CRC

Olean, NY

#22 Jul 13, 2012
My boyfriend adopted a dog from the SPCA and Kelly Chaffee is who he dealt with. She is a monster. She's rude and thinks she is the Animal Queen. She made him wait 3 hours to get the dog and required 5 references. Another couple there waited over 4 hours for the dog they were adopting because this witch told them that the underground fence they had was "inhumane". Really? Well how humane is it to leave animals in an over flowing filthy shelter? She has some nerve acting superior when her ass just got arrested for DWI.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#23 Jul 16, 2012
Call Joyful Rescues - don't waste your time on the SPCA.
me to

East Aurora, NY

#24 Jul 19, 2012
CRC wrote:
My boyfriend adopted a dog from the SPCA and Kelly Chaffee is who he dealt with. She is a monster. She's rude and thinks she is the Animal Queen. She made him wait 3 hours to get the dog and required 5 references. Another couple there waited over 4 hours for the dog they were adopting because this witch told them that the underground fence they had was "inhumane". Really? Well how humane is it to leave animals in an over flowing filthy shelter? She has some nerve acting superior when her ass just got arrested for DWI.
Wow,,,,,,,, I worked there like some time ago and am a Medical Assistant Was loking for work so i applied. She hired me, i took the job and after 2 weeks of being put down, name calling etc. I never went back. How dare she treat others like that, well i hope she Hangs now!!!!
LovesAllAnimals

United States

#25 Aug 8, 2012
The SPCA in Cattaraugus County deals with over 2000 animals a year - so sometimes they do have to turn away animals, not because they want to, but because there is no room for them. If you think its a horrible place, maybe instead of complaining about it, do the right thing and go and volunteer, help out, change some of the things you don't like. I am in Erie County and called the Erie County SPCA because of some stray cats and they told me they can't take them, I should call Cattaraugus County SPCA. So when I was ready to volunteer, that's where I went, to the Cattaraugus County SPCA. Yes there are issues, but no matter what shelter you go to, there are always issues, and instead of complaining about them, I decided to help out. So my advice, if you don't like something, and you have the ability to change it then you should, if you don't, then don't talk about a place that is home to over 2000 animals throughout the year. Also there are over 75 dogs there now - the good ones don't go to her kennel, the scared ones go there, the ones that have a hard time dealing with all the other animals go there, and there are only 10 up at her kennel. Now if they had more volunteers to walk the dogs - they could become more socialized and get out of their kennels more - that would be a big help. Do you know how to do repairs - they could use the help - do you know how to clean - they are always cleaning - and no matter what - they could still use more people to come down and help. It's not about that ONE person - its all about the animals! Besides we would love to have more volunteers - I am a volunteer - I am there to make a difference.
Rhonda W

Olean, NY

#26 Aug 26, 2012
me to wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow,,,,,,,, I worked there like some time ago and am a Medical Assistant Was loking for work so i applied. She hired me, i took the job and after 2 weeks of being put down, name calling etc. I never went back. How dare she treat others like that, well i hope she Hangs now!!!!
I also worked there a time ago and even then, the $$ was more important than the animals!!!! K.C. has been been doing whatever she pleases for so long I guess she just got too comfortable. Time to pay the piper.

the SPCA belongs to the animals - didn't anyone ever explain that to her and her cronies?
Rhonda W

Olean, NY

#27 Aug 26, 2012
Can you say misappropriation of funds? Noone would donate money to the SPCA so Board members could borrow it. In the meantime, the animals suffer. Just not enough money for them and their needs!!!

What about the forged rabbie certificates? Only an idiot would think that was okay. I'm a little curious about something; where did the SPCA get them and the rabbie vaccine? Lets get all the forged certificates together and see just how many there are and how far back this goes!
WutUp

Buffalo, NY

#28 Aug 28, 2012
Don't the Chinee eat those? Problem solved
CC and T

Medina, OH

#29 Aug 30, 2012
Wow, we had some of these same problems 5 years ago. We wanted to adopt 2 cats or kittens. Spent months visiting the Olean SPCA, we filled out the appropriate papers, thought we had that all in order. A mother cat was still nursing 4 kittens, we were told we could have 2. When the time came we went there for them, we were told NO you can't have those. So we requested them to call if 2 kittens came in,,Oh NO we don't call people. So by chance we called on a Saturday and some kittens were on there way. We arrived in time, but found out none of our references were called (this was after going there and dealing with them for months), so spent hours there waiting for them to call and find someone (3?) home on a Saturday morning. Finally, but then the vaccine/neutering certificate they gave us were expired, they said that's okay, they'll take them anyway. Well the Vet did, but the issuing place did not. SPCA said that's not their problem. Very thankful for our Vet for figuring that all out and hopefully not sucking up that cost.
truth

