body found in olean
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
curious george

United States

#1 Jul 12, 2008
has anyone heard any details about a dead body found in a field near walmart on friday july 11?
Curios Also

Buffalo, NY

#2 Jul 13, 2008
yeah my family is wondering the same thing....does anyone have answers to this or other murders heard about in this area???
local girl

Buffalo, NY

#3 Jul 14, 2008
I heard he died from natural causes. Thats all so far.
autumn

Utica, NY

#4 Jul 14, 2008
I actually heard from a reputable source that there was a body in the wooded area by wal mart and one behing the kmart building also? makes you wonder if they are true because you would think we would have heard something more on the news or somewhere?
Meg

Buffalo, NY

#5 Jul 14, 2008
My husband called me from work and said the the body was found in the dumpster at Tim Horton's. Buy I have yet to hear anything else on this
Olean Reader

Utica, NY

#6 Jul 14, 2008
The Olean Times Herald reported today that the body was found in a small wooded area between Walmart and Tim Horton's. There was a wallet with him and they are trying to match the ID. The article said they believe it might be a homeless person, and his car was found in the Walmart parking lot.
would like to know more

Buffalo, NY

#7 Jul 14, 2008
i have heard so many different stories on bodies found in the area it kinda creepy and i would like to actually know more on these things. they should let the community know if something is going on and not keep it quite. i wish someone who cared about our community would actually investagate into all of this and if they was more than one body found please let us know and not keep it a secret...remember olean is a small town and things do get around fast.
Claire Voyance

Jackson, MI

#8 Jul 15, 2008
Keep in mind that Olean is the gossip capital of the world and so many stories get messed up between all the gossip hounds. Case in point, all of the different stories posted on here about what they "heard."

There was no body found in a dumpster. As somebody who already stated, it was in the wooded area between Horton's and WalMart. Yes, the person's car was also parked nearby. That is true.

The body may have been there for a few weeks or even a month.

There is NO Serial Killer on the loose in Olean. There are No bodies being found daily spread throughout the city. Chalk it up to natural causes or self inflicted. Relax people...nothing to see here.

And yes, although my ID shows Reston, VA, I am tuned into the right people who know.
Olean Reader

Utica, NY

#9 Jul 15, 2008
Claire Voyance wrote:
Keep in mind that Olean is the gossip capital of the world and so many stories get messed up between all the gossip hounds. Case in point, all of the different stories posted on here about what they "heard."
There was no body found in a dumpster. As somebody who already stated, it was in the wooded area between Horton's and WalMart. Yes, the person's car was also parked nearby. That is true.
The body may have been there for a few weeks or even a month.
There is NO Serial Killer on the loose in Olean. There are No bodies being found daily spread throughout the city. Chalk it up to natural causes or self inflicted. Relax people...nothing to see here.
And yes, although my ID shows Reston, VA, I am tuned into the right people who know.
Kind of rare for a homeless person to have a car, isn't it? Just wondering....
Claire Voyance

Jackson, MI

#10 Jul 16, 2008
Actually, there are a lot of homeless people who live in their car. I'm not saying that the guy on the corner that you're probably thinking about has a car, but sometimes people down on their luck can't make the house payment.
William Wilson

Lewiston, ME

#11 Jul 16, 2008
Police looking into death

By John T. Eberth
Olean Times Herald

ALLEGANY - Detectives from the Cattaraugus County Sheriff’s Office are trying to determine how a man whose body was found in woods near Wal-Mart Plaza Friday died.

A father and son walking in a small patch of woods between Wal-Mart and Tim Horton’s found the body Friday around 4 p.m.

Sheriff Dennis John said a wallet was found on the body that corresponds to a man missing from the Utica area for nearly a month.

“We found a wallet on him but we’re waiting for dental records to get a positive ID because he had been there a while,” Sheriff John said.

The man’s body was decomposing in the woods. An autopsy performed Saturday at the Erie County Medical Center found no signs of trauma.

“It’s either going to be natural causes or a suicide,” Sheriff John said.

Because investigators believe the death may be a suicide, they did not release information about the man.

“It’s a possible suicide and we don’t release information about suicides,” he said.

Sheriff John said investigators have contacted family members of the man whose identification was found in the wallet.

“We talked to his brother,” Sheriff John said.“He was a drifter and had some mental issues.”

