The dirt is gone from Backbone

The dirt is gone from Backbone

There are 10 comments on the Grayson Journal-Enquirer story from Oct 7, 2010, titled The dirt is gone from Backbone. In it, Grayson Journal-Enquirer reports that:

Oct. 7, 2010 - For five years Don Lykins has complained to the City of Olive Hill and anyone else that would listen that the "pile of dirt that the City of Olive Hill had left in Tygart was going to flood Olive Hill like it had never been flooded before". On May 2, 2010 downtown Olive Hill experienced record flooding.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Grayson Journal-Enquirer.

crazy as hell

Morehead, KY

#1 Oct 7, 2010
It seems like somebody should have listened to Donnie along time ago.People go on about all the things Donnie does wrong,what about the times he is right? He has always helped me and my husband out why not give him some credit.Good job Donnie keep up the good work!
give crdit where owed

Dahlonega, GA

#2 Oct 7, 2010
don lykins has once again come to the rescue of olive hill, it will never flood again
TRUTH

Morehead, KY

#3 Oct 7, 2010
i will remain nameless. but 8 years ago a month after a big flood in olive hill. i noticed that there were dump trucks and some city workers out there at devils backbone. and they were putting down large crates made of metal cage filled with large peices of rock. these things were square. and putting them in the creek and dumping dirt on top of them. i found that odd, it was almost like building a dam. i alerted donnie lykins of what was going on. i know for a fact that the city claimed over $40,000 in flood damage for thr rplacement of all the gas meters and electric meters, and they didnt replace any at all. also the city had a bunch of equipment from the fire house. that they claimed losses on hidden in the old firehouse in olive hill. at this time donnie lykins sold the city thier insurance. And after donnie sighned off on the damage for the city to get the check. the city dropped lykins insurance, and picked up owen's insurance. and it looked like to me they were damming up devilsbackbone to reflood agin...
Lykins Fix Backbone

Dahlonega, GA

#4 Oct 8, 2010
TRUTH wrote:
i will remain nameless. but 8 years ago a month after a big flood in olive hill. i noticed that there were dump trucks and some city workers out there at devils backbone. and they were putting down large crates made of metal cage filled with large peices of rock. these things were square. and putting them in the creek and dumping dirt on top of them. i found that odd, it was almost like building a dam. i alerted donnie lykins of what was going on. i know for a fact that the city claimed over $40,000 in flood damage for thr rplacement of all the gas meters and electric meters, and they didnt replace any at all. also the city had a bunch of equipment from the fire house. that they claimed losses on hidden in the old firehouse in olive hill. at this time donnie lykins sold the city thier insurance. And after donnie sighned off on the damage for the city to get the check. the city dropped lykins insurance, and picked up owen's insurance. and it looked like to me they were damming up devilsbackbone to reflood agin...
Donald fixed town. Him no's how to keep flood out of town. Him no's backbone is of the devil. Him got rid of that backbone too
former council member

Lebanon, KY

#5 Oct 8, 2010
TRUTH wrote:
You don't no squat, thats all bull crap that Donnie got started and if you can prove it, show it, because you can't. And as far as Donnie cleaning the Backbone, you must be blind, the City cleaned it out. And another thing the City did NOT dump anything in the Creek you dumb ass, and if you can prove that, lets go to court.
neighbor

Lebanon, KY

#6 Oct 8, 2010
Lykins Fix Backbone wrote:
<quoted text>
Donald fixed town. Him no's how to keep flood out of town. Him no's backbone is of the devil. Him got rid of that backbone too
Donnie's got his nose so far up the newspaper's lady ass its funny.Donnie didn't clean out anything in the Creek the City did. And if you beleive he did you're dummier then he is
Hey Neighbor

Morehead, KY

#7 Oct 8, 2010
I heard Donnie got the permits that the city delayed filing for after the flood. That is why the city is in the creek at Donnie's and cleaning off the banks behind the depot. In your comments you seem to have the inside scoop and much more intelligent than the other people that post on this site, so is there any truth that the city is using permits that Donnie acquired?
TRUTH

Morehead, KY

#8 Oct 8, 2010
former council member wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't no squat, thats all bull crap that Donnie got started and if you can prove it, show it, because you can't. And as far as Donnie cleaning the Backbone, you must be blind, the City cleaned it out. And another thing the City did NOT dump anything in the Creek you dumb ass, and if you can prove that, lets go to court.
you dont know your ass from a hole in the ground. timmathy sturgil was there when donnie sighned on the paper for a loss of approx $47,789. and as for court i dont care what happens to olive hill it can all keep flooding. but you need to know what your talking about before you insert foot!!!!!!
hero

Dahlonega, GA

#9 Oct 9, 2010
i beleive don's a hero,for cleaning backbone.
Olive Hill

Broken Arrow, OK

#10 Oct 10, 2010
TRUTH wrote:
I agree with you, Danny Sparks had that crap unload at the devil backbone so he can get his hand on the check from the governemnt, I am sure he share it Cheri James, so we need to get them out on election day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olive Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
w*ores of olivehill 1 hr Kayla Hall 31
Looking 7 hr Just curious 3
donnie callihan 16 hr Mae 3
Steve Lewis wreck 16 hr not sure 8
Local Politics Do you approve of Robin Webb as State Senator? (Jan '12) 16 hr JUST HELPING 67
A question for the men 21 hr Unknown 4
Carter County Drug Problem Wed TIM D 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Olive Hill Mortgages