OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,595 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: May 12

Tulsa, OK

#21267 Jun 16, 2012
I have "consistly" faulted Obama for spending? Care to show me where? I have said very little about Obama spending. Recently I remarked about small business spending and you jump up in arms I'm talking about Obama.

So far you seem to be the King of straw man arguements. Your entire post is based on straw man arguements...with maybe one or two sentances of opinion. You want to tell people what they should think....I don't tell you what you should think.

This topix thread has one republican as far as I can tell...and 2 who are dems or liberals. When Heat says something I don't need to debate him because you three do just fine.

You need to get a grip. This is politics...not character assination. You want to make generalizations like you somehow know the future you'll be called on it.

For the record and especially you Dusty...as a matter of fact why don't you copy and paste it so you'll remember...yes..spending needs to be cut...from the military, from entitlements, and from subsidies. Yes...taxes need to be raised on the rich. Yes we need workfare and not handouts.

Who is the president Dusty? It's not GW...It's not Romney...it's Obama. That's what's happening right now. I don't give a flying rats ass what happened 5 years ago, and what happens 5 years from now nobody knows. Not even you. Your opinion that any republican is just like GW is as silly as all democrats are like Carter. You want to limit your inteligence to arguements like that you lost your credibility and I don't give a damn what you think of mine. I can think for myself and I have a right to my opinions and if my not jumping on the Obama bandwagon is how you judge me then your as shallow as they come.

I consider and value your opinions as much as I do Minutes, WMCOL, Heat, and others. But I'm not going to base my decisions on what anyone thinks I should.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#21268 Jun 16, 2012
Who Is Obama wrote:
I have "consistly" faulted Obama for spending? Care to show me where? I have said very little about Obama spending. Recently I remarked about small business spending and you jump up in arms I'm talking about Obama.
So far you seem to be the King of straw man arguements. Your entire post is based on straw man arguements...with maybe one or two sentances of opinion. You want to tell people what they should think....I don't tell you what you should think.
This topix thread has one republican as far as I can tell...and 2 who are dems or liberals. When Heat says something I don't need to debate him because you three do just fine.
You need to get a grip. This is politics...not character assination. You want to make generalizations like you somehow know the future you'll be called on it.
For the record and especially you Dusty...as a matter of fact why don't you copy and paste it so you'll remember...yes..spending needs to be cut...from the military, from entitlements, and from subsidies. Yes...taxes need to be raised on the rich. Yes we need workfare and not handouts.
Who is the president Dusty? It's not GW...It's not Romney...it's Obama. That's what's happening right now. I don't give a flying rats ass what happened 5 years ago, and what happens 5 years from now nobody knows. Not even you. Your opinion that any republican is just like GW is as silly as all democrats are like Carter. You want to limit your inteligence to arguements like that you lost your credibility and I don't give a damn what you think of mine. I can think for myself and I have a right to my opinions and if my not jumping on the Obama bandwagon is how you judge me then your as shallow as they come.
I consider and value your opinions as much as I do Minutes, WMCOL, Heat, and others. But I'm not going to base my decisions on what anyone thinks I should.
You're a right winger. All there is to it. There is no room in trying to save America for those who vote for the like of Mitt Romney. That's as stupid a vote as voting for Sarah Palin. They're both idiots who sell out at the drop of a hat. I don't care what you think of me and your accusations of "straw man arguement" is the same as Minute makes and she's an extremist, just on the other side. When an extremists can't defend their own accusations and rhetoric they drag out the "straw man" slur. Whatever. You don't value my opinion. You don't value any opinion. You're voting party line. And that's what's wrong with America. As much as I dislike Obama, I will vote for Obama because I'm not quite ready to give up the entire country to Wall Street. If I'm wrong we get another 4 years of Obama treading water. If you're wrong, the American public will lose another 40% of their wealth just like because of Bush.

You're a very VERY politically ignorant person. You continually use the excuse "what happened five years ago doesn't matter". IT MATTERS EVERYTHING. WHEELS WERE SET IN MOTION TO TAKE THIS COUNTRY DOWN TO IT'S KNEES BACK IN THE REAGAN YEARS AND IT'S GETTING WORSE EVERY SINGLE4 YEARS due to the GOP selling out the American workers. One man standing against Corporate America and the ultra rich cannot stop them. One man standing with Corporate America and the ultra rich can hasten the demise by 10fold. Romney is Wall Street's boy and even the blind CAN see that. But not the right wingers. Welcome to the world of the extremist.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#21269 Jun 16, 2012
Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok then, I vote with you and if the Black Community wants to take your Economy and move off like so many others have then all I can say is load, be careful and have a safe trip. Write us sometime and let us know how it all works out but... you have to take Al and Jesse with your crew. I don't care how much those 2 can steal a month but you can have it. Don't take any Wooden Italian Euro's, LOL.
Best Wishes, Stay Safe
Almost rivals Italion Economy?
The Italian economy will scarcely be any bigger at the end of 2012 than at the start. Lack of growth is the main reason why. It was true that its banks were not rocked in the same way as those in America or Britain. But, heavily dependent on exports, Italy suffered more than most from the downturn in global trade that followed. In 2009 Italy’s GDP shrank by 5.2%.
Question: If you all secede and move off, what happens if it continues to rival Italy?
Will you all come back or should we just sell your old home place? Just asking.
==========
They're not leaving their country, they will stay right here in the good old USA and try to make it better and pool their massive economical resource to create their own airlines, hotels, restaurants, schools, political organizations, social institutions and businesses across the USA where they can patronize their own economy and institutions.

Thought you were all for being self-sufficient. You just don't like it when it comes to blacks. Ruins your stereotypes, huh?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#21270 Jun 16, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a right winger. All there is to it. There is no room in trying to save America for those who vote for the like of Mitt Romney. That's as stupid a vote as voting for Sarah Palin. They're both idiots who sell out at the drop of a hat. I don't care what you think of me and your accusations of "straw man arguement" is the same as Minute makes and she's an extremist, just on the other side. When an extremists can't defend their own accusations and rhetoric they drag out the "straw man" slur. Whatever. You don't value my opinion. You don't value any opinion. You're voting party line. And that's what's wrong with America. As much as I dislike Obama, I will vote for Obama because I'm not quite ready to give up the entire country to Wall Street. If I'm wrong we get another 4 years of Obama treading water. If you're wrong, the American public will lose another 40% of their wealth just like because of Bush.
You're a very VERY politically ignorant person. You continually use the excuse "what happened five years ago doesn't matter". IT MATTERS EVERYTHING. WHEELS WERE SET IN MOTION TO TAKE THIS COUNTRY DOWN TO IT'S KNEES BACK IN THE REAGAN YEARS AND IT'S GETTING WORSE EVERY SINGLE4 YEARS due to the GOP selling out the American workers. One man standing against Corporate America and the ultra rich cannot stop them. One man standing with Corporate America and the ultra rich can hasten the demise by 10fold. Romney is Wall Street's boy and even the blind CAN see that. But not the right wingers. Welcome to the world of the extremist.
==========

And with control of the High Court they will make the looting and destruction all nice and legal. It will take decades to undo, if it is even possible should Romney get in.

Location hidden

#21271 Jun 16, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
And with control of the High Court they will make the looting and destruction all nice and legal. It will take decades to undo, if it is even possible should Romney get in.
It's come down to this. the dumbing down of America is complete. The GOP acting on behalf of the Ultra rich can put up one of their very own and blame Obama for what they do. Clinton was smarter than obama but they did the same thing to him. Hounded and harassed him for 8 years so that the nations focus would not be on what they were doing. Now Obama is conveniently black which gives them a head start with the right wing who are almost all white racists. Then they get the churches bleating about birth control and government "violating their rights". More smokescreens. The Ultra rich couldn't care less about birth control. It's one smokescreen after another. 12 years ago they couldn't put up Dick Cheney for President because as stupid as this nation is they Cheney had no charisma and is ugly. So they put up Bush II who was personable, folksy and reasonably good looking. Bush never accomplished a thing as Texas Governor and Romney never accomplished a thing as Governor. He signed health care because that's what Romney does. Goes along with whoever is a threat to take him from his money creating machine. Romney is one of those who cause the collapse of America while Bush was in office. He benefited from the crash. To even consider putting someone in office like Romney just shows that America is one stupid nation. To even consider voting for Romney just shows that those who would know nothing about how this country works or even basic simple economics. To claim that Obama hasn't "fixed things" sufficiently when the GOP vowed from day one he would be a one term president and that was their primary goal is politically immature and indefensible. So it's obvious to anyone but a right wing moron that Obama has done a fairly decent job economically considering the opposition to everything he's tried to do. Romney has endorsed the Ryan plan to let Wall street at Social Security money, draconian cuts, basically throwing seniors in the street. To even consider Romney is to consider that the destruction of the American Dream in totality is justified.

To even mention a sentence "I can't see how Romney would be any worse than Obama" is nothing more than a back door endorsement of corruption. STUPID PEOPLE

Tulsa, OK

#21272 Jun 16, 2012
"The truth is you have consistently faulted Obama for spending that he has inherited or been stopped from curtailing."

Untrue....the whole statement is untrue. Anybody with a brain knows he inherited the debt. Just because you say it's true doesn't make it so...prove I have "consistently" faulted Obama on anything.

"Coulda shoulda, woulda" only applies to the far right and left extremists because they use phrases like that to blame "the other party"."

Straw man. That's total BS and you know it. That statement applies to you when you think you somehow know how things could have been or will be when you have no facts whatsoever to base your assumption on. It's impossible to know how things could have been or will be. The only people who use those kind of arguements are people who have nothing else.

"Obama is a terrible president on social issues."

Untrue. That's your opinion and your welcome to it...but he did pass HC and that is something no other president has acomplished. That is a social issue my friend...like it or love it.

"One of the worst of my lifetime in my view."

That's your opinion not mine.

Tulsa, OK

#21273 Jun 16, 2012
"But the alternative of turn loose Wall street only 4 years after they spent 8 solid years of plundering this country is irresponsible."

So says the great seer of the future. What happened was...what will nobody knows...not even you.

"Obama is far to accommodating to Wall street. Romney IS Wall Street."

Prove it. And even if you could that doesn't mean he'll do whatever he wants. There is a congress...remember? Go ahead...prove the future.

"And only a blind person could not see that. The very essence of having any middle class resistance at any future date will be wiped out with yet again another burning and sacking of America by the Ultra Rich this soon after the last one."

You sound just like a republican hack who says Obama will make the nation communist.... with about as much credibility.

"You use the same cliches that Heat uses to "edge away from obama" and to "justify Romney"."

I've never justified Romney. That's as stupid of a statement as me saying you use cliches to snug up to Obama.

"You are actually more dangerous to the middle class than Heat because he's the known open enemy who makes it clear he supports the ultra rich and their destruction of the American middle class."

Straw man. That's like saying since you support Obama you are communist...stupid statement.

Tulsa, OK

#21274 Jun 16, 2012
"He wants anarchy in which only the strongest of the jungle survive but in his mind it's fair if the ultra rich start the fight witn nukes and the middle class gets a lawn edger as their weapon."

I have never heard Heat say any such thing. Or anyone else for that matter. You truly are the King of Straw Men.

"You on the other hand profess to want both sides cleanses of corruption yet you never talk to Romney and what he is."

Romney is not president and may never be. But you are correct that I want corruption cleansed from both sides.

"My God in my entire 65 years I have never seen a man go so far to one extreme or the other just to placate the money to get nominated."

Really? Who was it that wanted 1 billion dollars to keep his office? The first billion dollar campaign...was that Romney?

"The man is a FREAKIN' HAND PUPPET JUST LIKE GEORGE W. BUSH."

They are all hand puppets. Yet somehow Obama is not?

"And you deny being able to see that."

Seriously? Do you read anything I say?

"You'll vote Romney. You always were going to."

Wrong O' great knower of all things.

"Because anyone who continues to blame Obama for "spending" is nothing if not a hard core right wing Republican just bleating rhetoric when in fact WMCOL and Minute and the entire WORLD has shown he has slowed spending other than the Bush II spending despite GOP still feeding the rich as never before."

Straw man. If anyone says anything at all about spending then they are hard core right wing republicans? Are you insane? I have got to show that to all my democrat liberal friends.

"And you blame Obama.

When again? When did I "blame" Obama...."

"You give yourself up for who you are."

No...You just gave yourself up.

Location hidden

#21275 Jun 16, 2012
Who Is Obama wrote:
"Obama is far to accommodating to Wall street. Romney IS Wall Street."
Prove it.
The words of a right wing stupid. Third grade response. Case closed.

Location hidden

#21276 Jun 16, 2012
Who I am is a middle of the road moderate who knows in every society in the history of the world that society has been brought down by the excesses of the ultra wealthy.

What I am is is a moderate who knows that Obama has moved to the center of his political philosophy while Romney has moved to far right of his political philosophy.

What I am is someone the liberals call a right winger and the right wingers call a liberal. A sure sign of those calling me the "other side" is an extremist. Because only extremists live on the other side. Moderates know things for as they are. Know how things are done and how things are manipulated.

What I am is someone who is not burdened by the confines of a political party and their rhetoric. Do I see the future? I see the past. And those who cannot learn from the past are doomed to repeat their failures. Romney is no different than GW Bush. A hand puppet for the ultra wealthy. He is not acceptable in any way shape or form for the Presidency. Anyone who can support today's GOP is an idiot. Just as big an idiot as a fem nazi like minute.

Tulsa, OK

#21277 Jun 16, 2012
"You're a right winger. All there is to it."

Oh...and your a left winger? LoL! Somehow your opinion makes it true?

"There is no room in trying to save America for those who vote for the like of Mitt Romney."

Straw man...Yeah any republican is bad...I got it.

"That's as stupid a vote as voting for Sarah Palin. They're both idiots who sell out at the drop of a hat."

Anyone who doesn't share your same opinion right?

'I don't care what you think of me and your accusations of "straw man arguement" is the same as Minute makes and she's an extremist, just on the other side."

I don't care if you like it or not...a straw man arguement is what it is. At 65 years old and in politics all your life you should be able to debate...but oh well...some people have nothing but straw man arguements.

" When an extremists can't defend their own accusations and rhetoric they drag out the "straw man" slur.Whatever."

It's not the slur my friend....it's "your" arguement. I'm not bringing up straw man arguemnets to discredit your opinion...your doing that to everyone else.

"You don't value my opinion. You don't value any opinion. You're voting party line. And that's what's wrong with America."

I value all opinions and yours. Everyone has a right to one. I have never voted party line. Your statement doesn't make it true.

Tulsa, OK

#21278 Jun 16, 2012
" As much as I dislike Obama, I will vote for Obama because I'm not quite ready to give up the entire country to Wall Street."

I may vote for Obama too. But that's my right and my decision...not yours.

" If I'm wrong we get another 4 years of Obama treading water."

What? You can't see the future? I'm shocked!

"If you're wrong, the American public will lose another 40% of their wealth just like because of Bush."

If I'm wrong about what? Unlike you...I have made no decision.

"You're a very VERY politically ignorant person. You continually use the excuse "what happened five years ago doesn't matter"."

That's your opinion...but I'm not so easily convinced as you are. And I'm right about 5 years ago. No excuse. Go change it...let me know how it works out. Oh...you can't? Well then...it doesn't matter does it. You can cry over spilled milk...and I'll worry about now.

"IT MATTERS EVERYTHING. WHEELS WERE SET IN MOTION TO TAKE THIS COUNTRY DOWN TO IT'S KNEES BACK IN THE REAGAN YEARS AND IT'S GETTING WORSE EVERY SINGLE4 YEARS due to the GOP selling out the American workers."

You can't change the past....get over it already.

"One man standing against Corporate America and the ultra rich cannot stop them."

Every idea and every solution starts with one man or women.

" One man standing with Corporate America and the ultra rich can hasten the demise by 10fold."

Well you know what? That's been going on since politics began. Is every day a new world for you?

"Romney is Wall Street's boy and even the blind CAN see that. But not the right wingers. Welcome to the world of the extremist."

Everyone that doesn't agree with your opinions is an extremist...got it.

Tulsa, OK

#21279 Jun 16, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
Who I am is a middle of the road moderate who knows in every society in the history of the world that society has been brought down by the excesses of the ultra wealthy.
What I am is is a moderate who knows that Obama has moved to the center of his political philosophy while Romney has moved to far right of his political philosophy.
What I am is someone the liberals call a right winger and the right wingers call a liberal. A sure sign of those calling me the "other side" is an extremist. Because only extremists live on the other side. Moderates know things for as they are. Know how things are done and how things are manipulated.
What I am is someone who is not burdened by the confines of a political party and their rhetoric. Do I see the future? I see the past. And those who cannot learn from the past are doomed to repeat their failures. Romney is no different than GW Bush. A hand puppet for the ultra wealthy. He is not acceptable in any way shape or form for the Presidency. Anyone who can support today's GOP is an idiot. Just as big an idiot as a fem nazi like minute.
Of course only you know anything. No one has a right to think....no one has a right to believe...unless it's Dusty's opinion.

We can all see the past...not just you...though all but you can see the future. When you resort to name calling and demonizing anyone who doesn't share your opinion you loose all credibility.

What's really funny to me...is that I actually share your opinions and have staed such...but somehow since I don't jump up and endorse your candidate publically...I'm an idiot? I'm a right wing extremist? Your sold and I'm not...yet I'm not a moderate?

You need to prove your accusations...otherwise your just pissing in the wind.

Location hidden

#21280 Jun 16, 2012
Who Is Obama wrote:
" As much as I dislike Obama, I will vote for Obama because I'm not quite ready to give up the entire country to Wall Street."
I may vote for Obama too. But that's my right and my decision...not yours.
" If I'm wrong we get another 4 years of Obama treading water."
What? You can't see the future? I'm shocked!
"If you're wrong, the American public will lose another 40% of their wealth just like because of Bush."
If I'm wrong about what? Unlike you...I have made no decision.
"You're a very VERY politically ignorant person. You continually use the excuse "what happened five years ago doesn't matter"."
That's your opinion...but I'm not so easily convinced as you are. And I'm right about 5 years ago. No excuse. Go change it...let me know how it works out. Oh...you can't? Well then...it doesn't matter does it. You can cry over spilled milk...and I'll worry about now.
"IT MATTERS EVERYTHING. WHEELS WERE SET IN MOTION TO TAKE THIS COUNTRY DOWN TO IT'S KNEES BACK IN THE REAGAN YEARS AND IT'S GETTING WORSE EVERY SINGLE4 YEARS due to the GOP selling out the American workers."
You can't change the past....get over it already.
"One man standing against Corporate America and the ultra rich cannot stop them."
Every idea and every solution starts with one man or women.
" One man standing with Corporate America and the ultra rich can hasten the demise by 10fold."
Well you know what? That's been going on since politics began. Is every day a new world for you?
"Romney is Wall Street's boy and even the blind CAN see that. But not the right wingers. Welcome to the world of the extremist."
Just whatever man. You do exactly the same thing Minute does. You get angry because I state facts and historical references and you can't refute them so you "kill the messenger". Not once in your two lengthy attacks here and the three before did you refute anything I said. You simply make wild generalizations about how I can't foretell the future. I don't have to. All I have to do is be reasonably intelligent to the point of running the numbers. This nation is still in the throes of what the 8 years of Bush II did to it. To deny that is to deny reality. Any reasonable reality.

You are politically stupid. For you to go to the lengths of constant attack of me calling you stupid for saying Romney can't be any worse than Obama is not a defense but a smoke screen attack. You can't defend your boy, you deny he's a venture capitalist Wall Street vulture? That's what he's always been outside his forays into politics. Obama was a community organizer. That's a do gooder. Romney was a venture capitalist. And that's exactly who took America to it's knees under Bush II. And you smugly slap out something about me not knowing the future?

What I do know is a shark doesn't turn into a goat. A leopard doesn't change his spots.

Location hidden

#21281 Jun 16, 2012
Who Is Obama wrote:
That's exactly right. Why wouldn't it be? I'm a dead center moderate willing to negotiate almost any issue to get something done about corruption and decay in our government. I'm willing to trade out and make sacrifices that might effect me if it equally effects the ultra rich. So id you don't agree with the moderate position there is no other place for you to be other than an extremist on one side or the other. No place at all. I don't see what's the outrage here. You're either a moderate or you're an extremist of one kind or another in America. There are no other people involved or interested American Politics.

Tulsa, OK

#21282 Jun 16, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Just whatever man. You do exactly the same thing Minute does. You get angry because I state facts and historical references and you can't refute them so you "kill the messenger". Not once in your two lengthy attacks here and the three before did you refute anything I said. You simply make wild generalizations about how I can't foretell the future. I don't have to. All I have to do is be reasonably intelligent to the point of running the numbers. This nation is still in the throes of what the 8 years of Bush II did to it. To deny that is to deny reality. Any reasonable reality.
You are politically stupid. For you to go to the lengths of constant attack of me calling you stupid for saying Romney can't be any worse than Obama is not a defense but a smoke screen attack. You can't defend your boy, you deny he's a venture capitalist Wall Street vulture? That's what he's always been outside his forays into politics. Obama was a community organizer. That's a do gooder. Romney was a venture capitalist. And that's exactly who took America to it's knees under Bush II. And you smugly slap out something about me not knowing the future?
What I do know is a shark doesn't turn into a goat. A leopard doesn't change his spots.
Hey...I'm not angry at all. I debate in real life all the time. You want to go on a rant and acuse me of being something I'm not...what do you expect. In your latest rant I dont see many facts just name calling. You want to debate facts you'll probably see I agree.

"Not once in your two lengthy attacks here and the three before did you refute anything I said."

Attacks? Seriously? I attacked you by defending myself?

" This nation is still in the throes of what the 8 years of Bush II did to it. To deny that is to deny reality. Any reasonable reality."

Again I ask....where did I deny that?

"You are politically stupid. For you to go to the lengths of constant attack of me calling you stupid for saying Romney can't be any worse than Obama is not a defense but a smoke screen attack."

Did I call you stupid? You went to lengths to attack me...I never started anything...I just defended myself from your acusations. I try and look at both sides and both parties and not just look down on one like your doing. I understand where your coming from and your opinion and I'm not the one calling you stupid personally for having it.

"You simply make wild generalizations about how I can't foretell the future."

Oh no...It isn't me that says will be and could have been....that was your arguement.

"You can't defend your boy, you deny he's a venture capitalist Wall Street vulture? That's what he's always been outside his forays into politics."

Ans where or when did I defend "my boy" again? Just because youy say he's my boy doesn't make it so.

"And you smugly slap out something about me not knowing the future?"

You want to keep predicting the future...what do you expect?

Dusty....you want to insult me because I don't jump on the Obama bandwagon. Sorry...but I'm not jumping on any bandwagon. You want to call me names and insult my inteligence and then when I defend myself you want to say I'm "attacking" you. You started the rant...not me. If you didn't like something I said just say so without all the stupid right wing extremist BS. I don't mind at all clarifying my position....and I can do so without insulting you or anyone else.
Packing Heat

United States

#21283 Jun 16, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and Meat

Your behind the times, they are leaving Singapore now, they are going to Viet Nam now. My husband's friend that works for GE, was in China for 2 weeks, spent a week in Viet Nam. China is getting to expensive now, off to poorer workers, Viet Nam, here they come.

Hey JustaNut,
You're behind on times too! China is filling its GE losses with Obama's Government Motors Chevy Volt.

See, Confucious say loan farmer yen to buy hen
When hen get fed real good and farmer pay back yen
Then Chinese man steal hen, LOL.

GM deal moves electric car development to China -- a 'shakedown'?

Lets see!
UPDATE 11:40 ET with Girsky comments on deal, building Volts in China.

General Motors agreed in Shanghai today to develop an electric vehicle platform with longtime Chinese partner SAIC. It effectively moves GM's future electric vehicle development to China. Unclear is whether this would also lead to assembly of future EVs for the U.S. market in China.

