Boy dragged behind a pickup truck... ...

Boy dragged behind a pickup truck... to death.

Posted in the Olalla Forum

Cousin of Curt

Metaline Falls, WA

#1 Nov 30, 2007
Hmmmm???
Curious

Metaline Falls, WA

#2 Nov 30, 2007
NEWPORT, WA (AP)-- A university student tied to a pickup and dragged to his death on a rural road had been threatening people with an ax during a night of heavy drinking at a hunting campsite, witnesses told police.
Wendell C. Sinn Jr. was jailed for investigation of second-degree murder in the death of Jerid S. Sturman-Camyn near Usk, about 45 miles north of Spokane, Pend Oreille County sheriff's deputies said.
Sturman-Camyn, 20, described as a martial arts enthusiast, lost his temper, grabbed an ax and threatened others during a drinking party at Sinn's hunting camp late Saturday, witnesses told deputies.
According to a sheriff's office statement, Sinn told a 17-year-old boy to get into the pickup and be prepared to flee.
Sinn, 45, of Newman Lake, then reportedly tied a rope to the truck's trailer hitch and to Sturman-Camyn and told the teenager to drive away. The 17-year-old apparently was unaware that he was dragging Sturman-Camyn when he drove away in fear, the sheriff's statement said.
Deputies found the pickup with Sturman-Camyn's body after the 17-year-old called to report someone was chasing him down a road with an ax and another person called and reported a body being dragged by a pickup.
There was no word early Monday whether Sinn had a lawyer to speak for him or whether the 17-year-old would face charges.
Sturman-Camyn, a civil engineering student at Eastern Washington University, had been training at a martial arts in Spokane for about eight months, The Spokesman-Review newspaper reported Monday.
How do you feel about this situation? To read more about it google Newport WA, boy dragged to death.
Alaskan

Anchorage, AK

#3 Dec 4, 2007
Sinn should be held fully responsible for this act.
Marilyn Collier

Nanaimo, Canada

#4 Jan 21, 2008
It's almost premeditated if you think about it. Sinn, at age 45, gets the teenager in the truck, ties the victim to the truck's hitch and then yells at the kid to hurry and get away so he won't be harmed by Sturman-Camyn who is now in no position to be a threat. That is first degree murder at its worst. Sinn could have called police.
Samantha

Kennewick, WA

#5 Mar 21, 2011
Okay, i knew the kid personally and he was not like that. that article was a lie... he never threatened no one with an axe. and even worse the terrible person who did it is no longer in jail. but of course people who ruin their own lives with drugs and what not are still in there. what is up with that??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olalla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Gig Harbor (Nov '13) Sun Roch 98
Review: A Bug In A Rug Daycare (Jan '10) May 30 Momoffour0823 10
woman po walgreens,yellowish 1989 I love pink s... May '16 montrose0013 1
Group sex (Feb '12) May '16 montrose0013 13
woman in walgreens 6pm tonight grey suv May '16 montrose0013 2
Fire smoke right now (Aug '13) Aug '13 jerry 1
Review: Rico's Landscape Inc (Aug '11) Aug '11 Amy 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Olalla Mortgages