OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

sunyside up

Lewisville, TX

#20616 Jun 3, 2012
Drunks should carry a sign: Danger, drunk driving and packing heat

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#20617 Jun 3, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
Wmcol, have you ever needed your gun to defend yourself out in public?
Do you often feel intimated that you were comforted by having a gun on your person while out eating in a restaurant?
Well we can refuse service to anyone at any time. The only ones that have been successful are suits of discrimination because of race or gender. Your gun doesn't qualify.
Open carry is just meant to intimidate people, plain and simple. If I lose customers over it, it would have to be a lot of customers to even consider it, and I don't even feel that it would ever even come to that.
So if your gun is not concealed so well that no one unless of some emanate threat would even see it your good to go.
But I would be really interested in knowing if a person who pulled a concealed weapon out in situation like a robbery and made the situation even worse like people getting killed could be sued too.
Because I don't think those good Samaritan laws apply to gun play.
Or if a customer started claiming 'Stand your ground' because some one who was also carrying got into a fight at my restaurant? Could I sue both of you then? Or can any claims from your family be denied if you were shot and killed in that situation on restaurant property when you both escalated that situation? If I let a person in and don't check to see if he has an open carry permit and he does something stupid and he doesn't have a permit gets into a altercation am I liable them? Your just giving business another headache.
Don't always judge people as you would yourself. If I let them in
==========
>>>But I would be really interested in knowing if a person who pulled a concealed weapon out in situation like a robbery and made the situation even worse like people getting killed could be sued too.<<<

Not only sued but charged with murder and sent to prison. Self-defense and obeying the law is the key, not defense of everyone else.

A man walked into a restaurant and put a gun to a woman's head and said, "you're a dead woman!" A customer drew his gun and shot and killed the man. The shooter was charged with and convicted of murder. The man who put the gun to the woman's head was her brother who was playing a trick on her.

CWL holders are trained to not get involved with the defense of others without knowing for sure the circumstances.

Like I said earlier to you, you could be staging a robbery to train your staff. Without knowing the circumstances, I probably would not get involved if you were being robbed unless MY life was threatened, meaning gun is pointed at me or in my direction.

All of the CWL people I know try to avoid using their gun if at all possible.

If I was in your restaurant and someone came in and put a gun to your head I wouldn't do anything but try to get out of there as quickly as possible, and unless the person pointed the gun at me I would not take a shot. Same if someone tried to start something with me. If I could not ignore or diffuse the situation peaceably then I would leave.
Justaminute

Edmond, OK

#20618 Jun 3, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Sounds like a pretty raunchy joint you run there, and one totally unsafe without a bunch of guns in the place.
Heavily armed military, even P-8's, but unarmed civilians. Tell me again how that is justified in the land of the free and home of the brave.
Are you under the impression that you live in one of east coasts states with the upper crust of society? I wasn't aware that you consider yourself a member of the military? Or even a policeman?
Who is out to get you? Does every time you hear a strange noise in the night make you jump out of bed armed?

Sitting inside a 24 hour middle class breakfast lunch and dinner place at 2 am feel you with fear of every person that enters the restaurant or are you safely at home in your bed fast asleep, imagining another mass murder that makes all the news because it happens so rarely. In fact, your more like to be murdered by your own wife than in my restaurant.

Location hidden

#20619 Jun 3, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you under the impression that you live in one of east coasts states with the upper crust of society? I wasn't aware that you consider yourself a member of the military? Or even a policeman?
Who is out to get you? Does every time you hear a strange noise in the night make you jump out of bed armed?
Sitting inside a 24 hour middle class breakfast lunch and dinner place at 2 am feel you with fear of every person that enters the restaurant or are you safely at home in your bed fast asleep, imagining another mass murder that makes all the news because it happens so rarely. In fact, your more like to be murdered by your own wife than in my restaurant.
==========

Are you aware that the exercising of a right requires no justification, whether it is why one votes, why due process, why freedom of speech, or right to keep and bear arms?

>>>In fact, your more like to be murdered by your own wife than in my restaurant.<<< Only if my right to keep and bear is infringed.

Rights are not justified by the odds of them being violated.
Justaminute

Edmond, OK

#20620 Jun 3, 2012
Wmcol

Or you could order all your eggs sunny side up with almost raw yolks, which on all pages of the menu warning you about eating I might add, and contract salmonella that are present in about 80% of all eggs and contract painful stomach cramps and almost wishing for a bullet to put you out of your misery.

And if your favorite breakfast joint keeps the eggs refrigerated 1 DEGREE warmer than required it just multiplies those salmonella germs faster that any of your most feared jihadist group, but that salmonella death is slow and painful. But you'll most likely recover if your a health adult but a lot of kids are not that lucky. Really that's the only killer you need to worry about.

In all our years in the restaurant business and all the other restaurants we know personally. No one robber or other customer have ever come in and shot and killed their customers.

Really food borne illnesses our are enemy in the restaurant biz and we battle them daily so you can have a nice breakfast in a clean well lighted place by a waitress that knows you by name and knows how you like your coffee or what ever you like to drink if your a regular. I don't recognize the place imagined in your fears. Because our waitresses are so ready for a good exiting story about crime and guns, maybe you should stop by and tell them sometime. But they would prefer a good basketball Thunder story because they are really into that right now.

That's the restaurant that I know.
Justaminute

Edmond, OK

#20621 Jun 3, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Are you aware that the exercising of a right requires no justification, whether it is why one votes, why due process, why freedom of speech, or right to keep and bear arms?
>>>In fact, your more like to be murdered by your own wife than in my restaurant.<<< Only if my right to keep and bear is infringed.
Rights are not justified by the odds of them being violated.
Yeah, that's what the gays say too about getting married but if I recall that correctly you don't have a problem with those rights being violated. The bible says nothing about you carrying that gun open carry in the Constitution either. Back later.
Packing Heat

United States

#20622 Jun 3, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
Wmcol
Or you could order all your eggs sunny side up with almost raw yolks, which on all pages of the menu warning you about eating I might add, and contract salmonella that are present in about 80% of all eggs and contract painful stomach cramps and almost wishing for a bullet to put you out of your misery.
And if your favorite breakfast joint keeps the eggs refrigerated 1 DEGREE warmer than required it just multiplies those salmonella germs faster that any of your most feared jihadist group, but that salmonella death is slow and painful. But you'll most likely recover if your a health adult but a lot of kids are not that lucky. Really that's the only killer you need to worry about.
In all our years in the restaurant business and all the other restaurants we know personally. No one robber or other customer have ever come in and shot and killed their customers.
Really food borne illnesses our are enemy in the restaurant biz and we battle them daily so you can have a nice breakfast in a clean well lighted place by a waitress that knows you by name and knows how you like your coffee or what ever you like to drink if your a regular. I don't recognize the place imagined in your fears. Because our waitresses are so ready for a good exiting story about crime and guns, maybe you should stop by and tell them sometime. But they would prefer a good basketball Thunder story because they are really into that right now.

The Brown's Chicken massacre was a mass murder that occurred at a Brown's Chicken restaurant in Palatine, Illinois, a northwest suburb of Chicago.

The Luby's massacre was a mass murder that took place on October 16, 1991, in Killeen, Texas,... Approximately 80 people were in the restaurant at the time.

18-year-old Ruben Cortez was shot in the back of the head while standing outside of a San Jose McDonald’s.

18-year-old Joel Durham shot McDonald’s manager Leo Kern to at point blank range in front of his fiance and other patrons during a robbery on Severn Avenue in Metairie, LA.

The massacre of five workers at a Wendy's fast-food restaurant in Flushing, Queens reveals something about life in New York City at the dawn of the twenty-first century.

A 22-year-old man has been arrested in the shooting deaths of two men at Sweet Jimmie's restaurant. The incident took the lives of 27-year-old Williams Jenkins and 22-year-old Adam Williams.

When you Google Restaurant Murders you get about 2+ million so what makes that greasy spoon dump you work at any different? While I do agree with you that some sort of food poisoning in very likely in that dump you call a place to eat it is also a place one can get shot at just as easily as it happens all across this nation.

