Vehicle Excise Taxes
Everett

Rumney, NH

#1 Apr 11, 2008
Hmmm - seems like all the smokescreens in the air aren't from grassfires. Help me with this..

A BDN article on July 27, 2006 discusses a dismissal from the Town of Milford office staff after a clerk allegedly altered her own, as well as her son's excise taxes on a vehicle. Less than a year later, the newly hired financal manager discusses replacing much of the Town's financial software to one more to her liking.

Now we move to today. A case is being made in the Times that (a) meets the financial manager's (now Town Manager) goals, and (b) might serve as a soapbox for a potential suit against the town by the former clerk (now Selectperson).

If all excise taxes are based on the window sticker since 2001 and are required by law to printed on the vehicle title, how can the staff screw it up? The excise tax rate for vehicle older than 2001 is at the rate of $4.00 per $1000 value, so if you disagreed on your value of a 2002 or older car by $700 it amounts to $2.80

This sound like a lot of baloney is being run up the flagpole. I have my doubts that any significant amount of errors exist in the first place. Perhaps the residents of Milford should take the time for a much closer look and decide for themselves if they are being cheated, and by whom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Old Town Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
JustAnswer.com is a SCAM (Jan '12) 9 hr cmarsh268 47
The Bangor Daily News Sucks! (Jun '12) Jul 28 Sherwin 14
Douche named Hippie (Jul '15) Jul 18 Mrs Brandy Luv 10
News Will Maine's 'Never Trump' delegates make noise... Jul 17 longtail 1
Bangor Maine Sucks (Nov '11) Jul 6 Trunketeer 332
snapping turtle (Sep '13) Sep '13 Beth 1
News 12th person arrested in Bangor bath salts consp... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Clean Up Old Town 1

Old Town Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Old Town Mortgages