Search on for missing McDowell schoolteacher

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

MARION McDowell County sheriff's deputies are searching for a schoolteacher reported missing early Monday.
Comments
41 - 60 of 91 Comments Last updated Feb 9, 2009
smoothtalker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Jan 28, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

clay county wrote:
Our kids spend more time at school than at home.
In todays world isn't that exactly what most parents want???
Hardly

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Jan 28, 2009
 

Judged:

1

smoothtalker wrote:
<quoted text>
In todays world isn't that exactly what most parents want???
not this parent.
irritated

Tryon, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Jan 28, 2009
 
I don't think all the facts are being told. Something happened, this is not in her character. If she wanted attention why did she not report a crime, or if she was doing this as a Planned event why would she walk on the side of the road to be seen? Theres more to it and I don't by it.

Your Mommy- you need to get a life, u have no clue what your talking about.
Reality Check

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Jan 28, 2009
 

Judged:

1

smoothtalker wrote:
<quoted text>
In todays world isn't that exactly what most parents want???
You have no clue do you? I'm a parent and I want my kids at home more. If I could help it, I would home school mine.

Since: Feb 08

Old Fort, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Jan 28, 2009
 
Again, folks, the police are still investigating the situation, and will make a report when the time comes. I personally believe that Amanda should go in for psychiatric testing, just in case, and we'll see what the investigation comes up with.
Hardly

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Jan 28, 2009
 
PratzStrike wrote:
Again, folks, the police are still investigating the situation, and will make a report when the time comes. I personally believe that Amanda should go in for psychiatric testing, just in case, and we'll see what the investigation comes up with.
APPEARS FAIRLY CUT & DRY.
Ronn

Anderson, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Jan 28, 2009
 
Actually the case has been closed. The police have decided there was no crime or kidnapping. So that means they also have decided she did the whole thing alone. Anyone know if she plans to go back to work or how that will be decided?
School Board

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Jan 28, 2009
 
Ronn wrote:
Actually the case has been closed. The police have decided there was no crime or kidnapping. So that means they also have decided she did the whole thing alone. Anyone know if she plans to go back to work or how that will be decided?
We in Burke County are very interested in how this case is handled, as we have one very similiar brewing.

“Be No Tarheelborn”

Since: Feb 07

Albermarle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Jan 28, 2009
 

Judged:

1

She did this herself people !!!!!!!!

WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

SHE NEEDS MENTAL HEALTH HELP!

SHE NEEDS TO HAVE HER LICENSE REVOKED!

END OF STORY!
southernfried

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Jan 28, 2009
 
Transplanted wrote:
She did this herself people !!!!!!!!
WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?
SHE NEEDS MENTAL HEALTH HELP!
SHE NEEDS TO HAVE HER LICENSE REVOKED!
END OF STORY!
Sounds fair to me!!

Since: Aug 08

Marion NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Jan 28, 2009
 
I don't know anything about her personal life and of course rumors are rampant and everyone will believe the worse ones told. From her actions, I think she needs some kind of help. Since it has been proven that she did this to herself, she is obviously going through something that none of us know about.

I also think she should be responsible for the cost of all the man hours spent looking for her. She definately doesn't need to be in charge of any children until she gets her problems resolved
Sam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Jan 29, 2009
 
whatcha want wrote:
I don't know anything about her personal life and of course rumors are rampant and everyone will believe the worse ones told. From her actions, I think she needs some kind of help. Since it has been proven that she did this to herself, she is obviously going through something that none of us know about.
I also think she should be responsible for the cost of all the man hours spent looking for her. She definately doesn't need to be in charge of any children until she gets her problems resolved
She doesn't ever need to be in charge of anything again. Not even that Daschund that the police said was running around in the house while they were looking for her.
irritated

Hendersonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Jan 29, 2009
 
Since when does refusing to allow someone to take a lie detector test prove anything. Also how is it possible she was seen at her home in her car after 7 am if she was supposably already on hoppy tom or stacey hill. All the facts are not being told and our wondeful Sherriffs department who most on this board is so willing to always criticize, and now suddenly everyone is jumping on the bandwagon to believe them.

If she was doing this personally, why didn't she report it, call something in? I mean seriously, she didn't ask for them to come to her home. Because it was so far out of her character not to be on her job, they were concerned and sent someone to do a welfare check?

