City Clerk Cheri James, caught in Ext...
Concerned Tax Payer

Broken Arrow, OK

#165 Dec 27, 2012
Nobody wrote:
Fact of the matter is people we have got a big utility problem, I think we can all agree, right. Just for example my mother n law lives in a three story home in Lexington and complains about paying a little over 100 a month for her utilities, now here is the reality of it. I live in a single wide 3 bedroom mobile home and my utility bill hasn't been under 400 a month for the last 3yrs. I'm not as highly educated as some of you on this forum claim to be, but that my friends is as plain as the nose on your face. Ive lived in Olive Hill all of my life and it has been steadily going down hill for years. I'm not much on talking about other or muck raking, what really makes me angry is to think that someone is abusing there position and taking advantage of the few good people that still live in Olive Hill, I never thought I would say this bit I have seriously considered packing my family up and just leaving my home because of the cost of living here and the overwhelming amount of BS that's coming from our public leaders. This is unbelievable little Olive Hill KY has made National Headlines again
I agree with you 100%
Kiddo222

Myrtle Beach, SC

#166 Jan 18, 2013
Is this the Cheri James that teaches school?
Rider

Rush, KY

#167 Jan 20, 2013
Kiddo222 wrote:
Is this the Cheri James that teaches school?
No, she not the one that teach school, she is the one that married a James, and they are the one that got Danny Sparks the mayor job, so what they going to do with Cheri now, since the AG come back state that it was a state violate to raise the utilities rate without a hearing.
According to the AG, Cheri and them had been charge the resident of Olive Hill 20%-25% more than they were suppose to.
So, wonder what going to happen with Cheri now? Or it all Danny Sparks idea.
Do you think Danny Sparks will be find guilty or not guilty, I believe he could be find guilty since he was cloase to the school ground, what you think?
glad

Nicholson, GA

#168 Feb 20, 2014
Cheri should be paying her dues like eveeyone else that breaks the law u
wake up

Lexington, KY

#169 Feb 26, 2014
questions wrote:
Will the customers who got defrauded out of their money, be getting their money back and how soon?
What about money that North East paid for utility bills, will there be charges filed for ripping off government money?
one things for sure you have to be in good with the James Raybornes and everyone that's in their circle Ive known them for years they always thought they were better than anyone else so are they hideing something how did Danny sparks afford Robin Webb as a lawyer for a year not only that he's coming up for shock probation goes to show us how messed up olive hills in criminal activities should be dealt with just like the rest no one's above the law not even political groups judge's or police officials
Olive Hill

Nicholasville, KY

#170 Mar 10, 2014
I be surprise if they do anything with those two.
It Danny still in jail or what.
Cheri ought be in there with him, don't you think so?
herb

Versailles, KY

#171 Apr 20, 2014
Cheri James is running Grandview Mannor @ Catlettsburg ky -time to watch your ass
What

Olive Hill, KY

#172 Apr 20, 2014
herb wrote:
Cheri James is running Grandview Mannor @ Catlettsburg ky -time to watch your ass
What do you mean by that? Who should watch?
Olive Hill

Nicholasville, KY

#173 Apr 20, 2014
I hear that Cheri is running the Kentucky Fried Chicken in Morehead, it that true?
Her trail is coming up on May 5, wonder what will happen?
By the time, Danny Sparks serve his 20 percent, wonder they will let him out, with Cheri on the line, Danny liable be in trouble again, and back in jail, what you think?
What

Olive Hill, KY

#175 Apr 24, 2014
Olive Hill wrote:
I hear that Cheri is running the Kentucky Fried Chicken in Morehead, it that true?
Her trail is coming up on May 5, wonder what will happen?
By the time, Danny Sparks serve his 20 percent, wonder they will let him out, with Cheri on the line, Danny liable be in trouble again, and back in jail, what you think?
There is no trial scheduled. What are you talking about?
SW-MP15

Ashland, KY

#176 May 9, 2014
Yea she also has been contracting out taking bids on work but not even looking at other bids just taking her people from Olive Hill to do the work at Grandview Manor.One of the ladies that works with her said she must be getting kick backs from them because the other bids were a lot lower and she said they are my people. Hmmmm They also have a crack head working there that hasnt even had a drug test but they laid off two other people that they said had to go fix the things he said nothing was wrong or redo tile jobs where the tile was coming right back up but they kept that crack head. Guess its no different than the other lady taking all that money from government then letting her take retirement after she stole money. Thats our great government huh?
Olive Hill

