Tampa-area woman finds 8-foot alligat...

Tampa-area woman finds 8-foot alligator in her kitchen

There are 188 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Apr 22, 2008, titled Tampa-area woman finds 8-foot alligator in her kitchen. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

This alligator made himself at home in Pinellas County. Authorities say 69-year-old Sandra Frosti of Oldsmar found the 8-foot long alligator in her kitchen late Monday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Typical

Orlando, FL

#191 Jun 2, 2008
Glasnos wrote:
Blah, blah, blah...
FORTY ONE REGISTERED SEX OFFENDERS IN PORT ORANGE, FLORIDA!

http://www.city-data.com/so/so-Port-Orange-Fl...

How do and your "grandchildren toddlers" sleep at night?

BOO!
gw fourmyle

Melbourne, FL

#192 Jun 2, 2008
well, when i was a kid, we rode 'gatos thru a blizzard to a one room school-house'---but really, when i was 1st moved to this bleeping swamp, from Aiken, S.C., we had a moldy shack on Lake Echols, N. Tampa, and a 10' gator in his/her 'wallow' out back.
he kept eating dogs,'exotic ducks' of a neighbor, so the fish/game folk shot it. no more gators. when my parents went nutz, divorced, i was the main food source of my abandoned bother and i. back then, N. Tampa was full of very-dumb bass, and i would nightly wade out thru the lilly-pads and catch one 5- 10 lb bass after another---kept us fed. then, due to Fla. police-of-motor-scooter harassment i left w/wife, 1 son for Cal, in '67, never to return 'till '98---i went to all my old 'honey-spots, only to find them a jungle, and gators a'plenty---no more 'just wade in'--now, best be in a boat.
but for those who miss 'the-old-days'? best surf for 'gator-blood' as a potential cure for many lethal diseases---we need to protect many things, which now seem a danger---who would guess a gator may save your life vs. HIV, e coli, cancer etc.---
in 40 years things change, but the idea of protecting seeming pests, well, there is a reason---so i stick to surf-casting for snook, and no longer just 'wade-in' from shore--don't like being shark-bait either, but i'll get a few 30lb+ snook, redfish---they may not be easy 'sitting-ducks', as Fla. bass---but then, neither am i for 'whatever'---protecting endangered 'pests' makes sense.
gw fourmyle

Melbourne, FL

#193 Jun 2, 2008
Typical wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if you're an uneducated moron like Glasnos. Personally, I'm hoping that she really isn't a typical yankee. Do us a favor and take her back with you when you go.
As for danger, my family and I swim, fish, water-ski and jet-ski in the nearby lake. We rarely see gators and those we do see keep their distance. This woman is an insane moron who has some kind of vendetta against the lowly reptile. She probably soiled her pants when she saw the "Gator Jumperoo" at Gatorland and the resulting humiliation has tainted her viewpoint since then.
yeah, would new yorkers just stay there! yet gators, as bull sharks, have become a problem for the ignorant--if only they had 'yankee-radar' to rid us of the real pest.
Glasnos

Apopka, FL

#194 Jun 3, 2008
TWEEDY wrote:
<quoted text>If stupid people didn't feed them, and if we quit building,and ruining their environment, we would be okay. BTW, when you moved to the house on the pond, you knew alligators lived in water, right?
I'd be perfectly willing to return the original land we stole from the gator ... Tear down Miami and return it to swamp land, and send all the people back to where they came from. Why don't you work on that project?
change agent

Columbia, SC

#195 Jun 3, 2008
Glasnos wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd be perfectly willing to return the original land we stole from the gator ... Tear down Miami and return it to swamp land, and send all the people back to where they came from. Why don't you work on that project?
start with yourself since you are perfectly willing to give the land back. you know, if you really walk your talk... be the change you want to see in others. so, since you suggested it - get going.
Glasnos

Apopka, FL

#196 Jun 3, 2008
change agent wrote:
<quoted text>
start with yourself since you are perfectly willing to give the land back. you know, if you really walk your talk... be the change you want to see in others. so, since you suggested it - get going.
Miami was the first swamp drained to make way for people. It should be the first returned to its original natural condition for the ecological enjoyment of its orignal inhabitants ... the gators and snakes and mosquitos. I mean ... had our enviornmental rules been in force then ... they would not have allowed this destruction of "wetland"
change agent

Columbia, SC

#197 Jun 3, 2008
Glasnos wrote:
<quoted text>
Miami was the first swamp drained to make way for people. It should be the first returned to its original natural condition for the ecological enjoyment of its orignal inhabitants ... the gators and snakes and mosquitos. I mean ... had our enviornmental rules been in force then ... they would not have allowed this destruction of "wetland"
i would love to see the kissimmee river, lake okeechobee and the everglades returned to their natural pristine condition. i don't care how many humans are displaced in the process

i canoe the everglades in the winter months and love to camp at one of the keys that make up10,000 islands faceing the gulf of mexico. just me, the gators, raccoons, herons, spoonbills, egrets and wood storks.
Typical

Orlando, FL

#198 Jun 3, 2008
Glasnos wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think Port Orange was always high and dry? LMFAO! Before you and your ilk filled it with trailers, it, too was a swamp!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oldsmar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
So Long Wed Tony 1
Onyums (Nov '14) Jul 26 anonymous 45
10 Yard Drop Off Trailer (Feb '09) Jul 25 droptrailers 3
Jackie lakus Jul 19 troubled person 2
Beaver is a Party God Jul 15 show dem tittiez 1
News Hopes soaring for Friends of Largo Nature Parks Jul 14 greatneck 1
News Clearwater Beach Honored Again as a Top Beach (Mar '13) Jul 13 WAR COMES HOME 46

Oldsmar Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oldsmar Mortgages