Stop being so judgmental and look. Something serious has happened and our sheriff and his detectives want to sweep it under the rug?

In either case, Amanda is a great person, and its sad that this has been all over the news, if she needed help now, she couldn't get it because McDowell County is so full of righteous upstanding perfect citizens who never do wrong, that now she is an outcast and will never be looked at the same again. At this point, even if she was deemed drug free and completly sane by a Doctor no one here would believe it because McDowell citizens are Holier than thou.
Ronn

Anderson, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Jan 29, 2009
 

Judged:

1

You say she didn't report it so therefore she didn't want the police to come. I think the spray paint and the car door being opened was done just so someone would see it and call the police. If she didn't want them called she wouldn't have tried to stage a scene. If she didn't want them called she wouldn't have injured herself and left blood and hair in her house. She knew they would get called. Thats just common sense.

Since: Aug 08

Marion NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#60
Jan 29, 2009
 

Judged:

1

irritated wrote:
Since when does refusing to allow someone to take a lie detector test prove anything. Also how is it possible she was seen at her home in her car after 7 am if she was supposably already on hoppy tom or stacey hill. All the facts are not being told and our wondeful Sherriffs department who most on this board is so willing to always criticize, and now suddenly everyone is jumping on the bandwagon to believe them.
If she was doing this personally, why didn't she report it, call something in? I mean seriously, she didn't ask for them to come to her home. Because it was so far out of her character not to be on her job, they were concerned and sent someone to do a welfare check?
Stop being so judgmental and look. Something serious has happened and our sheriff and his detectives want to sweep it under the rug?
In either case, Amanda is a great person, and its sad that this has been all over the news, if she needed help now, she couldn't get it because McDowell County is so full of righteous upstanding perfect citizens who never do wrong, that now she is an outcast and will never be looked at the same again. At this point, even if she was deemed drug free and completly sane by a Doctor no one here would believe it because McDowell citizens are Holier than thou.
She did this. She admitted she did this. Just because you know someone doesn't make them a saint.

It has nothing to do with a holier than thou attitude. She perpetrated this hoax at great expense to the tax payers and the only reason she isn't going to be held responsible is because she didn't call the authorities.
AMEN

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61
Jan 29, 2009
 
"She perpetrated this hoax at great expense to the tax payers"

Since: Jun 07

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#62
Jan 29, 2009
 
PratzStrike wrote:
Again, folks, the police are still investigating the situation, and will make a report when the time comes. I personally believe that Amanda should go in for psychiatric testing, just in case, and we'll see what the investigation comes up with.
No, I think the investigation is over according to the newspaper report.

“Keep Fighting, Lil Man!!”

Since: Aug 08

Marion,NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#63
Jan 29, 2009
 
trouble wrote:
she faked the hole thing, mark my words. you have not got the whole story yet! 6224
You and countless others were right....SHE FAKED IT!! But why? Doesnt make sense unless she had a mental break. Hope she gets the help she needs before they let her go back to teaching.
Tax Payer

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64
Jan 29, 2009
 
"The sergeant's discovery set off a 10-hour hunt for the teacher that included more than a dozen local and state officers, a K-9 and a helicopter"

should be public information. wonder how much $$$$$$ was spent on this case, er uh, hoax ???
southernfried

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65
Jan 29, 2009
 
Tax Payer wrote:
"The sergeant's discovery set off a 10-hour hunt for the teacher that included more than a dozen local and state officers, a K-9 and a helicopter"
should be public information. wonder how much $$$$$$ was spent on this case, er uh, hoax ???
Are these $$$$$ coming from the same POT as the $$$$$$ to support all the illegal mexicans????

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Old Fort Discussions

Search the Old Fort Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who knows these thieves are Jake Baker 45 min Yes sir 28
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 1 hr Delinger 55,943
dope ho$ 3 hr hahaha 3
mcdowell county schools 4 hr Frozen 10
What the heck is wrong with black people in cha... 5 hr Jessie 4
List of Undercover police Vehicles, lets help e... (Mar '12) 12 hr Ken 31
Anyone seen Ben Capps 12 hr Ken 23
•••
•••
•••
•••

Old Fort Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Old Fort People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Old Fort News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Old Fort
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••