No one reported the man missing, he said.

“He would go missing for three to four months and then return” to Utica, Sheriff John said.

He said he’s uncertain when the dental identification will be complete.

Capt. Robert J. Yehl said the Erie County Medical Examiner’s Office was unable to give even a preliminary cause of death due to the lack of signs of trauma and the advanced decomposition of the body.

“The won’t know until the toxicology comes back and that could take a couple weeks,” he said.

He said detectives are searching for dental records for the “drifter” from Utica they believe is the man found in the woods.

“We can’t even give you a name until we have the dental records and we’re still trying to find them,” he said.

The man had apparently been homeless for some time. Sheriff John said after the man’s body was discovered, police found his car in the Wal-Mart parking lot.

http://www.oleantimesherald.com/articles/2008...
mary ellen

Homosassa, FL

#12 Jul 17, 2008
Claire Voyance wrote:
Actually, there are a lot of homeless people who live in their car. I'm not saying that the guy on the corner that you're probably thinking about has a car, but sometimes people down on their luck can't make the house payment.
he was not homeless he owned a paid for car and had money he had some mental problems,his house was also paid for! HE WAS MY BABY BROTHER11111
Claire Voyance

Jackson, MI

#13 Jul 21, 2008
Mary Ellen, I'm sorry for your loss.

As I stated above, most people here the word homeless and automatically conjure up an image of some bum on the sidewalk asking for change. Rather, there are different degrees to being homeless. You do have the bums but you also have other people with certain financial means but chose to "drift" around. Sometimes these people do have mental problems, sometimes they just like being free.

The article above stated he was a "drifter." I was just commenting to "Olean Reader" that there are homeless people who do in fact live in their car.

If I offended you or your family in any way, I apologize. Emotion and sincerity aren't easily conveyed online. I appreciate you setting the record straight about your brother. May he rest in peace.
mary ellen

Homosassa, FL

#14 Jul 25, 2008
thank you CLAIRE Iwould also want people he had the same job for 32 years and helped me take care of our parents till they died
Ashley

Salt Lake City, UT

#15 Nov 22, 2008
Hey guys...
i got some serious questions that need some serious answers.
I keep seeing things in my dreams and within a few months of that dream something of the same catagory for that dream it happens.

Does this mean i have some pyshic ability that i'm not aware of?
And
If you can help me in anyway please email me.
Baseballbabe1003@yahoo.com
Please and thank you.
LOL

United States

#16 Nov 23, 2008
i cant even begin to imagine what that has to do with this topic. i would guess that it is time to stop chewing on lead paint chips
Oleao

Little Valley, NY

#17 Dec 8, 2008
It was a man fro mthe wellsville area who died of natural causes...according to local newspapers his family said he often moved fro mplace to place
Troy

Buffalo, NY

#18 Jan 13, 2009
What about the woman's body found on chipmonk road in the fall and also a week after they found her, Ben Shields of Chipmonk road died and now I am hearing rumors that something strange happened to him. I heard that his girlfriend Carol Olechovski and her Boyfriend may have done something to him, but what about the girl, I wonder if she knew Ben Shields and could these deaths all be connected? Any ideas?
Marlin

Oakville, Canada

#19 Mar 21, 2009
I was wondering the same thing, was anyone charged in Bens death yet?
The young girl who supposedly died of natural causes, wasnt she missing for awhile and then found in a barn at her own residence? Very peculiar that they died so close together and that a girl of that age would die of natural causes.
Troy

Buffalo, NY

#20 Mar 21, 2009
As far as I know, no one has been charged in Bens death yet, seems because of his age the police do not want to investigate it too much, there is still a lot of suspicion there, from what I hear the family is not giving up and have hired their own private investigator to work on the case.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olean Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ski resort double murder-1978 (Nov '08) 6 hr truth 7,373
reggie Tue lol 3
Local drug dealers (Nov '12) Tue Breaking Bad News... 108
Girl at olean mall wit bootey shorts Tue Stick n move 1
Why won't OPD do anything about Katie Marie Wil... May 25 Duh 3
News Jamestown, Olean among worst for poverty (Aug '10) May 22 the wiseman 70
Crystal Weber (Sep '12) May 19 NOSEY 11
More from around the web

Olean People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE