Carter slaying suspect arrested

Carter slaying suspect arrested

There are 26 comments on the Independent story from May 8, 2006, titled Carter slaying suspect arrested. In it, Independent reports that:

A Carter County man suspected in a fatal shooting Saturday night turned himself in to the Elliott County Sheriffs Department around 10:30 p.m. Sunday, according to KSP officer John Owen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Independent.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
kaula stamper

Flemingsburg, KY

#1 May 10, 2006
i love george he would never do that i sleeped with him all the time i like sleeping with people if u know any one call me any time baby.
p.s i love sex
Local EMT

United States

#2 May 10, 2006
Then why did he turn himself in, to get a break from U!!!!!!!!
Iowa

United States

#3 May 14, 2006
kaula stamper wrote:
i love george he would never do that i sleeped with him all the time i like sleeping with people if u know any one call me any time baby.
p.s i love sex
What is wrong with you?
stephanie phillips

Hodgenville, KY

#4 May 16, 2006
inmates at the county jail might be interested scum bucket
mae mae

AOL

#5 Jun 18, 2006
I am lost with these messeges..we are commenting on a murder...Kids that are on here making silly kids remarks..Oneday when you have a real life tradegy yourself ..You reap what you soul...God bless you all....
cindy

Grahn, KY

#6 Jun 21, 2006
hey kaula stamper iam real clad that you found someone to have sex with you george sounds like alot of fun to bad he killed somebody that sucks ass maybe you could pay the jailer and you and george could still have sex it shouldnt be hard for you instead of takeing money for sex you give it just somethik to thik about ps crack kills
Jessica

Olive Hill, KY

#7 Aug 6, 2006
I have know George most of my life. My dad knows alot of his family and they are very crazy. I think George should have been a man, but he was a pussy and had to shoot John. John had a little boy and George took that little boys daddy away from him. I think he should have to serve life in prison. Because he took Johns life. I know both of them and its bs what happened.
Jessica

Olive Hill, KY

#8 Aug 6, 2006
AND KAULA YOU GOT SOME PROBLEMS. I THINK U DID HELP. GEORGE GAVE SOME GIRL I KNOW AIDS AND KNOW HER SON TOO. SO U MIT NEED TO GET CHECKED OUT
Mindy

Macon, GA

#9 Sep 25, 2006
I have known John Owens for most of his life. HE did live in and out of children mental hospitals and foster care. He did have a violent nature. Both men in this case are gone and it is a shame that our society has this horrible out spoken sexual content to add to this forum. Have any one of you not considered that your words may hurt this young mans trial. I have also heard of rumors that inmates in jail with Mr. Gilbert have made attempts on his life. Please let the jury make the decision for that young man. Don't allow reasonable doubt be apart of this trial. And another thing please show respect to John's mother she did lose her son, and has to listen to so many different stories, and right now due to the shooting her, land lord asked her to move out of the home where this took place. How would all of you like to lose a son and a home in just a couple of days. His mothers mentality is not very strong right now and she needs to hear some positive things about John. Please show respect to her. And I don't want to hear anything negative about her either.
pasteulio

Lexington, KY

#10 Oct 22, 2006
yeah i think all those diseases went to thier head
komit

Zanesville, OH

#11 Oct 31, 2006
sounds like a bunch of inbred shit to me
pasteulio

Lexington, KY

#12 Dec 13, 2006
i know the Gilbert family.
i used to play with little George when we were little.But i dont know whats wrong with the family,has to be somthing though.
i really dont know what to believe,when it comes to the actuall death of the man,John is it?
pasteulio

Lexington, KY

#13 Dec 13, 2006
dude.he may have,and may have not done anything.
but you dont need to go saying stuff like "inbred"
its a major stereo type,that dosent fit anyone i know.
trevor_moonbow

Cincinnati, OH

#14 Dec 14, 2006
Dear Hanging Rock Citizens,
I am searching for the Mayor of Hanging Rock, anyone know who he is? Pleae forward his name, phone number,fax number, and email address to [email protected]

Bless you all...and have a Merry Christmas!
Iowa

Bellevue, NE

#15 Jan 9, 2007
Regardless of what happened. The established facts are that George Gilbert shot and killed a man. The circumstances that led up to the shooting is the only question that should be considered. If he left and returned with the gun, then he's needs to serve out a for premeditated murder. If he did have the gun with him, and did not leave to obtain it, then his sentence should be a lesser degree. My understanding is that he did leave to obtain the weapon. Am I wrong?
Why do some people brag about who they have sex with? That just seems a little backwards to me. I'm originally from Carter county, and I am familar with the Gilbert family. However, I do not condone what happened. It truly was a waste of two lives. From what I gather both young men has had problems in their past, adjusting to society. Apparently, they both felt they had something to prove to themselves that night. Their lives are basically over, hopefully their families can be well.
Carolyn

Macon, GA

#16 Feb 10, 2007
I have to agree with you. John was my step-nephew and he did have problems. The Gilbert boy did leave and return with a gun that he suppose to have gotten from his aunt, but as you stated it is premediated. His life is gone as well.
Iowa wrote:
Regardless of what happened. The established facts are that George Gilbert shot and killed a man. The circumstances that led up to the shooting is the only question that should be considered. If he left and returned with the gun, then he's needs to serve out a for premeditated murder. If he did have the gun with him, and did not leave to obtain it, then his sentence should be a lesser degree. My understanding is that he did leave to obtain the weapon. Am I wrong?
Why do some people brag about who they have sex with? That just seems a little backwards to me. I'm originally from Carter county, and I am familar with the Gilbert family. However, I do not condone what happened. It truly was a waste of two lives. From what I gather both young men has had problems in their past, adjusting to society. Apparently, they both felt they had something to prove to themselves that night. Their lives are basically over, hopefully their families can be well.
pasteulio

Lexington, KY

#17 Feb 15, 2007
i heard some things about why little George did what he did. And i heard that he didn't do what everyone says he did. But that is just hearsay and noone should really believe anything they hear. So im going to put my faith in the jury and trust that they made the right deciscion. How much time did he get anyway?
kyburbon

AOL

#18 Jun 8, 2007
Have never heard of this incident. I used to live in Olive Hill and knew the Gilbert Family from Grahn. Is this the same one. Please send me any info. Thanks [email protected]
brandon k

Nicholson, GA

#20 Nov 20, 2008
george should stay in jail,that was so f**ker up what he did jon was one of my best friends and i miss him dearly,we also got in to some trouble togeather but that should not have happin to him or anyone els over a gurl............we miss u jon .........your boi b.m.k
bitch

Lexington, KY

#21 Dec 4, 2008
Jessica wrote:
I have know George most of my life. My dad knows alot of his family and they are very crazy. I think George should have been a man, but he was a pussy and had to shoot John. John had a little boy and George took that little boys daddy away from him. I think he should have to serve life in prison. Because he took Johns life. I know both of them and its bs what happened.
let me tell you something the reson george shot that peice of shit is because he was beating on girl and his kid he through the kid throuh a dam wall so john got what was comming to him he was a low life basderd for doing his on family like that george was only taking up for them and also john had a knife so who is the pussy. he just brought the wrong kind of weapon to the fight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olive Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local Politics Do you approve of Robin Webb as State Senator? (Jan '12) 1 hr Oak Tree 77
city employees drug tested 2 hr uncle joe 2
Local fortune tellers? 2 hr uncle joe 2
Another wreck 6 hr virgin 2
Still NO Olive Hil City Pool 6 hr possed 6
Black panthers 7 hr The wizArd 6
New Gas Station (Dec '16) Sat Who knows 49

Olive Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Olive Hill Mortgages