The deal came as the Chinese government is pushing foreign automakers to give Chinese companies EV technology they lack, according to an Associated Press report. U.S. lawmakers have complained that China is "shaking down" GM to get Volt secrets. Electric vehicle development in the U.S. has been developed with extensive U.S. taxpayer funding. Confucious say "Thank You Mr. Obama"
America is getting to expensive now, off to poorer workers, China, here they come.

The Chinese government is pushing electrics with a subsidy that amounts to about $19,000 per car -- but only if the car is made in China. No imports allowed. There also are tariffs on cars imported to China, which lawmakers argue are unfair and may violate world trade rules. LOL, like the Chinese give a damn about some agreement. They act like they paid for it. Oh' wait they did, never mind I forgot.

Looks like a shakedown to me, NEXT!

Tulsa, OK

#21284 Jun 16, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
That's exactly right. Why wouldn't it be? I'm a dead center moderate willing to negotiate almost any issue to get something done about corruption and decay in our government. I'm willing to trade out and make sacrifices that might effect me if it equally effects the ultra rich. So id you don't agree with the moderate position there is no other place for you to be other than an extremist on one side or the other. No place at all. I don't see what's the outrage here. You're either a moderate or you're an extremist of one kind or another in America. There are no other people involved or interested American Politics.
So your telling me that if I look at both sides of the issue and one of those sides happens to be republican...then I'm an extremist? To be in the middle means considering all sides of an issue Dusty...not just your side or your point of view.

"I don't see what's the outrage here."

Aparently it's because I stated I wasn't absolutely 100% sure that Romney would be worse than Obama. But then again I'm considering a lot of other things such as the economic situation here and worldwide, the congress that either party may have that is not decided yet, and also how well they will work together. I'm not considering just the man like you are.

"You're either a moderate or you're an extremist of one kind or another in America. There are no other people involved or interested American Politics.":

Who decides that Dusty? You alone? Some people would consider some of my socialist ideas extreme communist. Some people would see my free market ideas as extreme evil capitalism. I'm not going to fit in yours or anyone elses box. I try hard to think out of it...because that's where solutions will be. You need to get over your rant and agree or disagree with my opinions and when in doubt ask for clarification without being an ass.
Packing Heat

United States

#21285 Jun 16, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>

America cannot afford to allow Obama to trash our Constitution with another Liberal on the Supreme Court. When Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg downplayed the Constitution’s Importance, you could hear a Cricket scratch his balls a mile away from any Liberal. It is amazing how fast some liberal pundits like you can become Constitutional Originalists when it is convenient for you to distract from the real issues at hand yet ignore moron's like Ginsburg.

During an interview in Egypt, Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg responded to a question about "if the Egyptian people should look to the U.S. Constitution when attempting to draft their own":

You should certainly be aided by all the constitution-writing that has gone on since the end of World War II. I would not look to the US constitution, if I were drafting a constitution in the year 2012. I might look at the constitution of South Africa. That was a deliberate attempt to have a fundamental instrument of government that embraced basic human rights, had an independent judiciary… It really is, I think, a great piece of work that was done. Much more recent than the US constitution – Canada has a Charter of Rights and Freedoms. It dates from 1982. You would almost certainly look at the European Convention on Human Rights. Yes, why not take advantage of what there is elsewhere in the world?

Ginsburg’s stance on the Constitution mirrors that of a recent article in the New York Times about its slipping status as an inspiration for more recent constitutions around the world. Obama demonstrates that everyday, you just deny it.
Packing Heat

United States

#21286 Jun 17, 2012
WMCOL, the last post is meant for you and not Justaminute. My bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oklahoma City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chesapeake on edge of Bankruptcy? 6 hr WarForOil 4
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) 11 hr Kemper26 417
So Oklahoma is 1 billion in the hole. Feb 5 WarForOil 17
Sheriff Mike booth DA Smotherman Dirty scumbags Feb 4 Out for Justices 2
News Oklahoma Lawmakers Push Social Agendas Amid Bud... Feb 4 SirAndrew 4
Go Bernie Sanders Victory USA! Feb 4 The Middle Class 1
Church of the First Born....Cult and Apostate (Apr '08) Feb 4 Everyones A Critic 1,697
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oklahoma City Mortgages