No title

There are 25 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jan 2, 2009, titled No title. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Laws mandating stores only sell cigarettes that are slow-burning and fire-safe went into effect in five states on New Year's Day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
big business sucks

Sutton, MA

#28 Jan 5, 2009
zermatt wrote:
If it were not for the tax revenue and settlement payments that cigarettes provide to the states, I would say stop making and selling these things.
Since smokers are propping up my state, I say that we raise the taxes on cigarettes and take advantage of the addictive qualities that cigarettes offer.
better idea is to raise taxes on alcohol, they will NEVER quit no matter how much it costs or how much damage it does to their body and mind
big business sucks

Sutton, MA

#29 Jan 5, 2009
Public Outrage wrote:
Wow, 800 die from smoking related fires while roughly 400,000 die from smoking. What's wrong with this picture?
incorrect numbers, no one has ever proven that many smoking realted deaths
snowman allentown PA

Sellersville, PA

#30 Jan 5, 2009
I prefer that we have non-lying politicians. Tobacco is still legal, smoke it. You dogooders leave the rest of us alone. I may be tempted to slap your face if you try to make me "nice". If you really want to help stop pollution, die and we will be rid of your CO2(jackasses).

Since: Apr 07

Midway, FL

#31 Jan 5, 2009
When will the government stop hand-holding? I say let Darwin do his work. If people smoke and sleep, they deserve what they get. We do NOT need more laws on the books telling us, "Do not iron while wearing item to be ironed."

Can you say dumbing down of America?

“SECOND HAND SMOKE IS A JOKE ”

Since: Dec 08

tobacco road

#32 Jan 5, 2009
MyPerspective wrote:
When will the government stop hand-holding? I say let Darwin do his work. If people smoke and sleep, they deserve what they get. We do NOT need more laws on the books telling us, "Do not iron while wearing item to be ironed."
Can you say dumbing down of America?
can you say AGENDA 21..........The new world order according to the liberals and the united nations....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oklahoma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oklahoma State ID card Jun '15 worried 1
Vandergrift Music Thread Apr '15 Musikologist 1
Review: Stu's Truck And Auto Feb '15 James Martin 1
"... about my mother, I'm trying to get the fac... (Jan '15) Jan '15 DON MEEHAN 2
animal cruelty (Jan '15) Jan '15 Matlock 1
set to ban hoods are you kidding me? (Jan '15) Jan '15 BS10fold 1
Review: Cheka Co LLC (Mar '13) Jan '15 Not Surprised 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oklahoma Mortgages