LMAO

Muskogee, OK

#105 Oct 9, 2011
A BERR wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have unnecessary xrays. I would never allow a microwave in my home. I have LED television..but I don't HAVE idiot cable.
Being exposed TO WIRELESS TRANSMITTING SMART METER IS BY FORCE
and OPERATES 24 HOURS A DAY...
AND FORCING 3 WIRELESS TRANSMITTERS ON EVERY DWELLING
(if you have gas, water and electricity).
Who does have xrays that aren't necessary ? "my day consisted of, going to the grocery, post office, pharmacy and just for the hell of it I had an xray". Your above statement EXPLAINS ALL OF YOUR POSTS!!! Wow.........
A BERR

Oklahoma City, OK

#106 Oct 9, 2011
Journal: Advances in Electrical and Electronic Engineering

Issn: 18043119
EIssn:
Year: 2011
Volume: 3
Issue: 3
pages/rec.No: 46-47
Keywords Electromagnetic field ; modile phones ; interaction.

Advances in Electrical and Electronic Engineering

The physiological effects in case of lower frequencies are due to the induction of small currents and in the case
of higher frequencies due to the heat.

GSM consists of both lower frequencies (i.e. by pulse modulated frequencies) and higher frequencies (i.e. carrier wave) so that both
interact with human body. Recent research has indicated that the GSM pulse modulated radiation can cause various physiological effects such as changes in EEG pattern, alteration of the calcium balance in the nerve
tissue (it was experimentally investigated on rats), inhibition of cell growth in the human amniotic epithelium, changes in brain activity, inhibition of synthesis of melatonin in the epiphysis,(melatonin is a hormone that regulates our biological clock) and many
others. Reaction of single human beings to the exposure of EM fields depends on many factors such as immune system, organism´s adaptation, time period and frequency of absorbed EM field energy etc. As the three biological parameters available to measure the effects of GSM radiation on the human body i.e. the current density, the SAR, and the power density are difficult to measure directly in human body, there is the possibility to measure them in the immediate vicinity of the body or use simulation methods such as the FDTD method.
Orinshade

Oklahoma City, OK

#107 Oct 10, 2011
A BERR wrote:
Journal: Advances in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Issn: 18043119
EIssn:
Year: 2011
Volume: 3
Issue: 3
pages/rec.No: 46-47
Keywords Electromagnetic field ; modile phones ; interaction.
Advances in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
The physiological effects in case of lower frequencies are due to the induction of small currents and in the case
of higher frequencies due to the heat.
GSM consists of both lower frequencies (i.e. by pulse modulated frequencies) and higher frequencies (i.e. carrier wave) so that both
interact with human body. Recent research has indicated that the GSM pulse modulated radiation can cause various physiological effects such as changes in EEG pattern, alteration of the calcium balance in the nerve
tissue (it was experimentally investigated on rats), inhibition of cell growth in the human amniotic epithelium, changes in brain activity, inhibition of synthesis of melatonin in the epiphysis,(melatonin is a hormone that regulates our biological clock) and many
others. Reaction of single human beings to the exposure of EM fields depends on many factors such as immune system, organism´s adaptation, time period and frequency of absorbed EM field energy etc. As the three biological parameters available to measure the effects of GSM radiation on the human body i.e. the current density, the SAR, and the power density are difficult to measure directly in human body, there is the possibility to measure them in the immediate vicinity of the body or use simulation methods such as the FDTD method.
Oh my, did you copy and paste? It is so nice to see that people can regurgitate information and not have the first clue if it is relevant or not. Please someone slap this poor fool before he makes an even larger ass of himself. If you would like an educated explanation of how biological tissue reacts to RF (Radiofrequency Field), then please follow this link and read it to the end. http://engineering.dartmouth.edu/~Amir_H_Goln...
You may actually learn something. Such as, more study is needed to see if the Thermal (i.e. Direct contact the produces heat) mechanisms can produce problems. As for Non-Thermal here is a snippet from the Link above (mind I am sure you will completely disregard it since if comes from a complete reputable college).
Magnitude of the Energy of RF Photons
The energy of a photon of an electromagnetic wave is hn, where h is Planck’s constant. At a frequency of GHz, the photon energy is 4 meV, and therefore smaller than the energy, 1eV, required to ionise a typical molecule by a factor of approximately 2_105. So if exposure to RF fields were to damage DNA, it could not be a result of ionization or excitation due to the absorption of single photons nor through the simultaneous absorption of 2_105 photons since the probability of that is immeasurably small. So if damage to DNA was to occur as the result of the exposure, it would have to be through some other process.
So unless you have turbo charged your meter I think you are safe. The Smart meter work on a 900 MHz frequency. Just by simple math alone you can see that is a lot lower than 1GHz. So what was that old line…? Oh yeah, you do the math oh wise one.
linda

