Man shot outside local bar

Man shot outside local bar

There are 114 comments on the KJRH-TV Tulsa story from Aug 20, 2007, titled Man shot outside local bar. In it, KJRH-TV Tulsa reports that:

Last Update: 8/20 2:38 pm Okmulgee police are investigating a weekend homicide. Chief Joe Prentice said around 1:45am Sunday, there was a shooting at the Back Door, a club.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KJRH-TV Tulsa.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
charlie

Tulsa, OK

#104 Oct 15, 2008
Broken Heart wrote:
I have lost the love of my life! I was three months pregnant with his first son when he died. Everybody who has commented has that right to their own opinion, but none of u know the pain i feel now and for the rest of my life. Who ever it be that took my love, God will judge you, not me. I forgive you actully. I am blessed with the most amazing son and you can't take that away. I hope all this opens the eyes and hearts of people living with sin in their life. I'm not perfect but I am changed forever by this. His son carries on his name... Victor Ray Morgan Jr. I miss u my love forever n always!
i am truly sorry for your loss. i am still wondering why this even happened. i knew victor for many years and never had any problems with him.
Corvetteran

Lufkin, TX

#105 Nov 27, 2008
Geez folks! I am betting there is not a perfect person here. Everyone has skeletons in their closet, and everyone does things that others do not approve of. Nobody is a saint in everyone's eyes.
It sounds as if neither of these two were perfect either. So leave what has nothing to do with the event at hand out of your mind and think about what really happened. A man was shot at, he in turn defended himself by firing back at his assailant. They both had the chance to die in this situation. No matter who died people would be upset, just for the most part it would be different people.
I think what is really being left out here is the fact that they were outside of a bar! Alcohol impairs people to the point that they cannot maintain a 4 ft. wide car in an 8 ft. lane! Let alone aim and accurately discharge a firearm in the dark. Then throw in adrenaline, their eyesight, and any other number of distractions. These factors leave a lot of questions, but clear up one. To be shot at and have the time to acquire a firearm and return fire without being shot yourself is no longer really a long shot(excuse the expression)
rich vs poor

Okmulgee, OK

#106 Dec 8, 2008
All you have to do is ask the cheif of police its charlies brother in law.But be careful the brotherhood in okmulgees police is suppose to be a secret.Its all about politics not honesty.This is what is wrong with Okmulgee. It just depends on who you are.
SICK and TIRED

Mcalester, OK

#107 Dec 11, 2008
rich vs poor wrote:
All you have to do is ask the cheif of police its charlies brother in law.But be careful the brotherhood in okmulgees police is suppose to be a secret.Its all about politics not honesty.This is what is wrong with Okmulgee. It just depends on who you are.
Before you go saying things you might want to get your facts in order. The fact is Charlie is the chiefs brother in law, but they do not speak. And if you know so much then you would know that Charlie and his wife filed for divorce almost a year ago, so soon Charlie and the chief will not be related at all. They do not get along, and i assure you that Chief Prentice would throw his ass in jail in a heartbeat, but there was enough evidence to support Charlie's claim that it was in fact self defense. You people crack me up, you all think you know what is going on, but you dont. The real tradgedy is a man lost his life, a woman lost the father of her children. The real problem here are people that have concealed weapons liscenses that have no business having them, they take them to bars and places where trouble is in abundance. Get your facts in order before you make theses outlandish statements.
rich and poor

Okmulgee, OK

#108 Dec 13, 2008
Thanks for your enlightenment.Now let me help you with some facts.A women lost the father of children(child).The real problem with or without liscenses people thinking there above the law and even arrogate lawmen,or people with authority.There is enough unsolved murders here.People are dying here and justice not being served.If thats outlandish so be it.P.S. The shooting didnt happen in bar. I guess the people at Elks or Country club do no wrong.Time for change.
SICK and TIRED

