ski resort double murder-1978
Janey

Fredonia, NY

#6993 Sep 3, 2012
Bumping up for Michael and Stephen.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#6994 Sep 3, 2012
There was a small dog that started hanging around Ski Wing late in the Fall of 1977. She was named Headwall by some of the employees. Headwall would normally eat at the control room of the chair lift and was most always around to ride with Mike while he was grooming slopes. When the boys were killed Headwall went missing and was not seen again. I can't stop thinking Headwall may have been with boys when they entered the building. Thykol and Freddie Mac,(or any other Wing enployees), do you remember Headwall?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#6995 Sep 6, 2012
I do remember a dog Insider, but I didnt know the story behind it, nor did I realize it went missing after the crime. Your thinking that Headwall was with the guys at the time is a likely scenario. Do you think this TOPIX site will ever pick up steam again like it had in the past? Is there anything you can think of that we can do to generate more interest here?

Location hidden

#6996 Sep 7, 2012
Thykol wrote:
I do remember a dog Insider, but I didnt know the story behind it, nor did I realize it went missing after the crime. Your thinking that Headwall was with the guys at the time is a likely scenario. Do you think this TOPIX site will ever pick up steam again like it had in the past? Is there anything you can think of that we can do to generate more interest here?
If someone could convince the person/persons that only judge the posts rather than give a reason why they judge the way they do that would no doubt help generate interest again. By the way, thanks for responding Thykol...
Nuff Said

United States

#6997 Sep 8, 2012
Bumping up for Headwall.
OUT OF TOWN

Mastic, NY

#6998 Sep 30, 2012
Janey wrote:
Bumping up for Michael and Stephen.
i am new to this but have been reading for days. Is there any way to see composite sketch now? I remember this murder and heard alot of rumors back then.
Pongo

Olean, NY

#6999 Oct 16, 2012
I think it's very weird that a few weeks ago this whole area was a buzz about a imminent arrest being made and now like this thread it has all dried up to nothing. Every few years this happens. I wonder who gets these so called rumors going? Some people that I have been talking to about this(who seemed to have had some insight to the event) don't want to be bothered about it no more. They say it's never going to be solved so we need to move on and let it be. The only thing I have been able to gather lately is that LE is 90% sure they know who did this but can not prove it.I always said that one day it would be solved but now I'm not so sure.Like it's been said many times before that unless one of the perps talks on their death beds this crime they will take to their graves.
squeedums

Olean, NY

#7000 Oct 17, 2012
gwenny wrote:
looking, you would think family would want justice, just cant find anything..
there is one sister that still lives in the area, I think, named Michelle oh and Kevin also who takes care of his lovely ill wife. very dedicated, Roger the other brother lives in Hawaii and I talk to him often. I always called his dad Mr. Forness. I will ask him if his dad's name was thomas. Everyone has moved on with their lives. very trying lives. Roger a brother lost a son a couple years to an auto accident and is very religious. My son got into an accident a couple weeks ago and survived w/ a broken neck, not paralyzed and not dead. Roger got right back to me on it and said he was very lucky and God was with him. I do feel really bad for the family but the issues they deal with every day keep them very busy, just taking care with the loved ones that are still here. no one forgets Mike especially me. He let me drive his Corvett as soon as I got my drivers license at 16 yrs of age. He was handsome as they all were and kind hearted and fun. I will cherish the memories forever as his family will too. These are dangerous people we are talking about and have lawyers that the normal Joe could never afford. chances are slim to none of ever getting anywhere until someone talks. probably on their death bed just to think they may go to heaven. wonder if it works that way. for God to forgive in an instant for such a serious crime. hope not.
Candy Apple

Wellsville, NY

#7001 Oct 23, 2012
Pongo wrote:
I think it's very weird that a few weeks ago this whole area was a buzz about a imminent arrest being made and now like this thread it has all dried up to nothing. Every few years this happens. I wonder who gets these so called rumors going? Some people that I have been talking to about this(who seemed to have had some insight to the event) don't want to be bothered about it no more. They say it's never going to be solved so we need to move on and let it be. The only thing I have been able to gather lately is that LE is 90% sure they know who did this but can not prove it.I always said that one day it would be solved but now I'm not so sure.Like it's been said many times before that unless one of the perps talks on their death beds this crime they will take to their graves.
I only come back once in awhile. Every time I post a few times I start getting harrasing calls from investigators until I stop. That might be some of it. I do not think this will be solved.

Location hidden

#7002 Oct 23, 2012
Candy Apple wrote:
<quoted text>
I only come back once in awhile. Every time I post a few times I start getting harrasing calls from investigators until I stop. That might be some of it. I do not think this will be solved.
There's no way the readers of this forum are gonna let you stop there on that comment? First off, your screen name does not look all that familiar. Secondly, what investigators? Last, what kind of harassing comments were used toward you.

If you wanted to get this board fired up again, you might just succeed. But sounds like total BS to me...
squeedums

Olean, NY

#7003 Oct 23, 2012
jaylay wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no way the readers of this forum are gonna let you stop there on that comment? First off, your screen name does not look all that familiar. Secondly, what investigators? Last, what kind of harassing comments were used toward you.
If you wanted to get this board fired up again, you might just succeed. But sounds like total BS to me...
agreed. who do you think you are Candy, and how do investigators know who you are. I don't believe you for a minute. this is no joke, innocent people died stupidly for shits and giggles from some spoiled rotton guys getting off on doing these sorts of things. They are still around and I so wish someone could man up and tell on each other. would love to see justice for the families! Wish I knew more . Back then, I braved a date w/ a suspect and he made me walk in winter from way out in the boonies because I tried to get him to admit that he took part in it. he could have killed me too. just kicked me out of his Jeep. I was much younger and braver than I am now. way before I had my 2 boys and a family that I so cherish. keep working people. I am keeping faith in you do gooders! thank you all for your sincere concern.
Candy Apple

Wellsville, NY

#7004 Oct 23, 2012
squeedums wrote:
<quoted text>agreed. who do you think you are Candy, and how do investigators know who you are. I don't believe you for a minute. this is no joke, innocent people died stupidly for shits and giggles from some spoiled rotton guys getting off on doing these sorts of things. They are still around and I so wish someone could man up and tell on each other. would love to see justice for the families! Wish I knew more . Back then, I braved a date w/ a suspect and he made me walk in winter from way out in the boonies because I tried to get him to admit that he took part in it. he could have killed me too. just kicked me out of his Jeep. I was much younger and braver than I am now. way before I had my 2 boys and a family that I so cherish. keep working people. I am keeping faith in you do gooders! thank you all for your sincere concern.
Dont Judge Me. I'm sure you both have your own skeletons. I would love for these cases to be solved. I just know how the local scene works. No one harassed me on here but yes I have got calls. I dont have to prove it to you. I Probably will tomorrow now...lol I am not anybody and wasn't even born then but apparently I said some thing that made some one think.
Candy Apple

Wellsville, NY

#7005 Oct 23, 2012
jaylay wrote:
<quoted text>
I just did. You wont actually hear any input from me any more. Just my opinion that if this inst taken from the same people who havent even been able to solve it and who have harassed families for years, then I think we are out of luck.
Candy Apple

Wellsville, NY

#7006 Oct 23, 2012
Squee whatever and Jaylay , After both of your simple minded comments it made me realize that maybe you don't know this forum is watched?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#7007 Oct 23, 2012
Candy Apple most of us know that LE does read the posting in here every once in awhile. A lot of us have been contacted by LE in the past and recently (last few months).But until now I have never heard that any one was harassed about the comments they have left in this thread.LE has asked some not to post in here and others to curb some of their remarks they might make in the future, but none were harassed.
steve

United States

#7008 Oct 24, 2012
Candy Apple wrote:
Squee whatever and Jaylay , After both of your simple minded comments it made me realize that maybe you don't know this forum is watched?
Can you enlighten some of us newer readers as to what some of your prior posts were about, and which ones seemed to cause a ruckus as far as LE is concerned?

Location hidden

#7009 Oct 24, 2012
Looks like I have to start paying attention again....

Welcome back Hokies.

Location hidden

#7010 Oct 24, 2012
i M solo esta al acecho !!

Location hidden

#7011 Oct 24, 2012
vt41607hokies wrote:
i M solo esta al acecho !!
y paciencia!

Location hidden

#7012 Oct 24, 2012
algun dia alguien va a hablar

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olean Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Statistics Show Criminals..... 32 min Ihadityesterday 3
Try-A-Guy Wank-Ho Talking Brazyyyy.... 33 min Ihadityesterday 6
who is Jennifer from 7-11. looked good to me Sun Ihadityesterday 3
olean high school Sun GrammarHasDied 3
Informants Sun Snitches 14
Katie Marie Willis Sun Snitches 2
k*ll your local heroin dealer Sat SmackKills 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Olean Mortgages