Curious

Morehead, KY

#1 Apr 11, 2013
Who is this Joe Lewis guy that writes in the newspaper? Is he from around here? Word around town is that he's making a lot of people mad...
Secret Squirrel

Olive Hill, KY

#2 Apr 11, 2013
Curious wrote:
Who is this Joe Lewis guy that writes in the newspaper? Is he from around here? Word around town is that he's making a lot of people mad...
He's the writer with more talent and guts than anyone that has ever written for this paper. He's not afraid to tell it like it is, no sugar-coating... and he can't be bought by the bigwigs. That's who Joe Lewis is.
Mad Dog

Olive Hill, KY

#3 Apr 11, 2013
Curious wrote:
The only people he's making mad are those who have used and abused this town. If you get mad when the truth is printed about you, it's because you're ashamed of that truth coming out. When he writes a story, everything he prints is backed up by official documentation.
h2o cleaner

Dahlonega, GA

#4 Apr 19, 2013
Mad Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
The only people he's making mad are those who have used and abused this town. If you get mad when the truth is printed about you, it's because you're ashamed of that truth coming out. When he writes a story, everything he prints is backed up by official documentation.
no actually he only gets one side of the story and i guess he doesn't want to know the whole truth. i guess his stories would not get printed unless he can bad mouth someone he has never met or talked to. one sided
Mad Dog

Olive Hill, KY

#5 Apr 19, 2013
h2o cleaner wrote:
<quoted text>
no actually he only gets one side of the story and i guess he doesn't want to know the whole truth. i guess his stories would not get printed unless he can bad mouth someone he has never met or talked to. one sided
In the stories I've read, he seems to present both sides (assuming there ARE two sides). Some things are black-and-white... it either happened or it didn't. And he seems to always ask for quotes from the affected parties, and mostly they refuse. So, as another person said, the only people mad are the ones that don't want the truth told. Simple as that.
Concerned Citizen

Olive Hill, KY

#6 Apr 19, 2013
Wow, h20 cleaner! You sound like someone that's been reported on. Did you get caught at something and couldn't cover it up? This is the first time in decades that the local paper has been able to actually print the TRUTH.
Truth

Flatwoods, KY

#7 Apr 19, 2013
"Declined to comment" is reporting the other side.
h2o cleaner

Grayson, KY

#8 Apr 21, 2013
Concerned Citizen wrote:
Wow, h20 cleaner! You sound like someone that's been reported on. Did you get caught at something and couldn't cover it up? This is the first time in decades that the local paper has been able to actually print the TRUTH.
no,actually i didn't. the truth is i never got asked and i would gladly have told the truth. it amazes me how some people read one side of a story and automatically assume that it has to be fact. even if you don't understand what is being written or why. good reporting is when you have all the information together and let people read the whole story. that wouldn't cause as much of a stir though would it?
Concerned Citizen 2

Olive Hill, KY

#9 Apr 21, 2013
h2o cleaner wrote:
<quoted text>
no,actually i didn't. the truth is i never got asked and i would gladly have told the truth. it amazes me how some people read one side of a story and automatically assume that it has to be fact. even if you don't understand what is being written or why. good reporting is when you have all the information together and let people read the whole story. that wouldn't cause as much of a stir though would it?
Well, now that we all know who you are... he reported disciplinary action taken by the KY Division of Water and their stated reasons. Are you saying the State lied? For what purpose? A big conspiracy to frame a small-time local water plant operator? LOL
Mad Dog

Olive Hill, KY

#10 Apr 21, 2013
The Mayor should have told it when it happened, instead of covering it up. It's our business what happens to our water supply.
h2o cleaner

Grayson, KY

#11 Apr 22, 2013
Concerned Citizen 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, now that we all know who you are... he reported disciplinary action taken by the KY Division of Water and their stated reasons. Are you saying the State lied? For what purpose? A big coto
fa small-time local water plant operator? LOL
it was not a quality issue. it was a computer malfunction. there was no problem with the water. like i said when you don't know the facts you base your thoughts on what you read. that doesn't mean it is telling the entire story.
Concerned Citizen 2

Olive Hill, KY

#12 Apr 22, 2013
h2o cleaner wrote:
<quoted text>it was not a quality issue. it was a computer malfunction. there was no problem with the water. like i said when you don't know the facts you base your thoughts on what you read. that doesn't mean it is telling the entire story.
The documents say that the State found false reporting, not a computer malfunction. There is a distinct difference between the two. Anyone who wants to read all the documents, including your handwritten letter, can request them from the Division of Water. Give it up.
h2o cleaner

Grayson, KY

#13 Apr 23, 2013
Concerned Citizen 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
The documents say that the State found false reporting, not a computer malfunction. There is a distinct difference between the two. Anyone who wants to read all the documents, including your handwritten letter, can request them from the Division of Water. Give it up.
like i said you don't know what you are talking about. the "false reporting" was because they asked if there was a problem with monitoring. there was not. the computer did not record for a few days however, and i did not realize it was an issue until a few months later.
Well

Grayson, KY

#14 Apr 23, 2013
Interesting....
justafan

Owingsville, KY

#15 Jun 10, 2013
Well it seems like the only person that has a problem with Joe Lewis reporting the facts are the people who don't want the facts known. Seems like he's doing a pretty good job for this town. Seems like some people might want to find another place to hide their shady dealings.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olive Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
brittany 2 hr oops 4
Brickyard 4 hr Cash 31
The girl at savealot.. 5 hr Wondering 4
Cassie Workman Katie Price 9 hr Bigred 9
rattlesnake ridge tonight 10 hr countryboy1 1
olive hill businessess 10 hr countryboy1 1
Found Boxer Mix Fri Creed 1

Olive Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance