Tampa-area woman finds 8-foot alligator in her kitchen

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

This alligator made himself at home in Pinellas County. Authorities say 69-year-old Sandra Frosti of Oldsmar found the 8-foot long alligator in her kitchen late Monday night.
Comments
1 - 20 of 188 Comments Last updated Jun 3, 2008
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Chester DeGrasse

Melbourne, FL

#2 Apr 22, 2008
A close one!
Dudbert_Toilet Bowl GA

Palm Bay, FL

#3 Apr 22, 2008
Pudbert_Savannah GA wrote:
What's for dinner..?
Ah, more BITING commentary from the Dudman...
Glasnos

Clearwater, FL

#4 Apr 22, 2008
damn enviornmentalist liars. They purposely miscounted the alligators .. putting them on the endangered list ... and it is taking more than a decade to slowly remove them from that list. How many people will be attacked, and how many people and pets killed before they start allowing open season again? They need to confine the alligators to the everglades.
Pachacutec

Fort Collins, CO

#5 Apr 22, 2008
An alligator in the kitchen? Whew, bet she keeps her door closed after this! Thank goodness no one was hurt.
Kong_

Saint Petersburg, FL

#6 Apr 22, 2008
Pudbert_Savannah GA wrote:
What's for dinner..?
No..."WHO's for dinner?"
~~~~~~~~~~

Ma Frosti: "PA! A damn gator got hisself in the kitchen agin!"

Pa Frosti: "GATOR??!?! Them's good eatin!"
darwin

Hilton Head Island, SC

#7 Apr 22, 2008
that would be kind of odd... getting eaten alive in your own kitchen.
Kong_

Saint Petersburg, FL

#8 Apr 22, 2008
Glasnos wrote:
damn enviornmentalist liars. They purposely miscounted the alligators .. putting them on the endangered list ... and it is taking more than a decade to slowly remove them from that list. How many people will be attacked, and how many people and pets killed before they start allowing open season again? They need to confine the alligators to the everglades.
......geeze! Speaking of needing to be CONFINED! Lighten up!
DDR

Lake Mary, FL

#9 Apr 22, 2008
Environmentalists counting have nothing to do with this. It is people infringing on the animals' habitats and then shocked when they encounter them. The animal is probably dead now, so no worries Glasnos!
linn

Marion, IA

#11 Apr 22, 2008
I have heard and learned where ever there is water there is gator in Florida, but in kitchens.
Dr Hook

Winter Garden, FL

#12 Apr 22, 2008
Poor gator, I bet they killed it. I feel sorry the little fella
Southwest Orange

Boston, MA

#13 Apr 22, 2008
Glasnos wrote:
Confined to the everglades ?

This is Florida...what rock did you crawl out from under?
Glasnos

Clearwater, FL

#14 Apr 22, 2008
DDR wrote:
Environmentalists counting have nothing to do with this. It is people infringing on the animals' habitats and then shocked when they encounter them. The animal is probably dead now, so no worries Glasnos!
Such BS! The alligator was at no time endangered... and they knew it.
They are doing the same thing with the forida bear, which is showing up in back yards, and causing accidents on our interstate highways. Dumb A$$ animal rights people are getting people injured and killed.
Boz

Orlando, FL

#15 Apr 22, 2008
The gator had a cut from a broken dish? It's so obvious! That explains the whole thing.

He was looking for ***Gator-aid!***

~~~~~~~~~

Okay, okay.... stop throwing tomatoes.
Kong_

Saint Petersburg, FL

#16 Apr 22, 2008
Glasnos wrote:
<quoted text>
They are doing the same thing with the forida bear, which is showing up in back yards, and causing accidents on our interstate highways. Dumb A$$ animal rights people are getting people injured and killed.
Glasnos.....let me guess: You're a transplant from "up north", correct?
-Sick of it All-

Cary, NC

#17 Apr 22, 2008
Glasnos wrote:
<quoted text>
Florida is becoming overdeveloped, and the wildlife environments are being taken over by humans...the animals have no place to go. Personally, I would rather have the bears and gators living in this state than idiots like you.
E Vey

Longwood, FL

#18 Apr 22, 2008
Glasnos wrote:
<quoted text>
Skipping school today to get your jollies riling people up?
Brad

Cullman, AL

#20 Apr 22, 2008
At least it wasn't an 8 foot hood rat!
Lisa

Winter Park, FL

#21 Apr 22, 2008
Does she live near a lake? I never understand why anyone wants to live near a lake with all these gators around.

Lisa
Glasnos

Clearwater, FL

#22 Apr 22, 2008
Annmarie Campbell lived in Tennessee, but she grew up in central Florida, and she had vacationed before in the rustic two-bedroom cabin on a creek in Florida's Ocala National Forest. Two weeks ago, she was there again with a few members of her extended family. That Sunday the aspiring artist, 23, slipped into the water to snorkel her way back to the cabin. A few minutes later, her former stepfather's wife Jackie Barrett left the sandbar where they had been sunning themselves and followed Campbell. The young woman was nowhere to be found. Barrett grabbed a kayak and paddled downstream in search of her. No luck. So Barrett headed back toward the cabin--to find her husband Mark and a family friend frantically gouging at the eyes of an 11 1/2-ft. alligator and prying at its jaws, firmly clamped on Campbell's upper body. By the time the creature finally let go, it was too late. Campbell was dead, with massive head trauma and lungs filled with water.
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9...
Florida had seen just 17 confirmed fatal alligator attacks in the previous 58 years. In less than a week, there appears to have been three.

The bodies of two women were found Sunday some 130 miles apart.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/05/15/ap/...

As far as I'm concerned you idiots and the animal rights crazies are complicit in the murder of these people.
1,000,000 alligators are not worth ONE of these people!

I hope you lay awake and think about that tonight.

King Kracker

Daytona Beach, FL

#23 Apr 22, 2008
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Glasnos.....let me guess: You're a transplant from "up north", correct?
Being a "transplant from up north " has nothing to do with this! THis guy is just an idiot. I grew up with a forest for my back yard, Maine, encountered many moose on the weekends along with black bear.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oldsmar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lori Watkins Shooting??? 6 hr Worried Family Me... 1
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) 12 hr AWAKE 2,125
Generosity Company Thrift Store Aug 30 Mark W 1
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) Aug 29 Sur 13 Beat 2,959
Lawsuit Alleges Illegal Debt Collection Practic... (May '07) Aug 28 LLCheever 309
I Shall Believe Aug 26 guest 2
Clearwater Beach Honored Again as a Top Beach (Mar '13) Aug 26 zionism is racism 37
•••
•••
Oldsmar Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Oldsmar Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Oldsmar People Search