City Clerk Cheri James, caught in Extensive fraud, Embezzlement. Utility Scam

Posted in the Olive Hill Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Theright

Richmond, KY

#1 Oct 28, 2012
A more concerning find in the spreadsheet is the city’s assertion that it did not change its residential rates during the month of May 2010, when the city was devastated by the first of two massive floods.
Bills obtained by the Journal-Times, however, indicate a massive spike in electric rates to residential customers during that month, jumping from $8 to $12.80 per 100-kilowatt hours – more than a 50 percent increase.
The AG also sought assurances that utility funds were being used specifically for utility purposes and that those funds were not being used to subsidize the city’s general fund.
Pay rate information provided to the Journal-Times, however, indicate that salaries for both the city clerk and the assistant city clerk are derived from the city’s utility operations, though both are city employees and not utility employees.
Further, a ledger for the utility checking accounts shows expenditures marked for miscellaneous items such as “Sam’s Club” as well as numerous checks made out to “City of Olive Hill” from
and

Grayson, KY

#2 Oct 28, 2012
And they will do nothing about it. Just as they keep hiring "their friends" to keep covering up things. People who were very qualified recently applied for the job as utility clerk and weren't even offered an interview. Instead a friend was hired who wasn't at all qualified. Letters to other applicants letting them know they weren't chosen were sent out as soon as their aps were recieved. Mine was postmarked same day I dropped it off.
gotit

Morehead, KY

#3 Oct 29, 2012
Hey as the old saying goes its not who you know its who you blow !
questions

Dahlonega, GA

#4 Oct 29, 2012
Will the customers who got defrauded out of their money, be getting their money back and how soon?

What about money that North East paid for utility bills, will there be charges filed for ripping off government money?
for real

Dahlonega, GA

#5 Oct 29, 2012
I am a topic troller! Probably about 90 percent of the info on here is not legit.I think most of us know that,or I certainally hope so. If,the allegations are true,and I believe the findings from the ag. Office is true, someone needs to be held accountable! I have worked within the city limits all my life and it is time that the employees of the city be held accountable for any and all wrongdoings.those that set the cost of city utilities should be railroaded out of olive hill. And also legalally charged with any and all wrongdoings. By increasing our utility rates,simply when they wanted has cost the people of o h severe pain. Lost jobs,low profits,and closing businesses in town because of such negligence. The mayor is the town leader, well after all that is what he was elected to do,he should publicly give a statement as to why this has happened! He should be released from his position immediately. And hope he too,is not charged for such negligence! The hard part is these individuals were supposed to be our friends! Thanks friend for taking jobs and closing down businesses that otherwise would have contributed to the development of our city! I don't want friends like that!any current councilman or women you should also be ashamed for allowing such negligence.anyone seeking re-election..........NO
Sherry

Henderson, KY

#6 Oct 30, 2012
With Frankfort involved now, all illegal activity will be exposed. If all of this is true, then Danny and Cheri deserves the upcoming sleepless nights. Are Danny and Cheri to young to forget the day the FBI came in and locked the doors on Peoples Bank? The powers that be, are much larger than Cheri and Danny.
Rider

Ashland, KY

#7 Oct 30, 2012
That would be nice the FBI would come in close the city hall building, and take Danny, and Cheri in custody.
I wouldn't believ until I see it, somethingshall be done about htat long time ago.
So, we just have to wait to see what happen.
Wonder who will get elected to the city council, I sure ain't vote for Lowe, and Harlow, they are for Cheri.
jim

Dahlonega, GA

#8 Oct 30, 2012
must be a reason the AG did'nt recomend crimnal crminal charges,the truth is we don't know all the facts just what the paper said.there will be more facts come out.i know in the past aep has over charged and they refund the money,so if there was no crimnal inteninons,(hopefuly)we can get the town back on the track. VOTE is the best way to start.
outoftowner

Russell, KY

#9 Oct 30, 2012
good thing Cheri built her house when she did.city workers were there working every day for almost a year.Plumbers,electicians and other workers.Looks like part of Linda Lowes grant money for the historical society might be going to help her daughter restore her home.
Concerned city taxpayer

Ashland, KY

#10 Oct 30, 2012
outoftowner wrote:
good thing Cheri built her house when she did.city workers were there working every day for almost a year.Plumbers,electicians and other workers.Looks like part of Linda Lowes grant money for the historical society might be going to help her daughter restore her home.
That wouldn't surprise me, you wouldn't believe how many time Ihad seen the city truck make trip to Eastwood Addition when she built the house, on Linda Lowe, that don't surprise me me one bit, she will bump everything she can get, she just like Mother, and you wouldn't believe the work they are doing on that house, and where they get the money, your guess is good as mine.
Robert

Henderson, KY

#11 Oct 30, 2012
If what you are saying is the truth, that is illegal. Look at Richie Farmer. He had his state employees building him a basketball court and working on his home. Look at him know. Farmer is being held accountable for his misuse of power. When it all comes down to it, no one is going to take the fall for Danny, Cheri,or any other people involved in misuse of power. Plumbers and Electrician have license to maintain, they are not going to loose their license lying for City Hall. If this is all true, may justice be served.
Betty

Morehead, KY

#12 Oct 30, 2012
outoftowner wrote:
Everyone is talking about this one. They may need to look into that I dont think they have kind of cash or credit for that matter.
INTERESTING!!!!!!!!!!
Theright

Richmond, KY

#13 Oct 30, 2012
for real wrote:
I am a topic troller! Probably about 90 percent of the info on here is not legit.I think most of us know that,or I certainally hope so. If,the allegations are true,and I believe the findings from the ag. Office is true, someone needs to be held accountable! I have worked within the city limits all my life and it is time that the employees of the city be held accountable for any and all wrongdoings.those that set the cost of city utilities should be railroaded out of olive hill. And also legalally charged with any and all wrongdoings. By increasing our utility rates,simply when they wanted has cost the people of o h severe pain. Lost jobs,low profits,and closing businesses in town because of such negligence. The mayor is the town leader, well after all that is what he was elected to do,he should publicly give a statement as to why this has happened! He should be released from his position immediately. And hope he too,is not charged for such negligence! The hard part is these individuals were supposed to be our friends! Thanks friend for taking jobs and closing down businesses that otherwise would have contributed to the development of our city! I don't want friends like that!any current councilman or women you should also be ashamed for allowing such negligence.anyone seeking re-election..........NO
WHAT I POSTED at the top are the findings from ... FROM A.G
customer

Morehead, KY

#14 Oct 31, 2012
Danny, Cheri , Angie and Derrick all need to be charged ! They are all in on this !
Theright

Richmond, KY

#15 Oct 31, 2012
journal-times.com/local/x1400196034/Olive-Hil... WHY WASNT THIS IN THIS WEEKS PAPER.. you can got to the grayson journal times online and find this..
joebub

Morehead, KY

#16 Oct 31, 2012
That is awesome, hopefully something comes of this !
Concerned Citizen

Richmond, KY

#17 Oct 31, 2012
Theright wrote:
journal-times.com/local/x14001 96034/Olive-Hill-AG-response-r aises-red-flags WHY WASNT THIS IN THIS WEEKS PAPER.. you can got to the grayson journal times online and find this..
Because it was in LAST week's paper!
Wow

Ironton, OH

#18 Oct 31, 2012
Maybe Cheri and her bunch will stop acting like they are better than everyone else!
citizen

Cleveland, GA

#19 Oct 31, 2012
No wonder the water lines are always breaking and haven't been properly maintained. The utility monies should go to repaying AEP for power, city utiliy employees, and to maintain the power lines, sewage and water systems. Utility funds shouldn't be siphoned off to pay overcompensated city clerks.
Marrianne

Morehead, KY

#20 Oct 31, 2012
Wow wrote:
Maybe Cheri and her bunch will stop acting like they are better than everyone else!
You got that right. That entire office always acted like they were above the law. You would NEVER hear of such actions by Rowan Water employees because, since they are a corporation, they are accountable to a board of directors who keep watch over them. With Danny Sparks in on the comspiracy, Cheri & bunch could do as they wanted. I still think Cheri has something on Danny that always made him go along with her on everything. Wonder how she'll keep up her standard of living with no income, let alone if she has to repay some. Of course, with her inflated salary she probably has her house paid off by now. If the state police came up with the amount Terri Cline Alderman had embezzeled down to the penny, the AG should be able to do the same with Cheri.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olive Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wellcare 2 hr wonderin 1
does anyone know doug wallace from goodan creek?? (Feb '14) 8 hr xoxoxo 11
Bradley Jan 22 Deep Throat 5
Bodies found in Mushroom Mines (Nov '06) Jan 22 inquiry mind 129
Rocky Kiser Jan 22 YOUR FREIND ALWAYS 1
I Need Help Jan 22 HELP 1
Who's the best singers and songwriters from Car... (Dec '09) Jan 22 doctor 20
Olive Hill Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web