Michael

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2006

Has anyone heard about the mushroom mine project. I am a welder and someone told me that there is going to be alot of work there. Just wondering when or if the job is going to start. If anyone knew the name of the company that is going to do the construction or how to get ahold of them. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank You
someone that cares

Wayne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2006

hay i would not work there if i was you there is been a lot of deaths and other things that have happened there and i just wouldn't do it. it is satianist terriory!!!! BE SAFE if you do decided to work there!!!
Christy

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2006

Michael wrote:
Has anyone heard about the mushroom mine project. I am a welder and someone told me that there is going to be alot of work there. Just wondering when or if the job is going to start. If anyone knew the name of the company that is going to do the construction or how to get ahold of them. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank You
Michael, the name of the company that is developing the mines is Global Data. They name the project Stone Mountain Complex and are opening an office in downtown Olive Hill on Tom T.Hall Blvd. to start coordinating applications etc. Hope this helps.
Gregory Wilcox

Stilwell, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2006

Could someone tell me about the administrative jobs coming to Stone Moutain? I cannot find the website for this company.
brent owens

Copperas Cove, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2006

I am looking for a security job on this new stone mountain project site. I have four years in the military. Is it a federal job? Will i have to have a degree to possible get on there? etc...
brent_d_grahn

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2006

i own YES by the way my name is accutally brent grahn, the fourm is the grahns fourm and the guys name "brent owns" therefor i own every buddy, l-ick my balls
Carolyn

Whitesburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2006

Michael wrote:
Micheal,
THE CORRECT STONE MOUNTAIN WEB SITE ADDRESS IS WWW.GLOBALDATACORP.NET ,
Carolyn

Whitesburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2006

someone that cares wrote:
hay i would not work there if i was you there is been a lot of deaths and other things that have happened there and i just wouldn't do it. it is satianist terriory!!!! BE SAFE if you do decided to work there!!!
DEAR: SOMEONE THAT CARES,

THE ACTUAL DEATHS TOOK PLACE IN GRAYSON KY, NOT AT THE MUSHROOM MINES. THE BODIES WERE PLACED THERE BY THE MAN'S SON AND HIS GIRLFRIEND. I WORKED IN THE MUSHROOM MINES YEARS AGO AND HAD NO PROBLEM WITH THE AFTERLIFE WHATSOEVER.
AndyR

Wayne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2006

hey carolyn u said you worked in the mines I've been doing some survey work in the mines i've been taking pics and walking though the mushroom mines and also there is a back mine not atached to the mushroom mines, there seems to be a lot of water in the mines but it goes down pertty fast. i was wondering when it rain when you were working there did the mine get water in it and how much. i'm not from the area and it is hard to get the facts and fictions form the people i know in olive hill.
AndyR

Wayne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2006

Just for anyones information. Ive been in the mine for 4 days taken pictures i did get one picture that was werid it was a dark pic. with lights in it.they are unexplaid lights also you can see a face by the lights. i have showed it ariound to some friends in olive hill. although it is spokey i think there must be some explanation to it. but all joking aside the mines are very Dangerous and should not be enterd. if Anyone would like a down load of the pic let me know. like i said i am sure it could be explained
a neighbor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2006

my husband use to work there in those mines years ago he has rode 4 wheelerers and stuff through them never seen anything besides an alter we have heard there was satanic worship going on there i really don't think it was just a bunch of young people out for fun though one of our neighbors lives at the foot of that hill won't go back there after dark most people just used it to put their garbage in i'm glad somebody bought it they had talked once before of caving it in so nobody would go in it but it has been a hang out for a lot of young people not up to any good it dose give you the spooks when you get close to it
AndyR

Wayne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2006

in side the mine is a small lake i have to remove the water from the mine. if anyone could tell me when it rained some people told me the water came in the mined and the workers had to stand in the water. if this is ture how much water came in the mine and how did it drain. On its own or did they pump it out if anyone can answer this it would help me to come up with a game plan to remove all the water in they now. all coments are welcome thanks andy from olive hill
a neighbor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2006

the water has to be pumped out of it
a neighbor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2006

you probably need to find where the water is coming in there from and stop the sorce of it that way when it is empty you won't have that problem to deal with i would use a sump pump to drain the water first then take lights in that part and look it over to see where it is coming from it may be a natural vein of water coming in there whoever has to do it is in for a good work out good luck
alexandra

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2006

hey andyR...can you send that pic to me at abone@matthewbone.com?

I would appreciate it very much
alex
Sam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2006

AndyR would you care to email me a copy of any pic of the mines you have @ techno_sam_eagle1@yahoo.com.
Thanks
billy h olivehill ky

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2006

worked four years we pumped the water out with subpumps. yes when it rained the water ran in.
AndyR

Wayne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2006

Thanks for your replies on the mushroom mines, I really appreciated the feed back. Some of you asked for the picture with the lights in it. I have sent it to all who asked for it.
Just to let you know this picture is not messed with in any way. It was Taken with a fuji digital camera with a flash. We were all the way in the back of the mine. 3 guys with flash lights. They were the 10,0000 candle power type. All the pictures from the back of the cave didnít come out they were all black. Two pictures had lights the one I e-mail and another one that has a very faint light in it.
Just was wondering that such a big project in a small town you would think this site would get more inquires on it ( Just a thought ).
AndyR

Wayne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2006

When it rain did the water come from the top of the cave also. i know it came in though the back air shafts. we can work that out but i'm not sure how bad it comes in from the top ceiling of the cave. one other thing locals say there was a alter for church services in the mine one is this true ( i think it is ) and two the entrance on the left side of the block building the one up from rayburns store was the alter to the church on the left side of the cave or the right side. Some of the folks are saying were the stairs going up to the bathrooms that were on the left side of the mine is a alter but I have been on the top and could see the plumping. Could any one add any thing. If so I welcome any thing on the cave
AndyR

Wayne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2006

i sent the pics if you did not get them my e-mail is andrew_rose11@yahoo.com

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of104
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Olive Hill Discussions

Search the Olive Hill Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 49 min LMS 26,173
10 year reunion 4 hr WCHS Class of 06 reunion 1
please carter co. Don't re-elect 4 hr Karen 1
would Sherrif Casey pack up and move out of off... 5 hr Old Man 3
Chris Smith 7 hr really 3
Wonder who sign the list to let Danny Sparks ou... 14 hr caveman 12
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 15 hr NO NO 81,552
•••
•••