Lexington, KY

#177 May 20, 2014
Well, I state after the investigate is over by the state, then they will find that Cheri and Danny Sparks will be find fraud, what you think?
GasBuddy

Export, PA

#178 Jun 9, 2014
She already going to get fraud and other charges now can't wait. Not just from this either lol.
june bug

West Liberty, KY

#179 Jun 9, 2014
YOU people are dreaming for they will not do shit to her.YOU just wait and see.
ameade09

Catlettsburg, KY

#180 May 18, 2015
I am surprised at this. She was hired for the executive directors position at catlettsburg housing authority in catlettsburg ky. I hope that don't happen while she is in charge of two buildings. We had a director in there before her and she done the same thing.

United States

#181 May 21, 2015
Theright wrote:
A more concerning find in the spreadsheet is the city’s assertion that it did not change its residential rates during the month of May 2010, when the city was devastated by the first of two massive floods.
Bills obtained by the Journal-Times, however, indicate a massive spike in electric rates to residential customers during that month, jumping from $8 to $12.80 per 100-kilowatt hours – more than a 50 percent increase.
The AG also sought assurances that utility funds were being used specifically for utility purposes and that those funds were not being used to subsidize the city’s general fund.
Pay rate information provided to the Journal-Times, however, indicate that salaries for both the city clerk and the assistant city clerk are derived from the city’s utility operations, though both are city employees and not utility employees.
Further, a ledger for the utility checking accounts shows expenditures marked for miscellaneous items such as “Sam’s Club” as well as numerous checks made out to “City of Olive Hill” from
To the top

Morehead, KY

#182 May 25, 2015
Theright wrote:
A more concerning find in the spreadsheet is the city’s assertion that it did not change its residential rates during the month of May 2010, when the city was devastated by the first of two massive floods.
Bills obtained by the Journal-Times, however, indicate a massive spike in electric rates to residential customers during that month, jumping from $8 to $12.80 per 100-kilowatt hours – more than a 50 percent increase.
The AG also sought assurances that utility funds were being used specifically for utility purposes and that those funds were not being used to subsidize the city’s general fund.
Pay rate information provided to the Journal-Times, however, indicate that salaries for both the city clerk and the assistant city clerk are derived from the city’s utility operations, though both are city employees and not utility employees.
Further, a ledger for the utility checking accounts shows expenditures marked for miscellaneous items such as “Sam’s Club” as well as numerous checks made out to “City of Olive Hill” from
I was going to go to the top but i changed my mind. Eh i take it back........to the top!!!!!!!!!!take it to the top
white collar crime bitch

Grayson, KY

#185 May 29, 2015
GasBuddy wrote:
She already going to get fraud and other charges now can't wait. Not just from this either lol.
Amen to many thieves to protect her
crazy

United States

#186 May 30, 2015
I heard at walkers it happened because a guy named Mead was on counsel and he voted for a ordinance letting Cheri and Danny sparks to change peoples' electric bills without counsel voting. Then his wife got mad at him and sued city that he was elected in! How crazy is olive hill and its citizens!
LOL

Olive Hill, KY

#188 May 31, 2015
crazy wrote:
I heard at walkers it happened because a guy named Mead was on counsel and he voted for a ordinance letting Cheri and Danny sparks to change peoples' electric bills without counsel voting. Then his wife got mad at him and sued city that he was elected in! How crazy is olive hill and its citizens!
You really ARE crazy. Meade was not on council when Sparks was mayor. Further, it was Meade and his wife that discovered and reported to authorities that the electric prices were being illegally changed. And the lawsuit is ongoing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olive Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
chris conn (May '13) 2 hr CountryGirl 10
countryboy1 13 hr countryboy1 6
Who wants to be my sugar daddy? 15 hr jackand jill 2
overdose 15 hr curious 1
Red head that works evenings at BP I'm town Sat Aleigh 21
Jimmy Lewis 55 years old Oct 20 just me 2
Kiesha hedge Oct 20 friend 20

Olive Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance