OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,595 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

OnlyInAmerica

United States

#34184 Nov 15, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
WMCOL and Dusty
I guess you like taking turns to bat Tamara around.
Guess you didn't notice the vote here in Oklahoma. Did you think Tamara was going to vote Obama? I didn't.
Okies are going to have to be shown. Big surprise. I mean this is the Bible belt after all. Churches on every street corner. And the newest biggest building in OKC is a phallic symbol for Big Oil.
Oklahoma is fly over country. Always has been. I don't worry about it. One thing is they hate to be on a losing team. Eventually even Texas is turning blue in a lot of cities and so goes Oklahoma, eventually.
I'm not worried about Tamara or even some of the others, even Misty! Obamacare is to new and to frightening to a place that doesn't accept change to easily. But their not going anywhere. The next 2 years until the next election and they see the Dems aren't going to stay at home for that election again.
We've learned our lesson and here come 2016 and it will go Dem again.
Tamara will make the right choice in the long run, she just has to be shown. That's alright.
Their candidate didn't win and being nasty and rubbing it in sure doesn't help. At all. You could be more understanding and gracious.
Debating current events is on the menu now or it should be. Beating them over the head after the loss is stupid and a waste of time.
Ron Paul understands the death of America. Many didn't agree with everything he said but Americans will finally see many of the warnings he said in 1976 till yesterday on the floor which he proclaimed would probably be his last speech there...that American Freedom will continue to die as big government takes over and we the people will suffer greatly. FEMA didn't save the people of NJ,NY even the Red Cross was MIA two weeks after the incident happened for folks on Staten Island. But not to worry Obama is meeting again today with "officials" at a FEMA CENTER and he is doing a fly over of the devastated areas. Plenty of photo ops and after he's gone, the people will continue to suffer. NJ refused help from non-union licensed crews who came within hrs of the storm abating to help fellow Americans but were denied entrance because they were non-unionized journeymen. The ridiculousness continues...

Ron Paul deserves to retire in peace he fought with conviction and purpose, integrity something so lacking in society and especially in Congress. How very sad for him to see his warnings coming true so fast, his heart must bleed for his grandchildren...

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#34185 Nov 15, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
You're full of it. I can read what they're saying all over the internet. I can see video all over the bible belt. I hear about Mary Failing bragging about being the reddest of the red states. They aren't changing. And you're a fool to think they will. They haven't since statehood. They're hicks.
==========
Exacto! Will never forget when I came back to Oklahoma from california and was trying to bring a little progress and a better way of lift to the little community I grew up in, but was constantly met with unreasonable, illogical opposition.

I asked my brother who had dealt with these people all his life what could I do to reach them? He said, "shoot them", and he went on to something else. That puzzled me because my brother is a highly educated and accomplished person.

Sometime later I began to understand what he meant; "They aren't changing". Change if it comes, will be very slow and take many generations. These people take great pride in their ignorance and backwardness and love to display it.

Location hidden

#34186 Nov 15, 2012
OnlyInAmerica wrote:
<quoted text>
Ron Paul understands the death of America. Many didn't agree with everything he said but Americans will finally see many of the warnings he said in 1976 till yesterday on the floor which he proclaimed would probably be his last speech there...that American Freedom will continue to die as big government takes over and we the people will suffer greatly. FEMA didn't save the people of NJ,NY even the Red Cross was MIA two weeks after the incident happened for folks on Staten Island. But not to worry Obama is meeting again today with "officials" at a FEMA CENTER and he is doing a fly over of the devastated areas. Plenty of photo ops and after he's gone, the people will continue to suffer. NJ refused help from non-union licensed crews who came within hrs of the storm abating to help fellow Americans but were denied entrance because they were non-unionized journeymen. The ridiculousness continues...
Ron Paul deserves to retire in peace he fought with conviction and purpose, integrity something so lacking in society and especially in Congress. How very sad for him to see his warnings coming true so fast, his heart must bleed for his grandchildren...
==========
Ron Paul is a little late. His heart should have been bleeding big time in 2000 and 2004 and we would not have the problems we have today, and wouldn't have a minority of the nation expecting miracles from a black man to fix it all in a few years. It's like expecting President Obama to tell how many bubbles are in a bar of soap. Not possible.
OnlyInAmerica

United States

#34187 Nov 15, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Ron Paul is a little late. His heart should have been bleeding big time in 2000 and 2004 and we would not have the problems we have today, and wouldn't have a minority of the nation expecting miracles from a black man to fix it all in a few years. It's like expecting President Obama to tell how many bubbles are in a bar of soap. Not possible.
You FAILED to read the post. It clearly stated since 1976, long before 2000 or 2004.
OnlyInAmerica

United States

#34188 Nov 15, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
A black man? How curious, isn't President Obama a result of a white woman and a black man's union? So he is just as much WHITE and he is BLACK. Is that not correct?

Why do you continue to refer to him as a black man? Why give him a label or distinction on that level? Is that how you see him?

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#34189 Nov 15, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Exacto! Will never forget when I came back to Oklahoma from california and was trying to bring a little progress and a better way of lift to the little community I grew up in, but was constantly met with unreasonable, illogical opposition.
I asked my brother who had dealt with these people all his life what could I do to reach them? He said, "shoot them", and he went on to something else. That puzzled me because my brother is a highly educated and accomplished person.
Sometime later I began to understand what he meant; "They aren't changing". Change if it comes, will be very slow and take many generations. These people take great pride in their ignorance and backwardness and love to display it.
The dumbing down of America is on purpose. It's easier to control dumb people than educated people. Even the dumbest of the dumb will question obvious wrong if they have some education. This nation continues to lower education levels. If the Bible Belt was on the bottom in education from the start (and they were) then it only stands to reason that they will continue to lead the charge into their own demise. It is what it is. Hicks. Tamara doesn't get it. She may be a salt of the earth type and I suspect she is, but she takes everything personal, refuses to see the forest for the trees and in doing so becomes an enabler of the demise.
OnlyInAmerica

United States

#34190 Nov 15, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
You missed the point.
The COUNTRY is worthy of strong criticism and despite it's many shortcomings you are not willing to to acknowledge and condemn them.
In other words you are not willing to take the first step toward making the COUNTRY better, that is recognizing and acknowledging the shortcomings and their uniqueness to AMERICA. You are an enabler.
READ AND COMPREHEND, I changed three words to your previous post. I hope your educated brother and you have prepared if not what good was your education, your intellect, if you can't "weather" the storm coming you way?

Location hidden

#34191 Nov 15, 2012
OnlyInAmerica wrote:
<quoted text>
You FAILED to read the post. It clearly stated since 1976, long before 2000 or 2004.
==========
Nothing was so damaging as the elections of 2000 and 2004. During that time the national debt mre than doubled and the Constitution had the biggest assault on it. Rights denied that may never come back.

The GOP Congress passed a Spending Measure in lieu of Budget in an attempt to cover-up the damage. But will have to say Bush did not want it. He wanted to show the actual debt in a budget and was not interesting in making his debt look like it was Obama's. The Republicans would not hear of it. They were right, Most folks bought into the deception, but it was not enough for GOP to win 2012. Not as many fools as they thoght.

Location hidden

#34192 Nov 15, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Nothing was so damaging as the elections of 2000 and 2004. During that time the national debt mre than doubled and the Constitution had the biggest assault on it. Rights denied that may never come back.
The GOP Congress passed a Spending Measure in lieu of Budget in an attempt to cover-up the damage. But will have to say Bush did not want it. He wanted to show the actual debt in a budget and was not interesting in making his debt look like it was Obama's. The Republicans would not hear of it. They were right, Most folks bought into the deception, but it was not enough for GOP to win 2012. Not as many fools as they thoght.
While every administration since Truman has raided social security funds, nobody ever raided them like Bush II did. One year he claimed the deficit was 1.7 trillion dollars when in fact he got 800 billion from social security. IN ONE YEAR. His actual deficit was 2.4 trillion. And never took less than 400 billion. Every single year for 8 years. For the right wing to talk about spending after Bush II is like a skunk accusing a mouse of stinking up the place.

Location hidden

#34193 Nov 15, 2012
OnlyInAmerica wrote:
<quoted text>
READ AND COMPREHEND, I changed three words to your previous post. I hope your educated brother and you have prepared if not what good was your education, your intellect, if you can't "weather" the storm coming you way?
==========
It's never been about me weathering a storm, nor fantasizing about one coming.

If I knew a storm is coming, like you do, I would get a tent and put a rag around my head and tell fortunes.
OnlyInAmerica

United States

#34194 Nov 15, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
It's never been about me weathering a storm, nor fantasizing about one coming.
If I knew a storm is coming, like you do, I would get a tent and put a rag around my head and tell fortunes.
Fantasy is the story in your head telling you it isn't coming. All the building blocks of a perfect storm are in place each piece drawing nearer as the clock ticks away.

-Consumer Prices are rising

-jobs are declining

-housing market is "far from being out of the woods" (Ben Bernanke)

-manufacturing reports negative

-Euro Zone has slipped into recession

This is all BEFORE the new tax rates are implemented and BEFORE the new HealthCare law is implemented. Full implementation 2014.

Don't knock tents we have people right now in America calling that "home".

Location hidden

#34195 Nov 15, 2012
OnlyInAmerica wrote:
<quoted text>
Fantasy is the story in your head telling you it isn't coming. All the building blocks of a perfect storm are in place each piece drawing nearer as the clock ticks away.
-Consumer Prices are rising
-jobs are declining
-housing market is "far from being out of the woods" (Ben Bernanke)
-manufacturing reports negative
-Euro Zone has slipped into recession
This is all BEFORE the new tax rates are implemented and BEFORE the new HealthCare law is implemented. Full implementation 2014.
Don't knock tents we have people right now in America calling that "home".
==========
Had the same things many times before. Nothing now that indicates anything but business and economic cycles. Only thing different this time is the President is black.

