17-Year Old Attacked With Baseball Ba...

17-Year Old Attacked With Baseball Bat Clinging To Life

There are 78 comments on the WREG story from Oct 19, 2009, titled 17-Year Old Attacked With Baseball Bat Clinging To Life. In it, WREG reports that:

"I started hearing like a male voice screaming and going crazy. It stopped for a second and then the next thing we heard were tires squealing out." Meleiah Robbins can't believe what people say happened here.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WREG.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Praying for them

Memphis, TN

#61 Oct 21, 2009
I agree with hacksaw's comment about ABC.. Really.. The Jones/Jordan had every intention on injuring someone... Maybe they didn't "plan" on killing him... but they obviously changed "plans" when they got there. That many hits to the head can only mean one thing, intention to kill.
BRITTANY

United States

#62 Oct 21, 2009
No the boys in jail are not the only ones that wanted to fight. My brother was a 17 year old boy that did know he was going out there to fight. But I do know that the detective has gotten every bit of truth out of these boys and those boys hit my brother over and over in the head after he was already out. Then as they were walking away one went back and gave him one good lick in the head. Vince has no bruises anywhere else they aimed at his head..when 3 guys aim at someones head and bash there head over and over after there already passed out, they wanted to kill him...then they took my little brothers wallet out of his back pocket. Then went to the store and bought a cigar...??? These boys are animals NOONE in there right mind could beat someone like that and take a there wallet and use that one dollar and go buy a cigar with it...No my brother is not perfect he did go out there to fight but not to get killed or kill anyone else...I hope all of those boys rot in prison. If they can do something like this then they do not need to be on the streets....THESE BOYS DID NOT EVEN NO MY BROHTER..THEY HAD CONFRONTATION WITH ANOTHER BOY. MY BROTHER WAS CALLED OUT THERE TO HEPL. YOU DONT NEED TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT MY MOTHER OR HER PARENTING SKILLS YOU HAVE IDEA WHO WE ARE SO STOP SAYING THINGS UNLESS YOU HAVE FACTS DOWN.
ABC wrote:
I pray that the kid(s) in the hospital recover and continue to live healthy lives... They are in my prayers....
BUT people don't be ignorant to the fact that the boys in jail were not the only ones in the fight. All the boys are at fault. They met to fight and that's what they got. Kids fight everyday, people get hurt and no one intends to injure someone.This is kids being kids.
The guy that beat Vince, which WAS NOT all three boys, should be charged more serious but this is ridiculous for someone to want these kids to spend their life in prison over a teen fight. Vince showed up with the intent to fight just like the guys in jail.... People realize that!
Also, Parents... you want to say that the dad is a bad dad... maybe he isn't the best. BUT let me point this out..When i was 17 i wasn't aloud to be out at 2am... These boys were out past curfew... PARENTS, why were your boys out so late? Did you know they were going to fight? Why were they drinking under age? So some people could assume you are bad parents for these reasons BUT you can't control everything your child does. You have to let them make there own mistakes.... it doesn't make you a bad parent for these reasons!!!
BRITTANY

United States

#63 Oct 21, 2009
im VINCES SISTER AND VINCE WAS NOT THE TARGET AT FIRST..HE DID NOT EVEN NO THESE BOYS. MY BROTHER WAS BROUGHT OUT THERE TO HELP A FRIEND
different story wrote:
The news at 5 said the investigation is revealing another whole side to this story. Seems Vince wasnt the target after all. Dont jump to conclusions folks until the whole story is revealed.
BRITTANY

United States

#64 Oct 21, 2009
Im just going to let everyone know what happend the truth...

My brother worked in a haunted house right when him and his friend got off work at about 12 they went to meet these boys. His friend im not going to mention a name but he is the one that was getting text messages. My brother does not even have a phone. So my brother wants to go help his friend fight. A coupl of more friends meet them out there. So they get out there its dark and my brohter really cant see. So he starts walking out towards the woods and a boy comes up and hits him in the head so his friend runs down there to help and he said on his way down there they hit my brother many times in the head. He gets down there and trys to start pulling my brother away from the guys and then he gets hit in the head. From there I dont know the rest except my brothers other friend that was there carried him to hospital. I got there as fast as I could and walked back there to see my bubba. He was laying there and I said vince and he opened those blue eyes and looked right at me. Thats the last time I have seen those blue eyes early sunday morning. I pray I see them again soon. These boys that did this did try to kill my brother. We have talked to detectives and the boys have told everything. HOw many times they hit him in the head there saying 7 or 8. And when they decided to stop and walk away one went back for one last lick....does that not sound like he was trying to kill my brohter making sure he was dead??? They are going to spend the rest of there life in prison...My family will make sure of this...