Location hidden

#20623 Jun 3, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that's what the gays say too about getting married but if I recall that correctly you don't have a problem with those rights being violated. The bible says nothing about you carrying that gun open carry in the Constitution either. Back later.
==========
Marriage if a right, is between a male and a female.

The right to keep and bear is open and concealed and is secular law, the kind of law this nation is under.

However, Jesus did say that when a strong man armed guards his palace his goods are at peace. My body is the temple and palace.

Location hidden

#20624 Jun 3, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
Wmcol
==========
I eat my eggs just about every day with yellow running. I eat mostly Davidson's eggs, when I can get them. Otherwise most egg products are required to be pasteurized.

Probably wouldn't order eggs in your joint unless they are boiled.

Since: May 12

Sapulpa, OK

#20625 Jun 3, 2012
I prefer my eggs over easy.

I don't recall ever having stomach cramps because of that, but I don't eat eggs everyday.

I've been to a lot of different mom and pops for breakfast and well known chains too..such as IHOP and waffle houses.

I remember one little local mom and pop that was always packed for breakfast, so we waited one morning and tried it out. There was so much grease on the plate you could pour it off. I can't handle that...but I guess a lot of people like it.

I would have to choose waffle houses if it comes down to getting the breakfast out fastest, hot, and exactly the way I like it.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#20626 Jun 3, 2012
Who Is Obama wrote:
I prefer my eggs over easy.
I don't recall ever having stomach cramps because of that, but I don't eat eggs everyday.
I've been to a lot of different mom and pops for breakfast and well known chains too..such as IHOP and waffle houses.
I remember one little local mom and pop that was always packed for breakfast, so we waited one morning and tried it out. There was so much grease on the plate you could pour it off. I can't handle that...but I guess a lot of people like it.
I would have to choose waffle houses if it comes down to getting the breakfast out fastest, hot, and exactly the way I like it.
Man oh man you msut be visting waffle houses I've never been to. My experience with WH is bacon that doesn't taste like bacon, sausage that is too dry to eat, over medium eggs that never are even close to over medium ranging from over eleazy to over hard. Hash browns that are crisp on the outside and raw inside. I wouldn't step foot in a waffle house again if you were buying. LOL . I have had some decent breakfasts at IHOP. Best breakfast I ever had in Tulsa was at "Jimmy's Egg" at Peoria and 41st. Excellent service, decor and food.

Sapulpa, OK

#20627 Jun 3, 2012
Most of the waffle houses I've been to were in smaller towns. I don't know if that has anything to do with it...maybe they have better retention for good cooks. Of course, a good breakfast comes down to a good cook..no matter where it is. And I tip accordingly.

I haven't been to Jimmy' Egg...we may try it one of these days when we're in Tulsa....just because you said so.
Packing Heat

United States

#20628 Jun 3, 2012
Who Is Obama wrote:
Most of the waffle houses I've been to were in smaller towns. I don't know if that has anything to do with it...maybe they have better retention for good cooks. Of course, a good breakfast comes down to a good cook..no matter where it is. And I tip accordingly.
I haven't been to Jimmy' Egg...we may try it one of these days when we're in Tulsa....just because you said so.

Might want to read some reviews on that roach ridden place before you just jump in and eat there.

Jimmy's Egg Reviews 3948 South Peoria Avenue Tulsa, OK 74105

ate there early sunday, eggs were runny whole breakfast was cold before waitress came around. Could not get coffee refilled , ask another waitress for coffee was told to hold on a min. I have eaten there several times, food is usally ok service has always been bad.
Liked: Atmosphere, Value
Disliked: Food, Service

Eaten there several times. Service is generally good to okay. The prices are on the low end and the food is only average. The last time I went there was a roach in my mug and another one seen by another table. Will not be going back.
Liked: Service, Value
Disliked: Food, Atmosphere

The kitchen is dirty and I've seen cockroaches

Good food, great service. Restaurant was full on Saturday morning, but we still got good service. Waitress brought refills without us needing to ask and coped well with my children changing their minds several times meaning more trips back to the kitchen for her.
Liked: Food, Service, Value

https://plus.google.com/110367929492866001680...

Sapulpa, OK

#20629 Jun 3, 2012
It comes down to the folks running the place and the cooks cooking the food. It really does.

In my teen years I worked a couple of fast food joints and the one thing that we were taught is to keep the place clean at all times. Before we closed up at night the places would be practically sterilized and ready to go the next day.

Today in this climate of nobody wanting to work,,,I sure have noticed the service declining...and it's not just kids. I have seen waitresses flat give me an evil eye for coming in. They want that paycheck but they don't want the work.

But that's not always the case. A good server can stand out like a sore thumb. We ate a little place in Jenks that was more upper class, and our server was one of the best I have seen. It was yes sir, right away sir, and he actually seemed genuine about it. He got a good tip.

At a Chilles here recently I had a young 16 year old server and he did pretty good considering. We had a bill of roughly $30 and he brought back my change in large bills. I asked him how long he has been serving and he said he done something wrong didn't he? I said No you done good son, but let me tell you a little secret...when you bring back change make sure you put in enough small bills so people can leave you a tip..because otherwise they may not.

Good food matters...but in the end it's all about the people. Sometimes a pretty little lass who knows how to smile and flirt just a little can make anything taste good.
Justaminute

Edmond, OK

#20630 Jun 3, 2012
Well, we cook 4,000 eggs a week. The health department gives those figures of 70% average salmonella infected by the the time the truck delivers them to the restaurant. Any restaurant no matter the name. Many times it comes from the egg producers themselves before they are even transported to the distribution center. Then shipped out on refrigerated trucks.

The truck that delivers my eggs also deliver the other products that I order from Sysco at the same time. Even though deliverys are scheduled at certain times other delivers from other producers arrive on Tuesdays. Because bread come from somewhere else and waffle mixes come from somewhere else. Cleaning supplies and the dishwasher solution comes from somewhere else. Because after 20 years you know what everyone likes. Or you get a better price for the same product from somewhere else. The coffee guy delivers too.

If they all show up at their appointed times everything goes off like a fine production which happens about regularly. But you can get bad weather, the truck breaks down. A delivery guy calls in sick and their backed up on...on.. it goes.

So those delivery's that were supposed to happen starting at 6 am from the largest supplier of the eggs can show up right in the middle of your lunch rush.

But customers sitting in the restaurant never see it. They don't need to see it. But first thing first those eggs have to be rushed into the walk-in, yes the truck is refrigerated but are you the first delivery because that door gets opened a lot. Fine in the winter, summer is a killer. And the restaurant delivery door to an are walk-in refrigerator which house a separate walk-in door to the freezer.

So the long story is a lot goes into the process before that egg ever makes it on to your plate. And it must be maintain at a constant temperature in the process.

And no the cook can't keep the eggs out by the gigantic grill that sits next to the deep fryer that sits next to the steam table. Because it's hot even in with air conditioning.

So yeah, how you order your egg matters. And what condition it's kept in. A that refrigerator on the line they have to open the door to it ever time they have an order for eggs. Because it can not sit out on the line period.

If you don't have a perfect set up for your line makes the difference on whether you wait a short while to get your food or it takes longer. Because loner wait times mean the customer won't be back, unless they know it's a rare occurrence but when it's a first timer, he won't be back.

So yeah it's a battle.

Sapulpa, OK

#20631 Jun 3, 2012
I remember having to keep the walk in closed at all times. It was a big deal. They had a big thermometer in it and I forgot what the temperature had to be below.

