Haunted Callihan House
oprah

Owensboro, KY

#21 Jun 25, 2009
the story about this house are facts. i remember well,even though i was young. i think his name was randy callihan,not sure. i read news articles about different universities and professors and such coming there to do studies. they all witnessed these bizarrie events, the one i remember, this give me goose bumps still today, they had an old bed with eagles on the bed post, it was witnessed they went airborn at people. you cant make this stuff up.there are more.talk to a guy named buddy callihan he will tell all sorts of events and facts........
OH Citizen

Frankfort, KY

#22 Jun 25, 2009
Randy was not the brother involved, it was one of his younger brothers, but not Mitchell. Can't remember his name. The house was located about where Smith's hardware is located. Before the new road came through there in the early 70's, you had to cross the creek to get to the house. The magazine that covered this didn't put Olive Hill in a very good light.
happy

Grayson, KY

#23 Jun 26, 2009
The house was in string town and there was one on zimmerman hill. Both had things happen in them.
happy

Grayson, KY

#24 Jun 26, 2009
OH Citizen wrote:
Randy was not the brother involved, it was one of his younger brothers, but not Mitchell. Can't remember his name. The house was located about where Smith's hardware is located. Before the new road came through there in the early 70's, you had to cross the creek to get to the house. The magazine that covered this didn't put Olive Hill in a very good light.
..Roger
Chelsa

Owensboro, KY

#25 Jun 26, 2009
my mom lived very close to it when it all went down, she said it was crazaay...and whats funny is we live close to it again :)
Timekeeper

Olive Hill, KY

#26 Jun 26, 2009
It really did happen. I think I know the people that lived there about 5 or 6 years ago. It tormented one of the young men that lived there specifically in the bedroom. His mother told me about some of it and said they was going to have to move. They were nice people and they wouldn't make up a story like this.

By the way, Buddy doesn't want to talk about it and I wouldn't ask him about it. It was very upsetting to his family.
House on that road

Alto, GA

#27 Jun 26, 2009
Guy's Gal's whoever you are their are papers out their somewhere that has all this in it, what happened their ect.... That family has been gone from Olive hill for years and may be dead by now but this is true and a chalk dog flew across the floor also and the table lifted off the floor.
Seems everyone has so much time on their hands maybe they should go look it up on the net......
lived there wrote:
<quoted text> Let me tell you something no power source means no batteries I am just telling whoever that wanted to know about the house what happened there u can stay there awhile and decide for yourself GOOD LUCK
lived there

Roosevelt, OK

#28 Jun 26, 2009
well Iknow what happened when I lived there and I know what we saw i also remenber them saying a washer and dryer danced across the floor but that didn't happen to us. That house has evil in it and I would never live there again so you can think and say whatever you want but my family and friends seen enough to know what I say is true and what everyone else thinks is not important.
Time Keeper

Olive Hill, KY

#30 Jun 27, 2009
lived there wrote:
well Iknow what happened when I lived there and I know what we saw i also remenber them saying a washer and dryer danced across the floor but that didn't happen to us. That house has evil in it and I would never live there again so you can think and say whatever you want but my family and friends seen enough to know what I say is true and what everyone else thinks is not important.
Was you the one that lived there when "the phone was messed with all the time"?
Oh Yeah

United States

#31 Jun 27, 2009
BOO!!! Ha Gotcha!
lived there

Ashland, KY

#32 Jun 27, 2009
yes lived there then
Time Keeper

Olive Hill, KY

#33 Jun 28, 2009
lived there wrote:
yes lived there then
What exactly happened with the phone?

I don't remember exactly what I was told and its driving me crazy trying to remember.

Remind me!!!!!
bull shit

Grayson, KY

#34 Jun 28, 2009
thats a load of bull man no ghost can make things turn on like a radio if it aint plugged in you all are a bunch of dumbasses if you all believe this and i bet it is haunted but no shit like that goes on
just an observer

Grahn, KY

#35 Jun 28, 2009
its all in the cater county history book
Paranormal researcher

Ewing, VA

#36 Jun 29, 2009
bull shit wrote:
thats a load of bull man no ghost can make things turn on like a radio if it aint plugged in you all are a bunch of dumbasses if you all believe this and i bet it is haunted but no shit like that goes on
Hmm well i guess u havent read up on it then cause a poltergiest can make things move as can a demonic haunting, and a demonic haunting can result in a person being picked up and thrown, if u like u can call me a dumbass thats ok, but i research this kind of things all the time, the Calihan house being one of them and had this been made up it would have never gotten the attention it did 40 yrs ago and even to this day.
lived there

Ashland, KY

#37 Jun 29, 2009
Time Keeper wrote:
<quoted text>
What exactly happened with the phone?
I don't remember exactly what I was told and its driving me crazy trying to remember.
Remind me!!!!!
THE PHONE WOULD RING AND WHEN YOU ANSWERED IT YOU HAD A DIAL TONE AND IT WAS STILL RINGING THE CORDLESS PHONE WOULD CHACE YOU AROUND THE ROOM LIKE A REMOTE CONTROLL CAR IT WAS FREEKY STUFF
lived there

Ashland, KY

#38 Jun 29, 2009
I would love to investagate things like this also
Paranormal researcher wrote:
<quoted text> Hmm well i guess u havent read up on it then cause a poltergiest can make things move as can a demonic haunting, and a demonic haunting can result in a person being picked up and thrown, if u like u can call me a dumbass thats ok, but i research this kind of things all the time, the Calihan house being one of them and had this been made up it would have never gotten the attention it did 40 yrs ago and even to this day.
Toolman

Vanceburg, KY

#39 Jun 29, 2009
if ur talkin about the white house with the red tin roof down by britt frasiers moms house than yea i could see it being haunted my buddies used to live there and we seen shadows, phone moving across the floor along with weird noises...the woman who rented the house at the time was infact a calihan...but i heard they tore down the house yrs ago and it used to sit where the lumber yard is at smiths harware...big c likes weiner in his mouth btw
Just Sayin

Dahlonega, GA

#40 Jun 30, 2009
There were many stories written about this house. The old lady Mrs Callihan and her grandson Roger were the ones said to be possessed. A lot of people came and took pictures of the house. A mirror cracked on its own while someone was looking in it. Furniture would move on its own. A story was told that Roger didn't like John Patton, so he stopped one day and looked at one of his barns and it fell down. I lived on the branch during this time. I was a young girl. When walking by the house I always ran. I am sure the house is torn down now. Many people said they went in the house and experienced a lot of weird things. I will see if I can find any info about the house.
Silly Goose

Lexington, KY

#41 Jul 1, 2009
Well, I also lived there at the time all this stuff was going on. Many people from all over came to see the possessed boy. Callihans (Delbert and John had a property dispute so if you were a Calihan, well we all know the mentality)and the Pattons never got along, but no bard ever fell. The only barn around there is still standing, the auction barn. Dont know if the original house is still standing but I know alot of things that was said. Lots of it was so exaggerated. It made the papers and preachers came by the bus loads trying to exerocise the boy. That was funny. The family moved to get away from the craziness and those stupid religious people that came by almost every day and 40 yrs later the town still talks about it and dont know diddly the real story. So when you taslk about it, keep it interesting and dont forget to mention beds flying, dogs dying if they got to close to the hosue, and the boy in the bed who was a devil.
Just Sayin wrote:
There were many stories written about this house. The old lady Mrs Callihan and her grandson Roger were the ones said to be possessed. A lot of people came and took pictures of the house. A mirror cracked on its own while someone was looking in it. Furniture would move on its own. A story was told that Roger didn't like John Patton, so he stopped one day and looked at one of his barns and it fell down. I lived on the branch during this time. I was a young girl. When walking by the house I always ran. I am sure the house is torn down now. Many people said they went in the house and experienced a lot of weird things. I will see if I can find any info about the house.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olive Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
reckon 7 hr RECKON SO 6
Lanette Oney 10 hr ScreamAce 3
Scarlett 15 hr NOT GEORGE BUSH 35
new construction 21 hr blah 10
robert futson Sat Ruler 7
Tim bear Sat Curious 1
All of my cats are disappearing Feb 16 Hocat 9

Olive Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance