First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Dr B

Salamanca, NY

#1 May 11, 2011
Just a warning, Olean SPCA has animals with parvovirus up for adoption right now. This is fatal to young dogs. They wont tell you because it is not in their best interest but it is a fact.
Animal lover

Reston, VA

#2 May 14, 2011
This is probably true at any given time, if you are from the area you already know this. That place has a terrible reputation!

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#3 May 20, 2011
this is terrible!
barton

Hendersonville, TN

#4 Jan 1, 2012
You all can Suck the dogs then. Olean SPCA does the best they can.
Figures

Dallas, TX

#5 Jan 2, 2012
barton wrote:
You all can Suck the dogs then. Olean SPCA does the best they can.
Well its obvious you work there because you have the same attitude as 90% of them!
AHB

Olean, NY

#6 Feb 3, 2012
Is it just me or do other people think the lady who runs that place is unhelpful and rude?
Hooger

Boynton Beach, FL

#7 Feb 3, 2012
She is a rude disrespectful woman. I heard they are shutting that place down for all sorts of violations. They give ASPCA a bad name.
Fred Barnes

Schenectady, NY

#8 Feb 3, 2012
Does the public know that all good adoptable dogs are taken to her private kennel. And when there is a showing at the mall she brings them from there.! All the others are left as trash.

Concerned
Martian

Salamanca, NY

#9 Feb 3, 2012
thats right, there is raw human septic coming up in the drains of some of the dog kennels, they dont wash water dishes they are growing green fungus, the woman up there says she dont turn animals away but she does all the time and tells you to take the cat and put it back where u found it and hopefully it will find a home or run away.
AHB

United States

#10 Feb 3, 2012
I am currently having to go to court because of her. I found three abandoned cats next door, left behind by their mother. I ended up taking them in and cleaned them up and cared for them until they were healthy. I took them to the spca and told her my story. She said and I quote "we cannot take them, your going to have to put them back where you found them", appalled by this I sat in my car thinking of a way to give these cats a chance because I apparently wasn't getting help from her. she said she'd give me a call when she found them an adoptive family. so theyd have to sit in a garage while it was starting to get cold out with no food or water until she was ready. Which i know she would have never called. I ended up taking them to a business and waited for them to see them so they could call the spca and they'd have no choice but to take them in. I have been charged with abandonment now and have been in and out of court for 5months. no wonder why people drop animals off anywhere. But trying to do the right thing gets you no where. I am ashamed and embarrassed of catt co spca.
AHB

United States

#11 Feb 3, 2012
AHB wrote:
I am currently having to go to court because of her. I found three abandoned cats next door, left behind by their mother. I ended up taking them in and cleaned them up and cared for them until they were healthy. I took them to the spca and told her my story. She said and I quote "we cannot take them, your going to have to put them back where you found them", appalled by this I sat in my car thinking of a way to give these cats a chance because I apparently wasn't getting help from her. she said she'd give me a call when she found them an adoptive family. so theyd have to sit in a garage while it was starting to get cold out with no food or water until she was ready. Which i know she would have never called. I ended up taking them to a business and waited for them to see them so they could call the spca and they'd have no choice but to take them in. I have been charged with abandonment now and have been in and out of court for 5months. no wonder why people drop animals off anywhere. But trying to do the right thing gets you no where. I am ashamed and embarrassed of catt co spca.
I would have kept them but my dog is enough work himself, I couldn't leave them in that abandoned garage next door though. Anyone know what her name is?
Martian

Salamanca, NY

#12 Feb 3, 2012
AHB wrote:
I am currently having to go to court because of her. I found three abandoned cats next door, left behind by their mother. I ended up taking them in and cleaned them up and cared for them until they were healthy. I took them to the spca and told her my story. She said and I quote "we cannot take them, your going to have to put them back where you found them", appalled by this I sat in my car thinking of a way to give these cats a chance because I apparently wasn't getting help from her. she said she'd give me a call when she found them an adoptive family. so theyd have to sit in a garage while it was starting to get cold out with no food or water until she was ready. Which i know she would have never called. I ended up taking them to a business and waited for them to see them so they could call the spca and they'd have no choice but to take them in. I have been charged with abandonment now and have been in and out of court for 5months. no wonder why people drop animals off anywhere. But trying to do the right thing gets you no where. I am ashamed and embarrassed of catt co spca.
Thats the same answer a friend of mine got from her at the SPCA
martian

