Residents Say Plan To Kill Skunks Stinks

Residents Say Plan To Kill Skunks Stinks

There are 17 comments on the NBC 10 Philadelphia story from Sep 9, 2008, titled Residents Say Plan To Kill Skunks Stinks. In it, NBC 10 Philadelphia reports that:

Some folks in Chester County said a plan to trap and kill creatures in their community really stinks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 10 Philadelphia.

Alec Berg

Plainsboro, NJ

#1 Sep 9, 2008
I hope they will not use a gun on these animals.
Heather A Larney

Monticello, IN

#2 Sep 9, 2008
That is absoutly INSANE to go to the trouble to trap then KILL the skunks! They are in their natural habitat! Reguardless of that, how much more trouble could it be to relocate them then to just kill them. To attempt to USE the EXCUSE that the skunks CAN carry rabies is absoutly laughable because ANY MAMAL except opossums (native to the US anyway) are CAPABLE of carrying rabies. What vets and state officials choose not to tell people and unless you do your own research you would never know, but the rabies vaccine is 75% INEFFECTIVE in all mamals!
Christine

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Sep 10, 2008
We as humans steal all the natural habitat of these animals then decide to kill them.....even though, as mentioned in the story, no one has been sprayed or attacked by any of the skunks, so really they have decided to kill them just because they are there, no other reason. SHAME ON HUMANITY!!
Pauly

Narberth, PA

#4 Sep 10, 2008
Get a grip people. They are just skunks. Who cares.....
Destiny

Portsmouth, VA

#5 Sep 10, 2008
Pauly wrote:
Get a grip people. They are just skunks. Who cares.....
How 'bout if we trap and shoot your a s s instead?
EL Kabong

Glenmoore, PA

#6 Sep 10, 2008
You ever try to wash skunk spray off your dog? All I think about while doing it is doing away with the little buggar.
Befuddled

Malvern, PA

#8 Sep 10, 2008
EL Kabong wrote:
You ever try to wash skunk spray off your dog? All I think about while doing it is doing away with the little buggar.
The dog or the skunk, el?? MR. Wayne, I mean. Ever try using Tomato juice? It works great, and yes, I know this from experience when one of my dogs got sprayed a number of years ago.

I think it's horrible that they want to euthanize them. Why? They haven't bothered anyone, and until they do, I hope they keep their stinking (pun intended) hands away from these skunks.
Destiny

Virginia Beach, VA

#9 Sep 10, 2008
EL Kabong wrote:
Sure have. Nature's Miracle Skunk Scent Remover works like a charm. Now change your way of thinking about those poor critters.
EL Kabong

Glenmoore, PA

#10 Sep 10, 2008
Befuddled wrote:
<quoted text>
The dog or the skunk, el?? MR. Wayne, I mean. Ever try using Tomato juice? It works great, and yes, I know this from experience when one of my dogs got sprayed a number of years ago.
I think it's horrible that they want to euthanize them. Why? They haven't bothered anyone, and until they do, I hope they keep their stinking (pun intended) hands away from these skunks.
Sorry, I meant the skunk, and yes, always used tomato juice. I grew up on small farm and our dogs used to get sprayed on a regular basis. Having to clean them up once in a blue moon is one thing, but every couple of weeks gets old fast.

Since: Mar 08

Brookhaven PA

#11 Sep 10, 2008
humanely trap them and release them in the homes of peta members!

right before we release them, we should flick them annoyingly with our thumbs and forefingers.

this should be fun!

Brookhaven PA

#13 Sep 10, 2008
we should just test the "love" of the animal lovers. trap and release in peta member homes rattle the cages before releasing.

why wont the peta members open up and say they agree with this plan? They DO love animals DONT THEY?
EL Kabong

Glenmoore, PA

#14 Sep 10, 2008
Destiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure have. Nature's Miracle Skunk Scent Remover works like a charm. Now change your way of thinking about those poor critters.
Sorry to seem callous, but if little varmints are messing with the other animals on your property, it's time to get the .22 and put it down. If you had rats in your house, how would you react?
Destiny

Portsmouth, VA

#15 Sep 10, 2008
EL Kabong wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to seem callous, but if little varmints are messing with the other animals on your property, it's time to get the .22 and put it down. If you had rats in your house, how would you react?
There are humane ways of getting rid of "pesty varmints". Using a .22 isn't one of them. Use your internet for something useful and Google it. I've already gotten rid of pesky mice in my home without killing them.
EL Kabong

Glenmoore, PA

#16 Sep 10, 2008
Destiny wrote:
<quoted text>
There are humane ways of getting rid of "pesty varmints". Using a .22 isn't one of them. Use your internet for something useful and Google it. I've already gotten rid of pesky mice in my home without killing them.
I use my internet for useful things. Learning how to trap vermin is not one of them. I only ever shot varmints that endangered the health and welfare of the other animals on the farm. We didn't have the time or luxury to be PC about it.

Brookhaven PA

#17 Sep 10, 2008
License to kill 'skunks' by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill 'skunks' at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote.
T_Johnson

College Point, NY

#18 Sep 11, 2008
Stupid skunks....

Brookhaven PA

#19 Sep 12, 2008
I cant beleive in two days nobody laughed at, recognized, or commented on my Caddyshack joke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Old Forge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pills,opiates and others Jun 18 Pillz 1
News 'Our Town: Tamaqua' debuts on WVIA Jun 17 DAVARG 5
Skyliners Drum & Bugle Corps Hosting DCA Show o... Jun 7 SkylinersDBCorps 1
Skyliners Drum & Bugle Corps Hosting DCA Show o... Jun 7 SkylinersDBCorps 1
Updated Juniper JN0-102 test questions (Apr '14) May '17 annacarl 3
News Detractors, growing debt dog local builder (Jun '07) May '17 The real mfa 3,647
News Pro-marijuana group wants to adopt highway; Pen... May '17 Ben James 1

Old Forge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Old Forge Mortgages