OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Mcloud Proud

Newalla, OK

#44280 Jun 27, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>I honestly for the life of me do not understand why any true American would be against this. Why they see this is a no brainer.I HAVE ALWAYS SAID I thought at any level that a person is voting for that a picture ID should be mandatory. It has nothing to do with race, or whether you are a man or woman, or what religion. or what party you belong to or how much money a person makes. It says I am legally a United States Citizen and voting is a US citizen's right.
lol. Why should a right have a price tag put on it?
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#44281 Jun 27, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>I honestly for the life of me do not understand why any true American would be against this. Why they see this is a no brainer.I HAVE ALWAYS SAID I thought at any level that a person is voting for that a picture ID should be mandatory.

It says I am legally a United States Citizen and voting is a US citizen's right.
Yes, voting should require a mandatory picture ID.
We all know that the divine founding fathers wrote
that into the Constitution twice. Many veterans have
died to preserve our freedom to require a picture ID.
I think a pocket sized flag should be required too
( handy for the nose ).

Let freedom ring ! Don't listen if you ain't got
a government issued picture ID ( or can speak any
foreign language ).
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#44282 Jun 27, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to disappoint you but it is a nice restaurant called Inter Urban with a bar area that you can order any Alcohol drink you want. Serves any thing you want to eat.
100% ground chuck hamburgers, how delightful.
And French fries and beer, how charming.
Now that's fine dining in so many ways.

Do you have a table always held open for you
there ? It's costly to have a table for 6 held
open permanently at a restaurant in Southlake,
but it's very impressive.

Fine dining takes on an entirely new meaning
when it's connected to whom you bring to eat.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44283 Jun 27, 2013
Mcloud Proud wrote:
<quoted text>lol. Why should a right have a price tag put on it?
What price tag are you referring to? Then If it does it is probably because there so many out there abusing and taking advantage of the US citizens rights.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44284 Jun 27, 2013
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, voting should require a mandatory picture ID.
We all know that the divine founding fathers wrote
that into the Constitution twice. Many veterans have
died to preserve our freedom to require a picture ID.
I think a pocket sized flag should be required too
( handy for the nose ).
Let freedom ring ! Don't listen if you ain't got
a government issued picture ID ( or can speak any
foreign language ).
Well if there weren't people out there stepping on people rights of being a legally US citizen we would not have to take steps to protect the rights the Founding Fathers set up for this country in the Constitution.

GOOD MORNING---hope your day will be a profit since that the only thing that makes you happy!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44285 Jun 27, 2013
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
Well when we decided to do the hamburger thing our nite started out to get the hamburger and a what ever kind of drink then go to our grandson's basket ball game. But the game got cancelled so we still did the hamburger thing and a few beers. So what the H3LL is your problem with this hamburger thing? You sure can pick on some of the dumbest thing.
I know people that can buy and sell you in a New York minute and enjoy all things and just being with people. People that work as hard as you trying to sell yourself as being so much better than the rest of the world usually are not! If it is true you are well off your money does not impress me but if you had a better attitude would. Now I realize you don't care what I think! OH WELL!
DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#44286 Jun 27, 2013
WASHINGTON — CIA operatives and U.S. special operations troops have been secretly training Syrian rebels with anti-tank and antiaircraft weapons since late last year, months before President Obama approved plans to begin directly arming them, according to U.S. officials and rebel commanders.

The covert U.S. training at bases in Jordan and Turkey, along with Obama's decision this month to supply arms and ammunition to the rebels, has raised hope among the beleaguered Syrian opposition that Washington ultimately will provide heavier weapons as well. So far, the rebels say they lack the weapons they need to regain the offensive in the country's bitter civil war.
DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#44287 Jun 27, 2013
The IRS’ auditor told Congress this week that it stands by its determination that conservative groups were uniquely singled out for special scrutiny by the tax agency, rebutting Democrats’ contention that liberal groups also were targeted.

The Treasury Department’s inspector general for tax administration (TIGTA) sent a letter Wednesday to congressional Democrats telling them that while several liberal groups may have gotten extra scrutiny, the IRS didn’t necessarily target those — but it did do so for conservative groups.

“TIGTA concluded that inappropriate criteria were used to identify potential political cases for extra scrutiny — specifically, the criteria listed in our audit report. From our audit work, we did not find evidence that the criteria you identified, labeled “Progressives,” were used by the IRS to select potential political cases during the 2010 to 2012 timeframe we audited,” Inspector General J. Russell George said.

He said that while 30 percent of groups that had the word “progressive” in their name were given extra scrutiny, 100 percent of groups with “tea party,”“patriot” or “9/12” in their names were pulled out for strict scrutiny, which involved what the IRS since has said were invasive and inappropriate questions.

Democrats have argued that the IRS’ scrutiny of applications for tax-exempt status hit both ideological sides equally, which would cut at the GOP’s argument that it was politically motivated. Instead, Democrats have said the scrutiny is the natural result of a jump in applications after campaign finance rules changed following the Supreme Court’s ruling in the Citizens United case.

But Mr. George’s letter suggests that’s not the case.

“While we have multiple sources of information corroborating the use of tea party and other related criteria we described in our report, including employee interviews, e-mails, and other documents, we found no indication in any of these other materials that ‘progressives’ was a term used to refer cases for scrutiny for political campaign intervention,” Mr. George wrote.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44288 Jun 27, 2013
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
I will agree that fine dining takes on an entirely new meaning when it's connected to whom you bring to eat. Fine dining would be better if I brought a homeless person to dine with rather than sitting with you. Your bitchie attitude would ruin the meal!
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#44289 Jun 27, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>
So what the H3LL is your problem with this hamburger thing? You sure can pick on some of the dumbest thing.

I know people that can buy and sell you in a New York minute and enjoy all things and just being with people.
You're right it's just a dumb innocent hamburger.
It's the dumb people who eat them I abhor.

Tell me more about the ' New York minute '.
That is such a old cliché.

I have no interest in being with the just the people.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44290 Jun 27, 2013
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I hate to let you in on this but You are probably spending time on here with "just the people". And if you actually do have money I would be willing to bet the only reason someone is eating with you is you are buying and they are not.
No different between a hamburger and a steak except one is ground up and the other not. But both come from COWS!
Let me blow you away with this---I hate hot dogs but if there is an open fire and we roast hot dogs and marshmallows I have fun doing that also. I love a Mic Ultra with that also. Now chew on that for awhile!
DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#44291 Jun 27, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Well I hate to let you in on this but You are probably spending time on here with "just the people". And if you actually do have money I would be willing to bet the only reason someone is eating with you is you are buying and they are not.
No different between a hamburger and a steak except one is ground up and the other not. But both come from COWS!
Let me blow you away with this---I hate hot dogs but if there is an open fire and we roast hot dogs and marshmallows I have fun doing that also. I love a Mic Ultra with that also. Now chew on that for awhile!
Lime Mic Ultras are good! Especially on a really hot day.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44292 Jun 27, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
<quoted text>
Lime Mic Ultras are good! Especially on a really hot day.
Yep I agree! Now my Hubby is a Bud Lite person. In a pinch I'll drink it.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44293 Jun 27, 2013
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I forgot you probably prefer fish now wouldn't you? That special way you catch them and your fine Eating place cooks for you and all
your friends.
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#44294 Jun 27, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>
You are probably spending time on here with "just the people".

I love a Mic Ultra with that also. Now chew on that for awhile!
A few minutes is worth the time here.
It's slumming for the mind.

A good steak is not hamburger meat.
That should be apparent to anyone who's had one
even once. Hooves, dung and tongues come from cows
to. Hamburger is in the same class.
A1 Sauce can't help you.

Michelob Ultra ( learn big words ) is only beer.
Tell me more about ' chew on that '. It's so
original.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#44295 Jun 27, 2013
Mcloud Proud wrote:
<quoted text>lol. Why should a right have a price tag put on it?
What right. Does the constitution grant you health care or just fig newtons?

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#44296 Jun 27, 2013
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Texan that is all mouth and no brains, just like their Football teams.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44297 Jun 27, 2013
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
A few minutes is worth the time here.
It's slumming for the mind.
A good steak is not hamburger meat.
That should be apparent to anyone who's had one
even once. Hooves, dung and tongues come from cows
to. Hamburger is in the same class.
A1 Sauce can't help you.
Michelob Ultra ( learn big words ) is only beer.
Tell me more about ' chew on that '. It's so
original.
OH MY the big NEWS of the DAY from WFO is Michelob Ultra is only BEER! Guess what I like Pepsi and it is only POP also!

You are so full of Shit! And I only post to you because you are so funny and I like to see what kind of off the wall crap you come up to sell yourself as someone being A Big Me I. Sorry you are not to good at that!
DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#44298 Jun 27, 2013
Earlier this year, President Obama signed a set of executive orders targeting gun violence in the wake of the Sandy Hook shootings. Among them was an edict commanding the CDC to do a comprehensive survey of studies regarding guns and gun violence in the United States. Clearly, once the CDC produced the hard evidence that the US was a violent nation of wild-west shootouts, the American people would be eager to approve and fund future research while embracing strict gun control legislation.

At least that was the plan. The study, which was compiled by the Institute of Medicine and National Research Council under the CDC's direction, was recently completed and released. The anti-gun crowd has been awfully quiet about it. Could it be that it didn't support their bogus hypothesis?

In a word, Yes. The CDC's numbers basically back every pro-gun rights argument made over the course of the last year.

First and foremost, the majority of annual gun-related deaths are due to suicide, not crime.

The study finds that "Between the years 2000-2010 firearm-related suicides significantly outnumbered homicides for all age groups, annually accounting for 61 percent of the more than 335,600 people who died from firearms related violence in the United States.”

While this is still a depressing statistic, it supports gun-rights advocates' claims that the country has a mental health problem, not a gun owner problem. In fact, the study found that those who own guns, carry them, and fight back against criminals are actually fare better in dangerous situations.

The report notes that virtually all studies which "assessed the effect of actual defensive uses of guns” found the same thing. There are "consistently lower injury rates among gun-using crime victims compared with victims who used other self-protective strategies.”

But self-defense with a firearm is incredibly uncommon. After all, that's what the lefties are always telling us, so it must be true. Right?

Wrong.

The CDC report finds that "Defensive use of guns by crime victims is a common occurrence." In fact, while exact statistics are hard to come by, the report indicates that "Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million per year, in the context of about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008."

So, there's as much as a 10 to 1 ratio of defensive firearm use vs. offensive use, though admittedly the 3 million figure is probably a bit high.
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#44299 Jun 27, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>
I like to see what kind of off the wall crap you come up to sell yourself as someone being A Big Me I. Sorry you are not to good at that!
I've never bragged on my endowment.
Women really are more impressed by
wealth. It's nice to be sought after
and not sold.

The attention comes to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oklahoma City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ashley Price: OCOM worker 3 hr Dundee 13
Drugs 16 hr ThisGirl 2
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) 17 hr Troward 587
is it just me Sep 22 is it just me 1
Pain Help Needed ?? Get Medications without Scr... Sep 21 Valdez1 1
Do men wear women's panties (Jan '12) Sep 21 Pantie man 101
Too many blacks in OKC (Jan '12) Sep 21 Anne 196

Oklahoma City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance