Rally opposing illegal immigration la...

Rally opposing illegal immigration largely peaceful

There are 179 comments on the Citizensvoice.com story from Jun 16, 2007, titled Rally opposing illegal immigration largely peaceful. In it, Citizensvoice.com reports that:

“The immigration stops here!! Hazleton, Pa.”

A largely peaceful crowd lined the street in front of the William J. Nealon Federal Building calling for federal immigration reform. via Citizensvoice.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Citizensvoice.com.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#181 Jun 22, 2007
Kultur Kampf wrote:
<quoted text>Well...Thank you for the well thought out, rational response. I'll have MENSA call you.
We're already members. If you were a member, you'd know that already. LOL
Mary

Little Rock, AR

#182 Jun 22, 2007
Kultur Kampf wrote:
<quoted text>Well...Thank you for the well thought out, rational response. I'll have MENSA call you.
Yes, and YOUR comments, such as THIS one are sooooo well thought out and rational. You told a man to hold a gun to his head and pull the trigger. Yeah, you're a bright boy all right.

Why don't you go tell your mama she wants you? Of course, if you were MY son, I certainly wouldn't want you. I'd tie rocks around your neck and throw you in the river...then I'd go get my tubes tied to prevent another disaster like YOU.
Mary

Little Rock, AR

#183 Jun 22, 2007
Rebel wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, thank you, Mary! I like standing up with you and the rest of our group, as well!
We must prevail!
We WILL prevail, Reb. I know we will. Americans are too po'd, and we're NOT going to tolerate this. Those in DC had BETTER know we mean business or they'll be job hunting in '08.
Mary

Little Rock, AR

#187 Jun 22, 2007
Kultur Kampf wrote:
<quoted text>Tell me something. It's still we the people, right?
Gosh, what do YOU think?

“Love and respect!!!”

Since: May 07

Your Nation's Capitol!

#188 Jun 22, 2007
Ladies and gentlemen-

This is the problem. The thread is Illegal Immigration and you three are throwing stones at each other. I don't find it fun or educational.

That is why I get crazy with these types of forums. One minute it is good discussion, the next thing you know, folks are slinging insults at people they don't even know!

I hate reading lines like your an idiot and your mother should have had her tubes tied, and crap like that. Or casting folks as rednecks in trailers. Some cannot help where they live.

Seriously. Show class when responding and if you dissagree with someone's opinion, show respect. You may not agree, but why would would a rational person respond in the derogatory? State your piece respectufully, respond respectfully and this forum will rock! I am not saying we all have to agree but dissagree with respect.

Thanks. Have a great weekend everyone.
Rick
Mary

Little Rock, AR

#189 Jun 22, 2007
rick_p wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen-
This is the problem. The thread is Illegal Immigration and you three are throwing stones at each other. I don't find it fun or educational.
That is why I get crazy with these types of forums. One minute it is good discussion, the next thing you know, folks are slinging insults at people they don't even know!
I hate reading lines like your an idiot and your mother should have had her tubes tied, and crap like that. Or casting folks as rednecks in trailers. Some cannot help where they live.
Seriously. Show class when responding and if you dissagree with someone's opinion, show respect. You may not agree, but why would would a rational person respond in the derogatory? State your piece respectufully, respond respectfully and this forum will rock! I am not saying we all have to agree but dissagree with respect.
Rick
You're absolutely right.
S Barnes

Cedarpines Park, CA

#191 Jun 22, 2007
rick_p wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen-
Rick
I agree unless we are really talking about illegal immigration; it really becomes blather!

“Love and respect!!!”

Your Nation's Capitol!

#192 Jun 22, 2007
Kultur Kampf wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, so you promise to show some class?
She has it, and so do you. Just be respectful.

I have learned so much on these forums and it is wonderful. There is nothing wrong with dissagreeing with a post, but to make it personal, like, your best of you rolled down your Mother's leg,...well, that is is not the point of the discussion.

That is why I cannot stand to post. I get ridiculed for my beliefs. Who in their right mind wants to go on the an internet forum and discuss serious things and get called a putz or an idiot or ass..h.ole, or a jerk, or stupid, or crazy (we all are!) have images of folks raping our families, or...well you get the picture.

I hate it. I work hard and I don't like the negativity. I work almost exclusively with Vietnam Vets trying to benefits and after working with them to get the records they need, I like to se what America (YOU!) are saying.

And I get this?
Mary

Little Rock, AR

#194 Jun 22, 2007
Kultur Kampf wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, so you promise to show some class?
Oh stop. You're ridiculous.

“Love and respect!!!”

Your Nation's Capitol!

#196 Jun 22, 2007
That is why I will leave.

God Bless you all.

Best.
Rick
Mary

Little Rock, AR

#197 Jun 22, 2007
Kultur Kampf wrote:
<quoted text>I now see why Mary....is a tramp.
You're a pig. If you were here right now, you'd be knocked out cold. Low class moron.
Betsy Ross

