Attorney general intervenes in Greenwich estate case

There are 20 comments on the Jul 17, 2009, Stamford Advocate story titled Attorney general intervenes in Greenwich estate case. In it, Stamford Advocate reports that:

The state attorney general claimed victory Friday in a legal battle stemming from 2005 that challenged the legitimacy of a sales agreement in which an elderly Greenwich woman agreed to sell her home to two men for less than half of what it was worth at the time.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Stamford Advocate.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Questions

Huntington, NY

#1 Jul 18, 2009
If this woman lived in Greenwich, why was the Probate Judge who decided the issue not the Greenwich Probate Judge? How about giving us some real details in this case? What was the relationship among the people involved? Sounds a bit like the Astor case, but we would never know from this story.
Rubber Face

United States

#2 Jul 18, 2009
AG Rubber Face is such a media hooker. Looking for that quick headline for political advancement. The Probate Judge is log rolling for a future politcal favor. If the AG's office was not involved, this estate would have passed w/o any issues. AG put political pressure on the pansy probate judge, and in turn, two (2) smart investors lost $700 in equity.

Its disgusting. Richard "Dick" Bloomenthal sounds like the biggest phony out there.
Clyde H

Levittown, NY

#3 Jul 18, 2009
"Two smart investors?"
You mean two lowdown snakes in the grass. They should be dragged into court to explain their actions just like Anthony Marshall.
duped

Bronx, NY

#4 Jul 18, 2009
I hope they both get time. Alfano did nothing for me when I first filed my taxes with him. Some part-time idiot did them, and I'm sure David never reviewed them. When I went to pick them up they were "so sorry, the credit card swipe is not working." I could either pay in cash or be late to file! My taxes were being held hostage! Have now resolved the issue with a previous accountant...recieved a refund due, etc. Don't go there!
eating

East Setauket, NY

#5 Jul 18, 2009
Clyde H wrote:
"Two smart investors?"
You mean two lowdown snakes in the grass. They should be dragged into court to explain their actions just like Anthony Marshall.
I couldn't agree more. I hope people see this and find another accountant. I'm sure this isn't the first person he ripped off.
LOSERS

East Setauket, NY

#6 Jul 18, 2009
Mark Lovallo and David Alfano should pay a fine and possibly do jail time. Thank you Attorney General Blumenthal for saving this elderly woman's estate from these predators. Blumenthal should now look to have Alfano's accounting license revoked and have Caruso removed as a probate judge.
Greenwich resident

Clifton, NJ

#7 Jul 19, 2009
Mr.'s Lovallo & Alfano - should go before a judge and if found guilty should lose what ever licences they hold. Then following this, they should be sued by the estate with all proceeds going to the estate.
Shady

Saint James, NY

#8 Jul 19, 2009
If this women died in 2005, why has it taken all this time to be recognized? Did Blumenthal actually talk to the elderly woman before she died? This story sounds to be like a press junket--Blumenthal is looking for a little attention. His quotes seem as if he is the one to have personally stopped all this from happening, when in truth he probably had no idea what has going on until someone told him the story would be good press. Plus, what was the relationship of the men with the elderly woman? This story is ridiculous.
lulu

Greenwich, CT

#9 Jul 19, 2009
Didn't Mrs. Johnson, may she rest in peace, have a living Will? Whose on the board of the Embroiderers Guild Madame LaFarge,Esq? The winds of Brooke Astor and NYC have arrived. Instead of a buyers market, we have, as the the saying goes, charity begins at home.
Hello

East Setauket, NY

#10 Jul 19, 2009
These responses deflecting the attention to Blumenthal have to be written by the criminals Alfano or Lovallo. Who else would not see that to two guys intended on ripping off an old lady with no family? Simply put these two guys are scum.
aaa

East Setauket, NY

#11 Jul 20, 2009
They are dirtbags.
well

Rye, NY

#12 Jul 28, 2009
Mark Lovallo finally got cough. And I am so happy someone is taking action about it...ha, ha donít mess with charity. I guess he ignored the poor lady and the fact that she Donated to Charity . This is not surprise to me Mark will do it to anyone that would allow him it to their home. He should be ashamed of himself
noway

Rye, NY

#13 Jul 28, 2009
Mark, who is next on line???
what a world

Pompton Plains, NJ

#14 Jul 28, 2009
lulu wrote:
... The winds of Brooke Astor and NYC have arrived....
"Have arrived"? They have been here for a long, long time. The elderly are very vulnerable. Wills, living wills, directive, guardianships, conservatorships can cost a fortune and not even accomplish what the person intended. And it can be very easy for unscrupulous people to take advantage; and then very expensive and time-consuming to undo.

Cut Dick some slack on this one. The shame is that the article does not even hint at how big a problem this sort of thing is.
Laverne

Danbury, CT

#16 Aug 22, 2009
noway wrote:
Mark, who is next on line???
His Uncle/boss
Woody Guthrie

Meriden, CT

#17 Aug 22, 2009
Good Morning American, how are you?
Connecticut Sam and Arlo are your native sons. Thy took a train to New Oreans.
dizz

Brewster, NY

#18 Sep 1, 2009
wat a low life loser mark is
Jerks

Brooklyn, NY

#19 Sep 13, 2009
you should all shut up and get your stories straight before you make such accusations. Laverne...I hope you go straight to hell for your accusations. You know mark lovallo? You don't know your head from your ass!
I wish I could personally give you all a slap in the face, but I would never sink to your level. The only thing I hope for is Karma, so that one day you all know what it's like to have the Greenwich Time disrupt your life!
what a world

Pompton Plains, NJ

#20 Sep 13, 2009
If ... I said IF ... someone takes advantage of an elderly person, touch $#!t if they get their lives disrupted by the Greenwich Time. That should be the least of their worries.
CTM

AOL

#21 Sep 14, 2009
If Blumenthal was actually a "good guy" this wouldn't even be in the news or known about. Just another media trick to hide that he is Connecticuts biggest crook. Who signs the road contracts? He does! Who gives the O.K. on State business? He does! Who runs his own agenda on the states dollar and then pays his friends to do the states work? He does!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Old Greenwich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Addiction program offers at-home treatment 9 hr HumanSpirit 1
Ty Beanie Baby Collectors come here! (May '09) Sat yoshie 64
News Aryan Nations recruiting again in northern Idaho (Apr '09) Fri Commander Bunny 431
Stamford Mayor and His Wife Honored As Founders... Apr 19 Mike g Papa 1
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Apr 19 rabbee yehoshooah... 71,942
News Two Men Charged With Murder In Fatal Shooting I... Apr 17 American Gentlema... 1
News Sherman embraces its small-town appeal Apr 17 American Gentlema... 1
More from around the web

Old Greenwich People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]