Police: Rochester-area police officer...

Police: Rochester-area police officer mistakes son for intruder,...

There are 174 comments on the WKTV story from Jul 21, 2012, titled Police: Rochester-area police officer mistakes son for intruder,.... In it, WKTV reports that:

State Police say a father accidentially shot and killed his son early Saturday morning in Old Forge.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WKTV.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
CCW is NOT the answer

Rochester, NY

#1 Jul 21, 2012
Did the son sneak out and was trying to get back into the room?
Was he showing up as a surprise to his parents?
Were either person drunk?
Did they have an argument and the son left to cool down, but the dad hadn't yet.
_NBP_

Livonia Center, NY

#3 Jul 21, 2012
CCW is NOT the answer wrote:
Did the son sneak out and was trying to get back into the room?
Was he showing up as a surprise to his parents?
Were either person drunk?
Did they have an argument and the son left to cool down, but the dad hadn't yet.
The circumstances surrounding this shooting will never be publicly disclosed. In the end, no charges will be filled. By chance should they be, the father is already setting up the well known "WMIC" defense......."He(Cop/Fat her) was taken by ambulance to St. Lukes Hospital in Utica where he remains for a medical issue, State Police said."

medical issue = mental observation
penfield

Bradford, VT

#4 Jul 21, 2012
_NBP_ wrote:
<quoted text>The circumstances surrounding this shooting will never be publicly disclosed. In the end, no charges will be filled. By chance should they be, the father is already setting up the well known "WMIC" defense......."He(Cop/Fat her) was taken by ambulance to St. Lukes Hospital in Utica where he remains for a medical issue, State Police said."

medical issue = mental observation
Coverup. The father and son were fighting.

morality

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#5 Jul 21, 2012
""Rochester-area """

Why not just say what suburban town they are from and stop bad mouthing the great city of Rochester.

These guys are form the BURBS, like the rest of the drunks.
Eddie

Rochester, NY

#7 Jul 21, 2012
morality wrote:
""Rochester-area """
Why not just say what suburban town they are from and stop bad mouthing the great city of Rochester.
These guys are form the BURBS, like the rest of the drunks.
It was Perry, which isn't a burb. I know you're frequently confused on the burb vs rural thing, but there is a difference.

“Lovin' you is fuuu-uuun...”

Since: Apr 09

drop the puck, Ref...

#8 Jul 21, 2012
Alcohol?
Summer time

Whitesboro, NY

#9 Jul 21, 2012
I hear the son was a cop too

morality

Location hidden

#10 Jul 21, 2012
Eddie wrote:
<quoted text>
It was Perry, which isn't a burb. I know you're frequently confused on the burb vs rural thing, but there is a difference.
Well it wouldn't be the "Rochester-area" either.

morality

Location hidden

#11 Jul 21, 2012
http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S2698533.sht...

"""Leach was previously an officer with the Rochester Police Department and currently a part time officer with the Perry Police Department."""

All the stupid cops come from the RPD.

Did he get fired from the RPD??
NRA Advocate

Rochester, NY

#12 Jul 21, 2012
Man, violence, violence and more violence. It's everywhere.
Boss

Hoboken, NJ

#13 Jul 21, 2012
Summer time wrote:
I hear the son was a cop too
Nooe
Eddie

Rochester, NY

#14 Jul 21, 2012
morality wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it wouldn't be the "Rochester-area" either.
i agree with you on this. It's an hour away from us. I think the reason they called it Rochester area is because otherwise everyone would say where the F is perry?

morality

Location hidden

#15 Jul 21, 2012
Well it makes rochester look bad.
They need to be sued for defamation of character.
Still on my High Horse

Rochester, NY

#16 Jul 21, 2012
morality wrote:
http://www.whec.com/news/stori es/S2698533.shtml?cat=411
"""Leach was previously an officer with the Rochester Police Department and currently a part time officer with the Perry Police Department."""
Who says the father was fired from RPD? The victim was 37, meaning his dad was probably at least 57, more than enough to be retired from the RPD and working part time in Perry.
_NBP_

Livonia Center, NY

#17 Jul 21, 2012
morality wrote:
http://www.whec.com/news/stori es/S2698533.shtml?cat=411
Here a bit more that Rochester media is leaving out:

Rochester police Capt. Peter Leach - Michael Leach's brother - is in charge of the special detail currently policing the city's downtown area. Both men are sons of former Rochester Police Chief Delmar Leach, who served from 1981-85.

In November 1975, Michael Leach, then a 22-year-old officer in the Rochester Police Department, shot and killed Denise Hawkins, an 18-year-old who was coming toward him with a knife in the basement of an apartment building.

The incident led to extensive protests from black community leaders and a grand jury investigation.

"The shooting was ruled to be justified.".......hmmmmmm , how unusual is that?

morality

Location hidden

#18 Jul 22, 2012
He killed an innocent 18 year old girl trying to run away from an abuse boyfriend.

And now he accidentally killed his son.
I can see GOD's work involved in this.
DrinkUp

New York, NY

#19 Jul 22, 2012
_NBP_ wrote:
<quoted text>Here a bit more that Rochester media is leaving out:

Rochester police Capt. Peter Leach - Michael Leach's brother - is in charge of the special detail currently policing the city's downtown area. Both men are sons of former Rochester Police Chief Delmar Leach, who served from 1981-85.

In November 1975, Michael Leach, then a 22-year-old officer in the Rochester Police Department, shot and killed Denise Hawkins, an 18-year-old who was coming toward him with a knife in the basement of an apartment building.

The incident led to extensive protests from black community leaders and a grand jury investigation.

The neighbors next to the hotel said their was a big pause between the first gunshot and the last 2. Like a 30 second or more pause. This whole thing stinks to high heaven. The state police are interviewing these people about this.
Black Daddy X

Rochester, NY

#20 Jul 22, 2012
Cracker cops are too trigger happy. Now he killed his own son. In todays paper, it told that he killed a black woman who lounged at him witha knife. See how shit comes back to you! Stop killing black folks, because you will pay the price in the end!
HammerDown

Fairport, NY

#23 Jul 22, 2012
_NBP_ wrote:
<quoted text>shot and killed Denise Hawkins, an 18-year-old who was coming toward him with a knife in the basement of an apartment building.
was there an out cry from the black community, did they pull the race card and say the victim was a good boy just got his GED and and stopped selling dope and was turning his life around when whitey made him/ her run at a cop with a knife

morality

Location hidden

#25 Jul 22, 2012
I only wish all city cops that have unnecessary killed a city resident would have also ended up killing their own children too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Old Forge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gorgeous weather, cheesecake draw large crowd t... 36 min You better than me 3
Justin 3 hr Granma 8
Josh and Jess 5 hr sucks to be them 1
Bald Mountain Colony Transition - Resident's Su... 16 hr Dick 33
hope not 20 hr yup 1
News Lyons Falls woman accused of stealing flower po... Sun Harry Bawls 2
sonne rd Sep 22 butler fence 2

Old Forge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Old Forge Mortgages