Oklahoma City, OK

#108 Oct 12, 2011
just got letter today from og&e that we are going to be getting smart meters installed sometime soon. is there anyway to get out of having one?
i think we all need to protest this like edmond is doing. i have heard enough to know that these are not safe for our health. believe me, they will cut off your power when it gets hot and they determine that you are using to much electicity!! not to mention the health problems being reported. this sucks. this is my property and i choose not to have a smart meter!!! go to hell government!!!!!
LMAO

Muskogee, OK

#109 Oct 12, 2011
linda wrote:
just got letter today from og&e that we are going to be getting smart meters installed sometime soon. is there anyway to get out of having one?
i think we all need to protest this like edmond is doing. i have heard enough to know that these are not safe for our health. believe me, they will cut off your power when it gets hot and they determine that you are using to much electicity!! not to mention the health problems being reported. this sucks. this is my property and i choose not to have a smart meter!!! go to hell government!!!!!
Linda, really? Cut your electricity off when it gets hot? Seriously. I love how some of you talk like you know what goes on. OGE doesnt have blackouts. Now, if they cannot produce enough electricity for the demand, they call their industrial customers and ask THEM to cut back on elec so the CONSUMER will not have to go without. THAT IS A FACT DARLIN'!!!!!!!!!
Orinshade

Oklahoma City, OK

#110 Oct 14, 2011
linda wrote:
just got letter today from og&e that we are going to be getting smart meters installed sometime soon. is there anyway to get out of having one?
i think we all need to protest this like edmond is doing. i have heard enough to know that these are not safe for our health. believe me, they will cut off your power when it gets hot and they determine that you are using to much electicity!! not to mention the health problems being reported. this sucks. this is my property and i choose not to have a smart meter!!! go to hell government!!!!!
Okay the polite response would be:
What if a customer doesn’t want a smart meter?
OG&E is legally responsible to provide electricity to all customers in our service territory.
That requirement includes providing electricity to a point on the home or business where a meter is set to measure energy use for billing purposes.
OG&E is installing smart meters as part of its effort to use energy more efficiently and to provide a way for customers to receive information to make more choices about using energy more efficiently.
The provider of our smart meter (General Electric-GE) is the same company that provides most of our other meters. The difference is the smart meter can communicate with OG&E via a secure, wireless network.
The reality is “please remove the Tin hat”. You are going to get a meter regardless if you want one or not. One thing you people keep forgetting is that the meter is OG&E property (Not Yours). They can do with them as they please and in the end when all of you hacks are forgotten about the meters you will find some new technology to worry about. Quite sad really, I wish I had that much free time.
I never realized how many conspiracy theorist we had in Oklahoma until I read this Blog. You people are funny (a tad delusional but funny). One other thing, could you please gather up your logic and explain something to me?(No go ahead I can wait)……………(No really, oh that is right your threw that out with the wash) Why would OG&E turn of your electricity during the hottest days of summer, when you are running you’re A/C till it is begging for a break; when they are making money off of you? Kind of defeats the purpose of sell electricity does it not? The so called health concerns really are not there is your would apply some common sense and a little bit of research to the matter. But, then we get back to the Big Bad Company trying to kill us line. Man that is so old and beaten, could we please get a new one.
Orinshade

Oklahoma City, OK

#111 Oct 14, 2011
That should read "if you would apply some commons sense" Sorry fo the Typo
smart meter health issues

Oklahoma City, OK

#112 Oct 14, 2011
og&e forced an install of this meter on my house, no opt out. Since, my family has been experiencing headaches, seizures, and general health decline. Our bill also went up which cant be blamed on an old meter as I had a newer meter installed 3 years before. We need an opt out of this program and I feel very sorry for those meter readers who have lost their jobs. Many states have an opt out now, but this wont happen unless we organize and force them to do so.. city by city.
very bad

Oklahoma City, OK

#113 Oct 14, 2011
Orinshade

Oklahoma City, OK

#114 Oct 14, 2011
very bad wrote:
http://www.smartmeterdangers.o rg/index.php/smart-meter-news/ 158-who-iarc-emf-carcinogenic- news
Interesting, when one goes to the direct source (the World Health Org) you cannot seem to find these finding. I wonder how that happened?
Orinshade

Oklahoma City, OK

#115 Oct 14, 2011
I am sorry I was able to find it after clicking on several link. Now after reading it let me give some tid bits from it.

Conclusions
Dr Jonathan Samet (University of Southern California, USA), overall Chairman of the Working Group, indicated that "the evidence, while still accumulating, is strong enough to support a conclusion and the 2B classification. The conclusion means that there could be some risk, and therefore we need to keep a close watch for a link between cell phones and cancer risk."

Hmmm did that say "Could be"?

"Given the potential consequences for public health of this classification and findings," said IARC Director Christopher Wild, "it is important that additional research be conducted into the long&#8208;term, heavy use of mobile phones. Pending the availability of such information, it is important to take pragmatic measures to reduce exposure such as hands&#8208;free devices or texting. "

Hmmm... Interesting....

After reading the whole thing, I don't seem to see any mention of Smart Meters. I see Cell Phone mentioned, but no Smart Meters. I wonder if that may have something to do with the fact that one does not strap a Meter to thier head. I think I see this going the way of the Egg. One day it is not good for you the next it is fine. Day after that is the spawn of satan, then the next it has great health beneifts.

So before I am taken to task for going to the report http://www.iarc.fr/en/media-centre/pr/2011/pd... Which that artical was based off, Please follow the information before you spew it back at others.
LMAO

Oklahoma City, OK

#116 Oct 14, 2011
smart meter health issues wrote:
og&e forced an install of this meter on my house, no opt out. Since, my family has been experiencing headaches, seizures, and general health decline. Our bill also went up which cant be blamed on an old meter as I had a newer meter installed 3 years before. We need an opt out of this program and I feel very sorry for those meter readers who have lost their jobs. Many states have an opt out now, but this wont happen unless we organize and force them to do so.. city by city.
Meter readers might have lost their particular POSITION in the company, but they are not UNEMPLOYED!!!!!! They were given other positions in the company. IF THEY ARE UNEMPLOYED, IT IS BY THEIR OWN CHOICE.

Maybe OGE should have an opt out plan just to keep the paranoids happy.
A BERR

Oklahoma City, OK

#117 Oct 17, 2011
I don't know about the rest of you, but the few people on here that think it's okay to forced us to accept $mart meters have had nothing to worthwhile to say. They talk like their from the World Wrestling Federation. Remember:“The WHO/ International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) has classified radiofrequency electromagnetic fields as possibly carcinogenic to humans (Group 2B), based on an increased risk for glioma, a malignant type of brain cancer, associated with wireless phone use.”
The classification is for "radiofrequency electromagnetic fields" is emitted by all wireless devices- Smart Meters, Wi-Fi cell towers, DECT and cordless phones.
Wireless transmitting Smart Meters operate 24 hours a day. Soon you’ll have 3 (water, gas and electricity) wireless transmitting devices called “Smart Meters” on your house, emitting bursts of radiofrequency electromagnetic fields 24 hours a day throughout your home. The walls of your house do not shield you from it. Your skin and bone do not shield you from it.
Smart Meters operate on pulsed microwave signals throughout our homes. It is the same RF (microwave) radiation as emitted by cell towers, cell phones, and Wi-Fi. This radiation does not just operate outside your home. It runs along electrical wires and has a "hand-shake" relationship with your indoor appliances, enabling an almost constant reading of how much electricity is being used.
I urge Americans to stand together and fight against the reckless forcing of smart meters on citizens of the USA.
LMAO

Muskogee, OK

#118 Oct 17, 2011
A BERR, you explained everything when you mentioned the world wrestling federation. Nice discussion. I can't compete when our arguments get linked to a soap opera. We have facts, and you are talking "professional" wrestling. Nice!
A BERR

Oklahoma City, OK

#119 Oct 18, 2011
Here's a copy and paste. Author unknown. I know the utility lackies jeer at copy and paste, but too bad. Who pays any attention to anything they say anyway?
"These meters are just a part of the worrisome exponential increase in electropollution, with consequences that may become severe in the decades to come.
History shows that the authorities are very slow to regulate any dangerous technology, and that the industry can be adept at delaying any government action for several decades using various tactics.

The examples of tobacco, lead, asbestos and many chemicals, drugs and food additives show that when the bottom line is threatened, the lives of the innocent are of little concern as long as there is no public outcry.

The telecommunication industry has been very active in preventing regulations of their products and installations. A master stroke is the provision in the Telecommunications Act of 1996 that forbids local authorities to consider health effects when siting cell phone towers.
When the city council of San Francisco in 2010 moved to require cell phone sale displays to disclose the radiation absorption levels, the industry objected strongly, and punished the city by relocating their large annual conference and expo.
The industry has also been very effective at keeping the debate focused on the heating effect on tissues, and away from what is called “the non-thermal effects”.
History shows that even though an industry is aware of the dangers, they continue to increase their sales if at all possible. In the case of cell phones, wireless networks and other gadgets, it will be very difficult to wean people off these convenient products, that have become entrenched in peoples’ daily lives. This is a mechanism the industry is undoubtedly well aware of.
As regulatory agencies are becoming less and less able to do their jobs due to politics and industry pressure, the public health now has to rely on the courts and public protest. There have been cases where federal judges simply had to order federal agencies to stop stalling and do their job.
At least smart meters will be less enticing to the public, so it will not be as difficult to restrict them, unless people see their electric bills go up.
There have been calls for a moratorium on further installations, while scientific studies are conducted.
Unfortunately, that argument is usually successful only when industry uses it to delay regulations. Scientific studies are also prone to “the funding effect”.
The vast majority of health studies funded by the cell phone industry show no health effects, while the majority of those independently funded do find effects."
LMAO

Muskogee, OK

#120 Oct 18, 2011
A BERR wrote:
Here's a copy and paste. Author unknown. I know the utility lackies jeer at copy and paste, but too bad. Who pays any attention to anything they say anyway?
"These meters are just a part of the worrisome exponential increase in electropollution, with consequences that may become severe in the decades to come.
History shows that the authorities are very slow to regulate any dangerous technology, and that the industry can be adept at delaying any government action for several decades using various tactics.
The examples of tobacco, lead, asbestos and many chemicals, drugs and food additives show that when the bottom line is threatened, the lives of the innocent are of little concern as long as there is no public outcry.
The telecommunication industry has been very active in preventing regulations of their products and installations. A master stroke is the provision in the Telecommunications Act of 1996 that forbids local authorities to consider health effects when siting cell phone towers.
When the city council of San Francisco in 2010 moved to require cell phone sale displays to disclose the radiation absorption levels, the industry objected strongly, and punished the city by relocating their large annual conference and expo.
The industry has also been very effective at keeping the debate focused on the heating effect on tissues, and away from what is called “the non-thermal effects”.
History shows that even though an industry is aware of the dangers, they continue to increase their sales if at all possible. In the case of cell phones, wireless networks and other gadgets, it will be very difficult to wean people off these convenient products, that have become entrenched in peoples’ daily lives. This is a mechanism the industry is undoubtedly well aware of.
As regulatory agencies are becoming less and less able to do their jobs due to politics and industry pressure, the public health now has to rely on the courts and public protest. There have been cases where federal judges simply had to order federal agencies to stop stalling and do their job.
At least smart meters will be less enticing to the public, so it will not be as difficult to restrict them, unless people see their electric bills go up.
There have been calls for a moratorium on further installations, while scientific studies are conducted.
Unfortunately, that argument is usually successful only when industry uses it to delay regulations. Scientific studies are also prone to “the funding effect”.
The vast majority of health studies funded by the cell phone industry show no health effects, while the majority of those independently funded do find effects."
A BERR..... You said it perfectly....author UNKNOWN!!!!! Could have been a term paper written by a high school senior?!?!?!
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

#121 Oct 19, 2011
lake hefner breeze wrote:
1) I am concerned about the microwave radiation that they broadcast into and around the home and the negative impact it can have on my family, friends, and pets. I have researched this and believe it can be detrimental.

2) The only way to actually reduce your bill with the smart meter is to change the times in which you use electricity the most, i.e. away from peak usage hours. So you better hope you don't have to do something drastic like turn on the heat

3) For the reasons I've stated I will refuse to allow this meter to be placed on my home.
1) Please place tin hats on your pets too to protect them.
No pet wants Martians to read their brains either.

2) You would prefer FREE electricity no doubt instead.
If you can't afford it, don't use it.

