Search for Relative
Joetta Berry

Gulf Shores, AL

#1 Nov 10, 2011
I am seeking any information on a long ago (1940s) resident of Old Town, Me. He was my biological father that I never knew. He and my mom were separated when she was pregnant with me after his wife and son and daughter from Germany arrived. i am told he was a German citizen, wounded and treated by US military during WWII and brought to the US. He was considerably older than my mother and barely spoke English. He left Pensacola, Fl., and settled in Old Town with his family and owned a lumber mill. If my information is correct, I have 2 older half siblings and possibly relatives still in that area. I wrote to the town clerk some years ago with a $50 check enclosed and asked that someone check old land an/or business records from that era but I received a refusal to do the research and was told I would have to inquire in person. Rudeness. My father had an assumed name (because he didn't want to be thought of as a German sympathizer during wartime, I am told, of Joseph White. That is on the marriage license application, the marriage license and my birth certificate. His occupation is listed as NAS Pensacola. I never had any contact and have wondered all of my life about his failure to acknowledge me. If anyone has any info on his family or business during that era, please contact me via email at: I live in Alabama and I am now a senior.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Old Town Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Landlords to Avoid in Bangor Maine (Apr '13) 23 hr Fuckbangorlandlords 41
snapping turtle (Sep '13) Sep '13 Beth 1
News 12th person arrested in Bangor bath salts consp... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Clean Up Old Town 1
cpms supervisor texas illegal to torture yvette... (Jun '13) Jun '13 TEXAS SUPERVISOR ... 1
East/West Corridor (Apr '13) Apr '13 rickystairman 2
News Substitute teacher in Old Town charged with ass... (Dec '12) Mar '13 I Like Children 2
Help Finding my Family (Jan '13) Jan '13 Dell Finerty 1

Old Town Jobs

Personal Finance

Old Town Mortgages