United States

#199 Jun 22, 2007
Sanctuary Cities NO FEDERAL EMERGENCY MONEY

KISS SANCTUARY CITIES BYE BYE money talks_ the lack of it SCREAMS

June 16, 2007
WASHINGTON, D.C.- The U.S. House on Friday voted to withhold federal emergency services funding from so-called sanctuary cities that protect illegal immigrants.
Illegal immigration opponent Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Colo., sponsored the measure, which he says would apply to cities such as Denver and Boulder. He was elated by its passage, which stunned critics and supporters alike.
The Littleton Republican's amendment to the Department of Homeland Security appropriations bill appears to have no language specifically defining what a "sanctuary city" is. Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper has long disputed giving the city that label.
"The issue has come to fruition," Tancredo said by cell phone after the vote. "The people of the country really have spoken. It's a really good indicator of just how much closer to the people the House is than the Senate is."
The House passed the amendment, 234 to 189, with 50 Democrats voting in favor.
Tancredo and his staff cheered from his office across the street from the Capitol after the vote.
Tancredo has introduced similar amendments at least seven other times since 2004, but each has failed - often by wide margins.
The House on Friday passed the Homeland Security appropriations bill, which now goes to the Senate. It would have to be signed by the president to become law.
A year ago, Tancredo and other immigration foes unveiled billboards in Denver, including one with a mock declaration: "Welcome to SANCTUARY CITY ... Relax, you made it! Brought to you by Executive Order 116."
The billboard referred to a 1998 order issued by then-Denver Mayor Wellington Webb that outlines the city's anti-discrimination stance regarding immigrants.
"There are no ordinances, executive orders or regulations that establish a 'sanctuary policy' in Denver," the mayor's spokesperson, Lindy Eichenbaum-Lent, said at the time.
"Denver's policies comply with federal law, and Denver law enforcement officers cooperate with federal officials on immigration matters. Federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials have said Denver is not a sanctuary city, so merely erecting a misleading billboard doesn't make it true."
A call for comment from Hickenlooper was not returned.
The proposed amendment comes as the Senate is poised to take up debate again next week on an immigration reform plan that some opponents criticize as giving amnesty to illegal immigrants.
President Bush, who supports the Senate's reform plan, sweetened the deal this week by agreeing to include $4.4 billion for border security. The Senate had put the reform bill on ice because it lacked enough support to bring to a vote.
Tancredo said his amendment is an indicator that the House would crush the reform plan if it passes in the Senate.
"If I were (Speaker of the House) Nancy Pelosi, I'd be asking if she could pass a vote on amnesty on the House side," Tancredo said. "If she lost 50 Democrats on this one, and she says she needs 70 Republicans to pass the immigration plan, this is an interesting indicator of things coming down the pike, and that the times, they are a-changing."
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/a...
Dan

Flora, IN

#200 Jun 28, 2007
rick_p wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen-
This is the problem. The thread is Illegal Immigration and you three are throwing stones at each other. I find it fun and educational.
That is why I get crazy with these types of forums. One minute it is good discussion, the next thing you know, folks are slinging insults at people they don't even know you are a bunch of dumb asses!
I hate reading lines like your an idiot and your mother should have had her tubes tied, and crap like that if this is the best you can do then give up. Or casting folks as rednecks in trailers. Some cannot help where they live like those scum sucking mexicans.
Seriously. Show class when responding and if you dissagree with someone's opinion, tell them they suck. You may not agree, but why would would a rational person respond in the derogatory to a buch of dumb sobs? State your piece respectufully, respond respectfully and this forum will rock! I am not saying we all have to agree but dissagree with respect eventhough the bastards dont deserve it.
Thanks. Have a great weekend you pond scum.
Rick
Rick sure has a way with words.
Dan

Flora, IN

#201 Jun 28, 2007
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/...

Even bush is not dumb enough to not know his presidentcy is dead.
Mary

Little Rock, AR

#202 Jun 28, 2007
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Rick sure has a way with words.
Yes, but after I thought about Rick's post and went back and re-read the thread, I remembered he threw some pretty petty insults himself. Nice enough guy, though, in the end.
Oi Oi Oi Vey

Brooklyn, NY

#203 Aug 8, 2007
Erick_K_W wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course...Cohen.....
Erick_K_W
Of course... an unrepentant Nazi coprophile...

“Illegals are not immigrants...”

Since: Apr 07

Mid-south, USA

#205 Aug 9, 2007
So many of us are awake, but those who are in power, just refuse to listen to us for fear that big corporations will pull the plugs in their campaigns and other lobbying interests. Money talks and greed walks...all over the taxpaying Americans.
Bren

Apollo, PA

#208 Sep 23, 2007
Tonight is anti-illegal talk show radio---every Sunday----no matter where you are in the country!!

Just go to the links and click on "Online streaming", "Listen Live" or whatever it says at the site so that you can listen through your computer!!

If these times are too late for you, the show will be available the following day by clicking on the links.

7PST, 8 MST, 9 CST, 10 EST

Minuteman HQ Radio with Chris Simcox. http://www.kknt960.com/index.html

9pm Pacific, 10PM MST, 11PM CST, 12AM EST

http://theterryandersonshow.com
jaime flores

Stratford, CT

#210 Sep 29, 2007
Bren wrote:
Tonight is anti-illegal talk show radio---every Sunday----no matter where you are in the country!!
Just go to the links and click on "Online streaming", "Listen Live" or whatever it says at the site so that you can listen through your computer!!
If these times are too late for you, the show will be available the following day by clicking on the links.
7PST, 8 MST, 9 CST, 10 EST
Minuteman HQ Radio with Chris Simcox. http://www.kknt960.com/index.html
9pm Pacific, 10PM MST, 11PM CST, 12AM EST
http://theterryandersonshow.com
You call yourself an American and you are trying to back up communist groups. Illegals love America and will not let communism spread, viva America.
We have given our people amnesty and we will not leave. We have to protect this American country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Old Forge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Men charged with cocaine conspiracy Apr 18 gone from hazy 2
Syrian refugees Apr 17 AnAmerican 2
News County council rejects motion to disband manage... Apr 14 Lucy Jane 1
News String theory: Luthier fixes, makes guitars Apr 14 Lucy Jane 1
Vote For Donald Trump Apr 7 Vote For Trump 1
News Bachelor parties about catering to groom-to-be,... Apr 7 true-life 1
What the Hell, Scranton Priest_____What the hell? Apr 5 District 1 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Old Forge Mortgages