Location hidden

#34196 Nov 15, 2012
OnlyInAmerica wrote:
<quoted text>
A black man? How curious, isn't President Obama a result of a white woman and a black man's union? So he is just as much WHITE and he is BLACK. Is that not correct?
Why do you continue to refer to him as a black man? Why give him a label or distinction on that level? Is that how you see him?
==========

>>>Why do you continue to refer to him as a black man?<<<

Ever heard of the one-drop-rule?
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#34197 Nov 15, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't listen to them Tamara. No one can do a thing about Oklahoma politics, Dem or Repub as long as the tentacles of big oil control this state. Pretty much all you have is one vote like the rest of us.
It's just a matter of reading and staying on top of issues. There is no magic bullet for education. The sad part of it is being in a school system that has a large base of high price homes so they have a better tax base to support the school system.
But no matter what it come back to the parents and the student. Involved parents with even a half way motivated student makes all the difference.
Oklahoma will swing back and forth. People will vote out the Repubs after another term and Dems will come back.
The thing is jobs and getting a large employer here, until we achieve that we will stay on the same course we are on.
Yep you hit the nail on the head.
What many donot under stand is it is not only the systems job to educate are kids. But it also has to be in the home. Parents need to take some kind of interest in what is going on in their school. The parents also needs to know the teachers that are involved in teaching their kids. Now days with the computer age in most schools there is inter-action between teaches and parents. At least here in Edmond. If one of my sons kids start to screw up at school they get an email from that teacher. Then my sons and daughter-in-law start handling at home and get the kids back on track. But the government also needs to put more money into the school system and make sure it is being use in the right way and not paying out for high salaries to superindents and principals. But in most cases the school board sets these peoples salaries and I for one donot think this is right.

Hope things are going good your way!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#34198 Nov 15, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
You missed the point.
The state is worthy of strong criticism and despite it's many shortcomings you are not willing to to acknowledge and condemn them.
In other words you are not willing to take the first step toward making the state better, that is recognizing and acknowledging the shortcomings and their uniqueness to Oklahoma. You are an enabler.
So what the heck do you do to actually make things better here in Oklahoma besides sitting on here and telling me I am the problem, and that I donot see where Oklahoma needs to improve.

Location hidden

#34199 Nov 15, 2012
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>So what the heck do you do to actually make things better here in Oklahoma besides sitting on here and telling me I am the problem, and that I donot see where Oklahoma needs to improve.
You are the problem. And all the people just like you who choose to say "we're good people" when the taxpayers of California and New York and 6 other states have to literally support your roads, your bridges, your highways. PAY YOUR OWN WAY then brag about what good people you are. You're no different than the people you constantly complain about. You just take your welfare to run your state.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#34200 Nov 15, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the problem. And all the people just like you who choose to say "we're good people" when the taxpayers of California and New York and 6 other states have to literally support your roads, your bridges, your highways. PAY YOUR OWN WAY then brag about what good people you are. You're no different than the people you constantly complain about. You just take your welfare to run your state.
No I AM NOT! The governor nor anyone else in government ask my opinion about getting money for roads, bridges or highways. So you SIR go suck an egg!

Location hidden

#34201 Nov 15, 2012
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>No I AM NOT! The governor nor anyone else in government ask my opinion about getting money for roads, bridges or highways. So you SIR go suck an egg!
Oh yes you are. Just like WMCOL says you live in denial of what a parasite state you live in. You refuse to admit to the disaster that the GOP has wrecked on your state, you voted GOP despite knowing Romney was going to raise middle class taxes and lower the rich's taxes AGAIN and you are opposed to health care for the working class poor. You are most definitely part of Oklahoma's problems.

Location hidden

#34202 Nov 15, 2012
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>No I AM NOT! The governor nor anyone else in government ask my opinion about getting money for roads, bridges or highways. So you SIR go suck an egg!
==========
They asked for your opinion by asking for your vote.

You gave your opinion to the governor and the other elected officials by voting for them. Just like you gave your opinion to Romney with you vote. He is now talking like you by going about saying Obama bought his votes with promises of fabulous gifts to that 47% base who want something for nothing, and that is just not true.

BTW, Obama won 8 of the 10 wealthiest counties in the nation.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#34203 Nov 15, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
You're full of it. I can read what they're saying all over the internet. I can see video all over the bible belt. I hear about Mary Failing bragging about being the reddest of the red states. They aren't changing. And you're a fool to think they will. They haven't since statehood. They're hicks.
You can find hicks in every state of the Union, even California.

That's the thing about evolution and adaption, it rare to witness, but that doesn't mean it's not happening.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oklahoma City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
So Oklahoma is 1 billion in the hole. Feb 5 WarForOil 17
Sheriff Mike booth DA Smotherman Dirty scumbags Feb 4 Out for Justices 2
News Oklahoma Lawmakers Push Social Agendas Amid Bud... Feb 4 SirAndrew 4
Go Bernie Sanders Victory USA! Feb 4 The Middle Class 1
Church of the First Born....Cult and Apostate (Apr '08) Feb 4 Everyones A Critic 1,697
Sheriff Mike Booth is a Thief Real Estate Fraud Feb 4 Out for Justices 6
Too many blacks in OKC (Jan '12) Feb 4 DeezNuts 191
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oklahoma City Mortgages