United States

#30 Sep 6, 2012
Please go on youtube and look up spca olean. Yea it's a 17 min long video, but watch it. I have sent an email to WIVB with a link to it. Kelly's daughter claims she spent $8,000 on her own personal dog. Where did she get that money? She and her husband I can guarantee they didn't pay it!
phc

Endicott, NY

#31 Sep 7, 2012
Why did Kelly bring to NYS all of the pitbulls that were running around Florida after Hurricane Katrina?
The dog control in Florida wanted to euthanize these dogs for fear they were mean and trained to fight. These are all of the pitbulls in CCSPCA, and donated money supports her decision to do this. She brought them back in vans.
phc

Endicott, NY

#32 Sep 7, 2012
Isn't it illegal to take ccspca funds for personal use? Why is she supposedly borrowing money from the CCSPCA? She bought properties that were sold for delinquent taxes. Did she repay the CCSPCA? If so who was in charge of loaning her the money? Seems like she should get fired for this move.
Rhonda W

Olean, NY

#33 Sep 8, 2012
If anyone is interested in the Catt. Co. SPCA they should check out the Niagara Falls Reporter - Sept. 4 - Sept. 12, 2012 ( www.niagarafallsreporter.com ) and the article in the Olean Times Herald dated Sept. 5, 2012
truth

Sebastopol, CA

#34 Sep 8, 2012
OleanGurl wrote:
Call Joyful Rescues - don't waste your time on the SPCA.
She is just as bad and very rude. All she wants are pure breds so she can adopt them out at ridiculous prices.
teepee

Olean, NY

#35 Sep 9, 2012
Yeah, the girl at Joyful Rescues isn't very nice either. Had to deal with her once. She thinks she knows more than the vet who told me the age of a dog I fostered and brought to her. She insisted the vet was wrong.
estiemae

Buffalo, NY

#36 Sep 11, 2012
The rabies certificates were signed in front of the vet, with his permission, for over 4 years, while working in the spay/ neuter clinic. before you criticize, CHECK YOUR FACTS!!! joyful rescues stoled a dog from my friends and lied about its story on line and refused to return said animal. Check it out... she was fired from cc spca years ago.
wouldn't you be rude and grumpy if all you did was try to raise funds to make payroll, bills, food for pets and get criticized no matter what you did? especially if you aren't getting paid. Kelly has done it for YEARS! And how about all the money??? Catt county legislatures dropped the money from their budget and no one stepped up to speak for the spca... and if it closes who's going to take care of the animal cruelty cases? who's going to pick up the dogs hit by cars? the cows and horses who are starving? the dog standing on ice floating down the river? ANY OF YOU WILLING TO VOLUNTEER TO DO IT< FOR FREE???? i didn't think so.
estiemae

Buffalo, NY

#37 Sep 11, 2012
not all from katrina were pitbulls. they brought them back to help find their owners and reunite them. those who weren't reunited were put up for adoption. They made several trips. and i saw the video of their rescues. what an amazing thing they did! GET YOUR INFORMATION CORRECT!!!
truth

Salamanca, NY

#38 Sep 12, 2012
Both Kelly and her daughter are disgusting slobs. Where did her daughter get the $8,000 to pay for her dogs surgery? I guarantee she didn't pay for it. Then come to find out the dog died anyway. That money could have helped countless other animals in need. I know a lot more than I care to about Kelly's misappropriation of funds.
steve

Olean, NY

#39 Sep 13, 2012
why do those trying to help the animals use thier own names and those for ccspca don't? They also have documents and videos proving thier allogations and the ccspca people make stories with no proof to back them up? I think this is odd, don't anyone else????
truth

Salamanca, NY

#40 Sep 16, 2012
Why are Kelly's daughter and soninlaw stalking the reporters page? How and why are they getting her friends personal numbers and harassing them? Where did her daughter get $8,000 to pay for her dogs surgery? Why is the CCSPCA paying for their personal cell phones? Where have all the donations of money, furniture, etc gone?
crashed

Salamanca, NY

#41 Sep 19, 2012
I like cats crow's not so much

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olean Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cheaters and homewreckers (Sep '14) 5 hr Tvr 18
Danielle Lafferty (Aug '15) Sun DLav 12
Gary Coleman Sun HopeHeGetsRaped 2
Getting what he deserves Sun Fake as fu k 8
Supreme Auto is a joke (Mar '13) Sun Fake as fu k 13
Scott, it's Judy Sat Got caught oh my 3
Informants (Apr '15) Apr 30 Shaggy2dope 31
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Olean Mortgages