Mcalester, OK

#109 Dec 15, 2008
rich and poor wrote:
Thanks for your enlightenment.Now let me help you with some facts.A women lost the father of children(child).The real problem with or without liscenses people thinking there above the law and even arrogate lawmen,or people with authority.There is enough unsolved murders here.People are dying here and justice not being served.If thats outlandish so be it.P.S. The shooting didnt happen in bar. I guess the people at Elks or Country club do no wrong.Time for change.
Ok did i not state the fact that this woman lost the father of her children? I believe i did. I in no way wish to take away from the tradgedy that happened here. The shooting did not happen in the bar, but it happend outside as a result of drinking and words that were exchanged.Charlie, oh he is arrogant, but i dont think it is a matter of him thinking that he is "above the law" as you say. I for one wish that he would have gone to jail, but you cannot change the law to fit each person. Also you seem to be implying that the "rich" people in this town get away with more.......you dont have to be rich to be a member of the elks, and okmulgee does not even have a country club anymore. If you have so many ideas for "change" i would encourage you to attend a local city council meeting. Otherwise you have no right to complain if you have not voiced you opinion to those who have to power to make the changes.
robin hood

Okmulgee, OK

#110 Dec 17, 2008
I also dont want to take away from this tradgedy, I happen know all parties involved.I like all of them.Even held Victors son.Not to be miss understood.I believe arrogant lawmen think there above the law and can treat the poor differently because no political power or money to sue.I also agree you dont have to be rich to go to Elks but to socialize up there can be for political gain.Not to get away from my point,is this a drinking establishment?Dont see the law breath testing anyone leaving there or golf coarse whatever you want to call it.For change here is a idea.If your at a drinking establishment in okmulgee and have been drinking a couple or few.You should have the necessary tools to work with.Such as breath test in establishment.Since there making money they should provide.just a thought.Im a voter, so I feel like i can complain.Murderers on loose.
keeping it real

Edmond, OK

#111 Feb 14, 2009
victor's son turned one on 2-5-09...so it's 1yr and 6 mths now, no arrests...come on !!!! okmulgee sucks !!!
keeping it real

Edmond, OK

#112 Feb 14, 2009
Corvetteran wrote:
Geez folks! I am betting there is not a perfect person here. Everyone has skeletons in their closet, and everyone does things that others do not approve of. Nobody is a saint in everyone's eyes.
It sounds as if neither of these two were perfect either. So leave what has nothing to do with the event at hand out of your mind and think about what really happened. A man was shot at, he in turn defended himself by firing back at his assailant. They both had the chance to die in this situation. No matter who died people would be upset, just for the most part it would be different people.
I think what is really being left out here is the fact that they were outside of a bar! Alcohol impairs people to the point that they cannot maintain a 4 ft. wide car in an 8 ft. lane! Let alone aim and accurately discharge a firearm in the dark. Then throw in adrenaline, their eyesight, and any other number of distractions. These factors leave a lot of questions, but clear up one. To be shot at and have the time to acquire a firearm and return fire without being shot yourself is no longer really a long shot(excuse the expression)
Excuse me but did you not know that Victor was'nt shooting ??? So, Vic being titled as the assailant is inaccurate !! Please get the facts before commenting on this page !!!
Charlie

Dallas, TX

#113 Sep 29, 2012
Why does everyone on here talking crap have to hide their real names?
Choctaw

United States

#114 Sep 29, 2012
choctaw wrote:
For those that don't know charlie he is a very sincere and kind man. We have to remember Charlie just returned fire. Wouldn't you? Victor's wasn't the only one who had children. People are so quick to point the finger at someone but just think what would you had done if you had been in Charlie's place.
Have you ever been to Charlie's Place? After you climb 3 flights of stairs you walk out on the left wing of a sparrow and jump for Chief Barack Obama, Chief of the Black Foot Tribe of Gambling Casinos and games of fair play.
alias

Tulsa, OK

#115 Nov 27, 2013
Charlie wrote:
Why does everyone on here talking crap have to hide their real names?
So you do shoot us too
joesappy

United States

#116 Jul 16, 2015
The fact is, all yall got your facts wrong.
I was there as an innocent bystander, and seen Victor, and the others antogonizing Charlie and his father the entire time. Infact victor and them left long before anyone else and was infact waiting in an SUV with the lights off as soon as they see Charlie they opened fire. No words were exchanged. No warning. They ambushed Charlie execution style . 3 against 1.
Victor may or may not have had a gun but he was in a SUV with 2 people that did, and he knowingly stayed in SUV while it all occured.
I know Charlie, and I knew Victor even better.
I know victor ain't no saint and funny how yall ignorance is tryn to tarnish the name of a good tax paying guy like Charlie.
Fact is Charlie no one will leave their names on here cause that's what cowards do.