The ppl like ABC that seem to think they know everything like how my brother and his friends were drinking??? He just got off work ABC did not have any alchohol in his system when he got to hospital...So please stop acting like you no you stuff and my family bc you dont no anything!!
Lewisburg Parent

Olive Branch, MS

#65 Oct 21, 2009
Thanks Brittany for shedding some light on the story. It's obvious you and your brother come from a good family and I applaud you on sticking up for your family. I'm not the kind to wish harm on anyone, but the boys who did this deserve to have the same thing done to them that they dished out - an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, let the punishment fit the crime. I live right down the road from where this happened and we don't need/want this kind of scum in our neighborhood. Until now, this has been considered a safe place to live and raise a family. My son goes to Lewisburg High and told me that he actually had some trouble out of the 15-year-old Jones boy a few years ago when they were in PE together. It's so hard to believe that someone the same age as my son is capable of doing something as cold-hearted and evil as this. My prayers are with you and your family.
shc

United States

#66 Oct 21, 2009
ABC wrote:
I pray that the kid(s) in the hospital recover and continue to live healthy lives... They are in my prayers....
BUT people don't be ignorant to the fact that the boys in jail were not the only ones in the fight. All the boys are at fault. They met to fight and that's what they got. Kids fight everyday, people get hurt and no one intends to injure someone.This is kids being kids.
The guy that beat Vince, which WAS NOT all three boys, should be charged more serious but this is ridiculous for someone to want these kids to spend their life in prison over a teen fight. Vince showed up with the intent to fight just like the guys in jail.... People realize that!
Also, Parents... you want to say that the dad is a bad dad... maybe he isn't the best. BUT let me point this out..When i was 17 i wasn't aloud to be out at 2am... These boys were out past curfew... PARENTS, why were your boys out so late? Did you know they were going to fight? Why were they drinking under age? So some people could assume you are bad parents for these reasons BUT you can't control everything your child does. You have to let them make there own mistakes.... it doesn't make you a bad parent for these reasons!!!
you are as insane as the people who hurt vince.
it doesnt matter if kids were out after curfew what matters is them boys are fighting for their lives.i dont know if you have kids but you should know not to say stuff like this.either way if kids wanna be out they will,and it doesnt matter why it happened or where or when it happened those people shouldnt have used bats!!!!!!!!!!and its not the parents fault.im sure vince is about eighteen with NO curfew.
shc

United States

#67 Oct 21, 2009
any kid these days would fight anyone to back their friends up.its nothing to do with parenting and the eggers family is amazing and not only is vince suffering but so is his family.people stop the non-sense.its all about the prayers and the people standing by those boys and them all making it with no after problems.their in gods hands.
Team Vince

Millington, TN

#68 Oct 22, 2009
Maybe you should'nt try to state "facts" about something you have no clue about!!! Most of your points....not even close to the actual facts! Yeah your right kids fight everyday and maybe they don't intend to injur but when you take a baseball bat to a kids head and you swing it more than once or twice...YOUR NOT TRYING TO HURT THEM, YOUR TRYING TO KILL THEM!!!! You'r a freaking idiot! Funny you didn't mention how they were approach by the bat swinging idiots or that maybe they were out so late is because they were working.....If you don't know the facts, then shut your mouth!!!
ABC wrote:
Team Vince

Millington, TN

#69 Oct 22, 2009
No he wasn't!
lewisburg loves vince wrote:
oh and actually, vince was the target. unless you know what you are talking about don't say it. our school would know more than any of you.
Badbird

Olive Branch, MS

#70 Oct 22, 2009
There has been a trust fund set up for the Eggers family at community bank in desoto county.
alv

United States

#71 Oct 22, 2009
okay listen here i am sorry for the spelling but you must of got what it ment all that is important is that thr boys are okay!
Leslie-family member

Brea, CA

#72 Oct 26, 2009
Sad that when you type a comment and reference anything bad about the News that reported this, it becomes non-existent.
Again, my prayers to Vince and Larry.
Team Vince

Millington, TN

#73 Oct 26, 2009
What's sad is when the News doesn't report the facts right. There's alot of stuff that has been reported that isn't true!
friend

United States

#75 Oct 28, 2009
Personally, I believe everyone was at fault for this. The boys shouldnt have been doing this in the first place it was VERY immature. I pray for both families because everybody loses something here.
VINCEYS SISTER

United States

#77 Jan 6, 2010
SO glad my brother is doing good and these guys are still in jail and are going to pay for what they did!!

“Just Brew It !!!”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#78 Apr 19, 2010
A 16 year old negro kill a 14 year old white kid at a base ball game with a base ball bat a few years ago in Palmdale never heard much about it. I'll bet if it was the white kid that killed the negro we would never hear the end of it.
Sarah dixon

United States

#79 Aug 2, 2010
I love you vinceyyy :) I hope they get what they deserve! I'm praying <3
Sarah Smith

Davis, CA

#80 Aug 3, 2010
I went to school with Larry & I am friends with Vince sister & girlfriend . I hope the boy or who ever did this pays
like really he tried to murder them and i think he needs life with no chance of getting out. & his dad should
pay as well. we love yall & glad that yall are doing so much better. Now i hope this stops kids from fighting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olive Branch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Teen Crime Soars (May '06) Mon Norbert of Norview 3
Dr. Michael zanone Sun WsL 1
live Aug 25 crisy 1
News Republican presidential hopeful makes stop in M... Aug 25 Liberty 12
Poll Are The Southaven Police Too Rude?? (Jan '08) Aug 21 Dropouts 327
where is the willetts? Aug 18 truthfully now 1
News Ted Cruz to release bundler names Aug 13 Le Jimbo 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Olive Branch Mortgages