Why don't most Children past 6th grad...

Why don't most Children past 6th grade like Kenny Binion?

Created by Just wondering on Jan 1, 2010

19 votes

Click on an option to vote

Call names

Was screamed at

mom

Lexington, KY

#1 Jan 2, 2010
who is Kenny Binion?
true

Grayson, KY

#2 Jan 2, 2010
Kennith Binion?
The Teacher, because hes an awful teacher and mean as hell. Preacher or not.
mom

Lexington, KY

#3 Jan 2, 2010
where does he teach?
Duh

Morehead, KY

#4 Jan 2, 2010
mom wrote:
where does he teach?
He teaches at the middle school, MATH
just saying

Morehead, KY

#5 Jan 2, 2010
He is kind of a person that if he and his do something, thats ok, but He don't want you to do it. He thinks His Kids are bad because they hung with your kids.
vigilante

Owensboro, KY

#6 Jan 2, 2010
Well it's obvious you deserved to be yelled at, we can tell from your grammar what a terrible student you must have been.
mom

Olive Hill, KY

#7 Jan 2, 2010
Really ? are you a parent? Is there any excuse for a teacher to yell at your child?
mom

Olive Hill, KY

#8 Jan 2, 2010
If this is true.IF????? Then shouldn't it be taken up with the school. If my child ever tells me his teacher yelled at him I would be there so quick it'd make your head spin.
Wake Up

Clarkesville, GA

#9 Jan 2, 2010
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
He teaches at the middle school, MATH
Duh, you need to wake up and be a little more currrent. Kenny Binion doesn't teach anywhere.....he is retired!
Mary

Grahn, KY

#10 Jan 2, 2010
he kicked my purse across the room because it was in his way. and he told my class that we were "deaf and dumb and that we would make it no where in life because we couldn't do freakin math"
mom

Olive Hill, KY

#11 Jan 2, 2010
did you tell your parents?
graduate

Morehead, KY

#12 Jan 2, 2010
I had Mr. Binion as a teacher, and it is clear to me that some immature brat started this. Sorry you couldn't pass 6th grade math, but that is no excuse for starting something this dumb. Grow up, kid. He was one of my favorite teachers, and I think I learned more in that class than in most of my other classes through grade school.
graduate

Morehead, KY

#13 Jan 2, 2010
If only there were more people like Mr. Binion in Olive Hill, maybe this town wouldn't be such a drugged out hole.
vigilante

Owensboro, KY

#14 Jan 3, 2010
Agreed. He didn't pander or kiss the kids a**, and expected you to be able to learn something. Trust me, there is a reason this man was upset. There are plenty of people in this town who think they are swell when really if they were to go back to the sixth grade now, would fail.
just saying

Morehead, KY

#15 Jan 3, 2010
mom wrote:
If this is true.IF????? Then shouldn't it be taken up with the school. If my child ever tells me his teacher yelled at him I would be there so quick it'd make your head spin.
It has several times already,but He can't have that much longer to teach.
passed the sixth grade

Wallingford, KY

#16 Jan 8, 2010
It is clear that all the people on here talking smack are the ones that got in trouble or who didn't pass. Look, that was your own fault. He was a great teacher and just because you were too focused on sending text messages, or drawing, or whatever you kids do these days in class, that is not his fault. His purpose there is to teach you guys. It is not to babysit. If you didn't pass, that was your own fault. Being in 6th grade, you should be mature enough to understand that at some point, you have to take responsibility for your actions. You can't be momma's little baby for the rest of your lives. Whoever started this thread should feel like an idiot, because that is what you are. An IDIOT!
Andy

Owensboro, KY

#17 Jan 8, 2010
Mr. Binion's wife is a hell of a lot better teacher than he would ever be. Look how smart their kids are, she homeschooled them, they refused to let their kids mingle in the likes of society. Smart family.
John

Ashland, KY

#18 Jan 9, 2010
Anyone that says Mr. Binion actually taught is kidding themselves. I will add in the caveat that he might have changed since I had him in class, it has been 9 years or so.

His "teaching" consisted of walking in the room and saying "Read the lesson, do the problems at the end of the chapter. If you have any questions read the book again." He refused to answer any legitimate questions, instead saying that we should read the book again.

He was more interested in playing favorites and talking to his favorite students than he was teaching the rest of the class. Anyone in my class will remember how all he could talk about or be bothered to talk to was Jessica Short.

By the way, I'm studying mechanical engineering now. I'm good at math...I'm not bashing him because I failed the class.
Hey

Dahlonega, GA

#19 Jan 16, 2010
His way or no way.........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olive Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leeann brown Kelly 1 hr Lol 10
Councilman Stapleton owns a trailer and DON't ... 7 hr taxpayer 1
bums 19 hr JJ 1
city Police Lowe on I64 20 hr gouger 5
Why isn't the City Pool Open 20 hr Heada 1
American Legion in Olive Hill 20 hr USA 5
Adam Houk Fri Wifey 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Olive Hill Mortgages