Nathan would always either come home at night or call and say where he was staying.

The Barker crash site is not far from where a farmer in April found the body of Olive Hill's Dillon “Nemo” Bryant at the bottom of a farm pond.

Detectives say the 20-year-old was shot and killed before he was dumped in the pond.

“They were about the same age, went to school together – we’ve been informed that they ran together, but there's a major difference between this and Nemo's case," Brammell said. "Nemo just went missing, this has a little more.”

Sheriff Brammell says he not ruling anything in or out in the missing person's search for Nathan barker.

Investigators in the Nemo Bryant murder case say they will compare notes with the Carter County sheriff on any possible ties to Nathan Barker's disappearance.

If you have any information that might help find Nathan Barker, you can call the Carter County Sheriff's Department.
The Truth

Flatwoods, KY

#49 Jul 14, 2011
Seriously wrote:
I don't believe that Brammel would have told someone that Nemo's disappearance and death are connected to Nathan's disappearance!
This is a small town that feeds off of lies and rumors! There is nothing better for stupid people to do other than lurk around online tormenting families and friends that are going through hell.
I do find it odd that someone around the same age as Nemo is now missing 5 months later.
But starting the spread of rumors does not help anyone! It puts more burdens on the family of this missing boy! If you can't do anything to help find him, then don't even stir up more problems for them!
I will be praying for the Barker family! I hope and pray that Nathan will return home safely!
It was on the news your moron!!! It isn't like I am just making this stuff up, it is being said by the POLICE
The Truth

Flatwoods, KY

#50 Jul 14, 2011
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the news doesn't seem to want to cover anything unless it involves a dead body or some other horrible thing! They don't seem to want to help find someone before it leads to being something tragic!
Have you ever thought that is because the police already know it is too late!
well

Morehead, KY

#51 Jul 14, 2011
Seriously wrote:
I don't believe that Brammel would have told someone that Nemo's disappearance and death are connected to Nathan's disappearance!
This is a small town that feeds off of lies and rumors! There is nothing better for stupid people to do other than lurk around online tormenting families and friends that are going through hell.
I do find it odd that someone around the same age as Nemo is now missing 5 months later.
But starting the spread of rumors does not help anyone! It puts more burdens on the family of this missing boy! If you can't do anything to help find him, then don't even stir up more problems for them!
I will be praying for the Barker family! I hope and pray that Nathan will return home safely!

Wow

Richmond, KY

#52 Jul 14, 2011
The Truth wrote:
Sheriff Brammell said that Nathan and Nemo "ran together," which means Nathan is a pill head too and most likely was killed by the same people that killed Nemo. As long as the murderers keep killing drug dealers, keep up the good work!
You'd feel differently if that "pill head" was your son/boyfriend/husband/friend/r elative....I don't know Nathan but I went to MSU with his sister and that's a TERRIBLE thing to say. I will be praying for him and for YOU!
Info

Whitney, TX

#53 Jul 14, 2011
WSAZ has the article up now. It seems that Brammell thinks something.
Really

Morehead, KY

#54 Jul 14, 2011
The Truth wrote:
Sheriff Brammell said that Nathan and Nemo "ran together," which means Nathan is a pill head too and most likely was killed by the same people that killed Nemo. As long as the murderers keep killing drug dealers, keep up the good work!
That has to be one of the most ignorant things I've heard in a while. Seriously, you can sit there and say that???
Let me know if someone in your family or one of your friends go missing so I can say some shxt like that so you can know what if feels like.
You insensitive xsshole, I hope someone beats the holy shxt out of you one day!
Teresa

Gays, IL

#55 Jul 14, 2011
My thought and prayers are with this family.
pammy

Lexington, KY

#56 Jul 14, 2011
Facebook post says he was last seen on Three Pine. Where on Three Pine?
puff

Morehead, KY

#57 Jul 14, 2011
This is scary, I really hope Nathan is found and is safe. He's a really sweet kid. It was insinuated on the news, that Nathan and Nemo "ran together". Either way that doesn't make him a pill head. Nemo was a close friend of mine and I am by no means a pill head! Obviously nothing will be accomplished apart from awareness and arguing with topix, but people really do need to consider what they type before doing so. And once again, What is happening in Carter Co?? I'm starting to think I've moved to Santa Carla or something. The crime rate is outrageous, yes, but young people are disappearing, this is getting ridiculous. I don't know what but something needs to be done.
Seriously

Lexington, KY

#58 Jul 14, 2011
pammy wrote:
Facebook post says he was last seen on Three Pine. Where on Three Pine?
At J.J. Lewis house.
good friend

Danielsville, GA

#59 Jul 14, 2011
does anyone know what he was wearing before he went missing
Seriously

Lexington, KY

#60 Jul 14, 2011
what does it help to know what he was wearing?
Praying For A Safe Return

Morehead, KY

#61 Jul 14, 2011
The Truth wrote:
You need help!!!
This is serious and you think its all fun and games.
If this was your child things would be different.
You arnt the one being put through pain like this.
So why dont you do us a favor,keep your mouth shut and have some respect for this family!

Im sorry to everyone out there that is worried sick about Nathan.
No arguments need to be started over something like this.
Nathan and his family are in my prayers.
trey

Franklin, TN

#62 Jul 14, 2011
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>At J.J. Lewis house.
How do you know this? Who is JJ Lewis?
Help him

Lexington, KY

#63 Jul 14, 2011
Why don't people start a search party or something like when Nemo went missing, get that one Chris guy who done the search for Nemo to do one for Nathan.
pathetic

Grayson, KY

#64 Jul 14, 2011
ugh wrote:
h]Here we go again, another missing person and a bunch people on topix arguing with theirselves and gossipping instead of actually doing something to help. It's pitiful.
I hope they find you though Nathan!
Seems the only person trying to argue is you, and who are you to talk about "a bunch of people on topix" arent you doing the same?
If you do not have a question or information about nathan, then you're just as pathetic as the people you are talking about.
tired of the pill heads

Alto, GA

#65 Jul 15, 2011
i hope they find him alive and well, but has anyone searched the pond ? the one where nemo was found?,,,,, maybe he wasnt driving when the crash happened,,,, who is jj lewis?? and why haven they seached or talked to him,?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olive Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Head Lice in 2nd Grade at Tygart Creek 2 hr MommaX4 24
town drunk callihan is new mayor 9 hr Allen 4
Andy Bond (Sep '16) 10 hr her 91
Any decent single women 12 hr darkman 10
who will be the NEW OH Mayor Wed Max 33
bitty Tue mary 1
seriously????? Tue Truthfully 6

Olive Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance