ABC Daycare closing January 31st

ABC Daycare closing January 31st

Posted in the Olive Hill Forum

Mom

United States

#1 Jan 9, 2012
ABC Daycare are closing their doors the end of this month due to not being able to pay bills. I know there are some folks out there who dislike this establishment but I'm not here to discuss this. As a parent with young children who also happens to work 40+ hours a week, daycare is a must. With the daycare closing it puts parents like myself in a pickle because there are no other daycare centers in this town. I do know there are licensed home daycare places, but have not heard anything good or bad about them. It worries me. Readers and fellow parents I need help, do you know of any good center or home nearby in this town? The bus must be able to get them there after school as I work until nearly 6 on some evenings. Any suggestions that are positive are helpful. As I mentioned there is no need to bash ABC Daycare. I just need friendly advice on where to go next. Thanks in advance.
Angel

Morehead, KY

#2 Jan 9, 2012
Rita Bond has an in home daycare. I don't say this about many people but I would trust this woman 100% with my children. Our niece and nephew go there, she is truly great with children and very protective. I believe it is called Sissy's daycare.
Darla

Ashland, KY

#3 Jan 9, 2012
My children attend ABC and we've not been told that they are closing. Where is this information coming from??
One mom and Two kids

Morehead, KY

#4 Jan 9, 2012
The information came from our parent meeting that was on Friday, January 6th. The notes were posted on the door for all parents to attend. Sorry :(
Erin

Ashland, KY

#5 Jan 9, 2012
I hate to see them close and we are left with very few options for daycare. Does anyone know if the in home daycares will accept daycare assistance?
Parent

Ashland, KY

#6 Jan 9, 2012
The only in home daycares that I know of in Olive Hill is Alice Bradley, Terra Bond and Rita Bond. All of those ladies are wonderful people that I would trust with my kids. I hope this helps. Praying that it all works out!
A mother

Newark, NJ

#7 Jan 9, 2012
A parent meeting was held at ABC Daycare the 6th where each parent was informed of the closing due to not being able to pay bills. They gave parents a list of Daycare places or people in the area. Alice Bradley, Rita Bond (Sissy's Day Care), Lil Tots, Deb's Day Care, Lakeway (in Grayson), Little Blessings (in Grayson) and a few ABC Staff are also allowing children into their homes. If you have not been informed and your children attend ABC then you need to speak to a staff member or Mandy Carter or Kayla Henderson who are the directors.
A mother

Newark, NJ

#8 Jan 9, 2012
And yes these these people/places take assistance. You can always call the Child Care Assistance program and they can also tell you places that accept the assistance voucher in your area.
Hello

Dahlonega, GA

#9 Jan 10, 2012
Alice Bradley is a very good person! My children went there when they were younger and you couldn't ask for a better person to care for your babies:)
A mother

United States

#10 Jan 10, 2012
A mother from the daycare told me that all of the places are full. Does anyone know if that is true?
Erin

Ashland, KY

#11 Jan 10, 2012
Every place that I have called is full and putting kids on a waiting list.
Angel

Morehead, KY

#12 Jan 10, 2012
I spoke to Rita Bond yesterday "Sissy's Daycare" she still has 2 openings or did as of yesterday. Maybe u can check with her and see if they are still available. Hope this helps in some way.

Since: Sep 11

Ashland, KY

#13 Jan 11, 2012
Angel wrote:
Rita Bond has an in home daycare. I don't say this about many people but I would trust this woman 100% with my children. Our niece and nephew go there, she is truly great with children and very protective. I believe it is called Sissy's daycare.
Rita is very good, I would trust her with my kids any day. I know her personally and she's the best and has been doing it a long time so she has a lot of experience. She would be my first and only choice if I had to use daycare.
A mother

Secaucus, NJ

#14 Jan 13, 2012
I called Rita's and she had told me they were full. I did hear a rumor (so don't quote me on this) is that one of the ABC staff is going to rent out a place and open her own business. I haven't heard any truth about that but I sure hope so! We need more day cares in the area.
may hwlp

Elkview, WV

#15 Jan 19, 2012
Angie Wilburn is considering opening a small in home center. She used to work in ABC at the infant room. She REAL GOOD.
Darla

Flatwoods, KY

#16 Jan 19, 2012
Angie would be wonderful!! I also heard that Kayla Henderson was considering taking children in her home. Does anyone know if this is true or what other staffers are considering opening up a center?
A mom

United States

#17 Jan 20, 2012
If your children go to ABC daycare there is a list of staff that are taking children in their homes. Kayla is one of those. However the amount of children allowed is limited and from my knowledge they are full as well. At least when I asked I was told, but I could be wrong. I do hope someone opens up an in home center or a daycare center. We definitely need it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olive Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roger knipp 1 hr crazy 2
shooting in Olive Hill? (Aug '10) 2 hr just-us 295
covenant cable 5 hr just me 6
num,,num, 6 hr Nono 2
James sammons 15 hr anon 2
Wreck on 3 pine 17 hr Durn 2
The Truck Stop 22 hr teacher 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Olive Hill Mortgages