Community helps fulfill mother with c...

Community helps fulfill mother with cancer's dream of a new house for her family

There are 3 comments on the Bangor Daily News story from May 11, 2008, titled Community helps fulfill mother with cancer's dream of a new house for her family. In it, Bangor Daily News reports that:

“His eyes just got as big as saucers”

By Jessica Bloch Saturday, May 10, 2008 - Bangor Daily News Eight-year-old Derek Barclay came home from school Friday afternoon and asked his mother, Sonya Barclay, why there was a tractor-trailer sitting in ... via Bangor Daily News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bangor Daily News.

Carol Flannigan

AOL

#1 May 14, 2008
Since reading the Barclay story in the Bangor Daily News, my heart goes out the family, I'm not able to work, but I will be cooking, and cooking, have some things for yard sale. My prayers are with them.
Robin

Denmark, ME

#2 Jun 6, 2008
Can anyone give me an address of where I can send a card to The Barclay Family.
Bud

Holderness, NH

#3 Jun 8, 2008
Community Lends Helping Hand (CBS video)
When cancer patient Sonya Barclay made a plea to a reality show to help her build a new house, her community (Old Town, Maine) pulled together to grant the wish that the show couldn?t. Steve Hartman reports.
video: http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/main5...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Old Town Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sleeping prophet (Jun '12) 9 hr anonymous 26
Early Bird Specials for the Santa Hustle South ... Jun 20 melanie11 1
JustAnswer.com is a SCAM (Jan '12) Jun 19 Inquisitor 46
News The backpack burden: The concern for students' ... (Sep '14) Jun 12 Anonymous 4
Douche named Hippie (Jul '15) May 29 Moonbeam CandyCorn 9
Landlords to Avoid in Bangor Maine (Apr '13) May 27 Sherwin 31
News Police smile at 'Cops Suck' tattoo across man's... May '16 beatlesinthebog 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Old Town Mortgages