Salamanca, NY

#13 Feb 5, 2012
AHB wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have kept them but my dog is enough work himself, I couldn't leave them in that abandoned garage next door though. Anyone know what her name is?
Kelly Chaffee
AHB

United States

#14 Feb 6, 2012
I was wondering if you'd be willing to make a statement or have your friend make a statement officially for an attempt to get these abandoned animals the attention they need..
martian

Salamanca, NY

#15 Feb 7, 2012
absolutely
martian

Salamanca, NY

#16 Feb 7, 2012
my friend already had a letter to the editor published last year in oth
Tony Sabatino

Olean, NY

#18 Jun 6, 2012
AHB wrote:
Is it just me or do other people think the lady who runs that place is unhelpful and rude?
They are very rude and make you feel like they are doing you a favor. It was easier to borrow $100,000 for my home than it is to adopt a kitten.
Me To

East Aurora, NY

#19 Jun 12, 2012
Tony Sabatino wrote:
<quoted text> They are very rude and make you feel like they are doing you a favor. It was easier to borrow $100,000 for my home than it is to adopt a kitten.
Exactly!!!!!!!!!! Me To..........
I was turned down because i did not have a Vet refrence in the last 5 years.......... Well you dumb asses i havent had a pet in 7 years, what the hell did you want me to do go in my yard and round up frogs and have them VET CHECKED??????????

** Can You Say STUPID!!!!!
Wolfxxheart

Olean, NY

#20 Jun 15, 2012
AHB wrote:
I am currently having to go to court because of her. I found three abandoned cats next door, left behind by their mother. I ended up taking them in and cleaned them up and cared for them until they were healthy. I took them to the spca and told her my story. She said and I quote "we cannot take them, your going to have to put them back where you found them", appalled by this I sat in my car thinking of a way to give these cats a chance because I apparently wasn't getting help from her. she said she'd give me a call when she found them an adoptive family. so theyd have to sit in a garage while it was starting to get cold out with no food or water until she was ready. Which i know she would have never called. I ended up taking them to a business and waited for them to see them so they could call the spca and they'd have no choice but to take them in. I have been charged with abandonment now and have been in and out of court for 5months. no wonder why people drop animals off anywhere. But trying to do the right thing gets you no where. I am ashamed and embarrassed of catt co spca.
Me and my gf are going through a similar problem. We found a cat abandoned an starving as a kitten and took her in. We nursed her back to health, deflead her and dewormed her but we can't keep her. She's a great cat and loveable we just cant afford to ge her fixed and our landlord is only allowing us to keep the one cat so we're trying to find someone to take her an when we tried to go there the same lady was completely rude and told us we're stuck with her. When we told her our landlord doesn't want us with 2 cats he told us to find somewhere else to live or be homeless. If any of you guys happen to know a good place where I can take her e-mail me please because I'm never setting foot in that wretche place again. Wolfxxheart@gmail.com
holy cats

Jamestown, NY

#21 Jun 20, 2012
Cat population is way out of control and its terribly difficult to find a shelter anywhere in Western New York to take one in.
Also Kelly Chaffee is a terrible slumlord in Olean as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olean Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
murder at overlook (Aug '14) 9 hr helsinki 92
Poochie Maull Mon Bubba 58
CAReS (Council on Addiction and Recovery Services) (Jun '14) Feb 18 tubber71 35
Josehine ( Cottone) Despard Missing since 1984 (Feb '09) Feb 15 Jes Nemo 151
rays hair (Mar '12) Feb 12 Der Dee 26
ski resort double murder-1978 (Nov '08) Feb 7 Ed m 7,861
Pedophyl Feb 5 Claire Voyance 3

Olean Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Olean Mortgages