Tell u people wat, how bout next time an SUV full of drunk idiots pull up and open fire on u without warning, how bout yall don't defend ourselves and see where that gets u.
Fyi Charlie works his ass off legally, takes care of his kids, family, bills and taxes. So he's. A lil arrogant, hell tbh he's proud of his accomplishments and in these day and age he's a rare breed..
Wen did victor do anything other than be a drain on society???
Victor spent his life a drug addict, in prison, bullying people, not paying his bills.
Bullying the weak. Not for any other reason other than because he could. Victor was anything but a good citizen.
I liked victor but that don't mean he was a good guy.
If yall are gonna talk, speak the truth, not ur un educated opinions.
VictorsWife

Tulsa, OK

#117 Jan 4, 2016
joesappy wrote:
The fact is, all yall got your facts wrong.
I was there as an innocent bystander, and seen Victor, and the others antogonizing Charlie and his father the entire time. Infact victor and them left long before anyone else and was infact waiting in an SUV with the lights off as soon as they see Charlie they opened fire. No words were exchanged. No warning. They ambushed Charlie execution style . 3 against 1.
Victor may or may not have had a gun but he was in a SUV with 2 people that did, and he knowingly stayed in SUV while it all occured.
I know Charlie, and I knew Victor even better.
I know victor ain't no saint and funny how yall ignorance is tryn to tarnish the name of a good tax paying guy like Charlie.
Fact is Charlie no one will leave their names on here cause that's what cowards do.
Tell u people wat, how bout next time an SUV full of drunk idiots pull up and open fire on u without warning, how bout yall don't defend ourselves and see where that gets u.
Fyi Charlie works his ass off legally, takes care of his kids, family, bills and taxes. So he's. A lil arrogant, hell tbh he's proud of his accomplishments and in these day and age he's a rare breed..
Wen did victor do anything other than be a drain on society???
Victor spent his life a drug addict, in prison, bullying people, not paying his bills.
Bullying the weak. Not for any other reason other than because he could. Victor was anything but a good citizen.
I liked victor but that don't mean he was a good guy.
If yall are gonna talk, speak the truth, not ur un educated opinions.
This is not intended for any one specific person... But for all who think they just got to have something to say because they have nothing better to do than run their mouth about what they know nothing about....
It's funny that all these people have something to say about all the wrong that happened that night. I was there as well but I was inside when it happened & to this day I still don't know the whole truth about outside BUT I DO KNOW THAT VICTOR DID WORK AND PAY TAXES just like any other citizen. There may be other things he did that were wrong BUT he did work. He worked with Asplundh Tree service before and during our whole relationship. So people wanna say they know facts about Victor or that night but after reading all these comments nobody knows a damn thing about the man, the father, the son, the brother that was lost! He was in fact a really good man... No he wasn't perfect but nobody in this sad world is. He was a wonderful father and couldn't have asked for anyone better. EVERYBODY WAS IN THE WRONG THAT NIGHT!!! The only thing that matters is that ALL his kids lost their daddy that night!!! I'd appreciate people keeping their worthless 2 cents to themselves & mind you're damn business & stop posting crap you know nothing about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Okmulgee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
chief of police 1 hr beggs citizen 38
Casey Miller DU basketball (Aug '15) Thu puddintain 3
Grand Jury investigation in Beggs Jun 22 OG whiz not again 9
What happened to the Okmulgee Daily Times? (Oct '09) Jun 18 Reed Nevins 36
Okmulgee Police (Nov '11) Jun 17 America rise or hush 95
Obama seduced Jennifer Flowers in the Oval Officce Jun 9 Tammy Wynette 1
Will You Still Patroniz Ike's? (Mar '13) Jun 5 Mark 48
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Okmulgee Mortgages