3) Try refusing to pay income tax and let us know
how that works out for you too. Have them disconnect
you in protest.
Orinshade

Oklahoma City, OK

#122 Oct 20, 2011
A BERR wrote:
I don't know about the rest of you, but the few people on here that think it's okay to forced us to accept $mart meters have had nothing to worthwhile to say. They talk like their from the World Wrestling Federation. Remember:“The WHO/ International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) has classified radiofrequency electromagnetic fields as possibly carcinogenic to humans (Group 2B), based on an increased risk for glioma, a malignant type of brain cancer, associated with wireless phone use.”
The classification is for "radiofrequency electromagnetic fields" is emitted by all wireless devices- Smart Meters, Wi-Fi cell towers, DECT and cordless phones.
Wireless transmitting Smart Meters operate 24 hours a day. Soon you’ll have 3 (water, gas and electricity) wireless transmitting devices called “Smart Meters” on your house, emitting bursts of radiofrequency electromagnetic fields 24 hours a day throughout your home. The walls of your house do not shield you from it. Your skin and bone do not shield you from it.
Smart Meters operate on pulsed microwave signals throughout our homes. It is the same RF (microwave) radiation as emitted by cell towers, cell phones, and Wi-Fi. This radiation does not just operate outside your home. It runs along electrical wires and has a "hand-shake" relationship with your indoor appliances, enabling an almost constant reading of how much electricity is being used.
I urge Americans to stand together and fight against the reckless forcing of smart meters on citizens of the USA.
A BERR, I have a few questions, have you ever eaten Pork, Chicken, or Beef? How about any vegetables that have been grown on a commercial farm in the USA? Maybe just anything that has been processed? If the answer to even one of the questions above is “YES” then you have already been exposed to Toxins, Hormones, Carcinogens’, and many other fun things that could give you crotch rot at best. Please remove yourself from the hippie band wagon. For your children’s sake if nothing less.(Oh please please please don’t let him have children).
The last that I checked when you were born they were not passing out guaranties that life would be fair. That might have something to do with the fact that life is not A) Fair or B) Safe. Welcome to the human condition. Now please put your Tin Hat on and move your tray into the upright position, it is going to be a bumpy ride.
As for how some of us speak, that may be due to the fact that some of us are educated. I know I know, that was a big word there. It means to have raised ones intelligence through study and research.(I love the word “electropolution”. Did you come up with that all by yourself?) Now you keep using the terms Microwaves and Radio Waves interchangeably. Please educate (oh there is that word again) yourself, I am really starting to feel quite sad for you. If ignorance is Bliss you must be Euphoric.
“Microwave and radio waves are light waves of different lengths on the same end of the electromagnetic spectrum. The other types of waves are infrared, visible light, ultraviolet, x-rays and gamma rays.”
Now the Short bursts you are referring to are the ones most commonly used in Radar. They are used this way to create an Echo effect.(Smart Meters do not need an echo effect; OG&E is not hunting Nazi’s) Smart Meter work off of Radio Waves (not Micro Wave Bursts).
If you would like to continue the science lesson please keep posting incorrect information, I just love to correct people. Especially in a public forum where you can look like a down home, banjo strumming hick (with a tin hat). Um Just one last question, Does your Family tree fork?
PS. You know that computer you are sitting at right now reading this on….. It generates an Electromagnetic Field as well… Think about it.
PSS. You know that little red light on your T.V. It is a camera,“They are Watching You”… Sleep well…
linda

Oklahoma City, OK

#123 Oct 21, 2011
why aren't we in okc, ok protesting this?? edmond people have a lawyer, and they have been able to put it on hole. where are our rights?? this crap makes me soooooo angry!!! the og&e guy was just here and he said that there is a customer service # that is automated that he can give to me, but has been told that you don't ever get to speak to a live person. wow, thank-you og&e!!
tin foil hat

Lexington, OK

#124 Oct 22, 2011

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oklahoma City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OK Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Joyce 2,720
OK The "English is the Official Language of Oklaho... (Oct '10) 1 hr Joyce 11,303
OK OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 1 hr Joyce 76,139
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) 3 hr lucie_txx 157
Members Of OKC Mosque Speak Out Against Alton N... 3 hr Rabbeen Al Jihad 3
Woman's Body Found In Dumpster In Oklahoma City (Feb '07) 23 hr Heartbroke 869
Barack Hussein Obama = Real Manchurian Candidate? Sun LOL 14

Oklahoma City Jobs

Oklahoma City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Oklahoma City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Oklahoma City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]