It's an amazing thing to me how cheap that egg on your plate actually is. Considering all the investments all along the line that makes it all possible. Everyone who touches that egg makes a little bit of profit...all the way to my plate..for what? A buck? I can't even raise a hen and put an egg on my own plate for that.
Packing Heat

United States

#20632 Jun 3, 2012
Who Is Obama wrote:
It comes down to the folks running the place and the cooks cooking the food. It really does.
In my teen years I worked a couple of fast food joints and the one thing that we were taught is to keep the place clean at all times. Before we closed up at night the places would be practically sterilized and ready to go the next day.
Today in this climate of nobody wanting to work,,,I sure have noticed the service declining...and it's not just kids. I have seen waitresses flat give me an evil eye for coming in. They want that paycheck but they don't want the work.
But that's not always the case. A good server can stand out like a sore thumb. We ate a little place in Jenks that was more upper class, and our server was one of the best I have seen. It was yes sir, right away sir, and he actually seemed genuine about it. He got a good tip.
At a Chilles here recently I had a young 16 year old server and he did pretty good considering. We had a bill of roughly $30 and he brought back my change in large bills. I asked him how long he has been serving and he said he done something wrong didn't he? I said No you done good son, but let me tell you a little secret...when you bring back change make sure you put in enough small bills so people can leave you a tip..because otherwise they may not.
Good food matters...but in the end it's all about the people. Sometimes a pretty little lass who knows how to smile and flirt just a little can make anything taste good.

I did get a chuckle when you were told Jimmy's Egg was a good place. My cousin has a shop right by the one on South Peoria and he has told me he wouldn't feed that slop to a pig but then I guess Dusty feeds him or his pig anything. I had to look up reviews just to see what others had to say about it when I read the post to you.

Like you said, it does depend on who is running it and what kind of people they hire to work in the kitchen cooking and cleaning. I do like how Waffle House does it all right out in the open so I can see how they handle it.
Packing Heat

United States

#20633 Jun 3, 2012
How safe are eggs?
The risk of getting a foodborne illness from eggs is very low. However, the nutrients that make eggs a high-quality food for humans are also a good growth medium for bacteria. In addition to food, bacteria also need moisture, a favorable temperature and time in order to multiply and increase the risk of illness. In the rare event that an egg contains bacteria, you can reduce the risk by proper chilling and eliminate it by proper cooking. When you handle eggs with care, they pose no greater food-safety risk than any other perishable food.
The inside of an egg was once considered almost sterile. But, over recent years, the bacterium Salmonella enteritidis (Se) has been found inside a small number of eggs. Scientists estimate that, on average across the U.S., only 1 of every 20,000 eggs might contain the bacteria. So, the likelihood that an egg might contain Se is extremely small – 0.005%(five one-thousandths of one percent). At this rate, if you’re an average consumer, you might encounter a contaminated egg once every 84 years.
Other types of microorganisms could be deposited along with dirt on the outside of an egg. So, in the U.S., eggshells are washed and sanitized to remove possible hazards. You can further protect yourself and your family by discarding eggs that are unclean, cracked, broken or leaking and making sure you and your family members use good hygiene practices, including properly washing your hands and keeping them clean.
http://www.incredibleegg.org/egg-facts/egg-sa...

Sapulpa, OK

#20634 Jun 3, 2012
Heat wrote:

" I do like how Waffle House does it all right out in the open so I can see how they handle it."

Some waffle houses have a counter where you can sit facing the cook. I like that. Usually the cooks are guys who can talk a good show while they cook.

Sometimes a happy cook with some stories and a couple of friendly girls can really make an atmosphere click.
Packing Heat

United States

#20635 Jun 3, 2012
Who Is Obama wrote:
Heat wrote:
" I do like how Waffle House does it all right out in the open so I can see how they handle it."
Some waffle houses have a counter where you can sit facing the cook. I like that. Usually the cooks are guys who can talk a good show while they cook.
Sometimes a happy cook with some stories and a couple of friendly girls can really make an atmosphere click.

I agree.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oklahoma City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kimberly Lavonne Cox: Stuck Up 1 hr Gilbert Johnson 12
News Oklahoma City ranks top of 10 most affordable m... 22 hr Geoffrey 3
News Many Oklahoma zip codes listed as high risk for... 23 hr Ken 2
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) Fri Yelpme 501
Angel Tschetter is Fat Now Jul 20 AIC 21
Laing Morey: Stuck Up Jul 19 WTF 9
Stereotyping Jul 18 TFCN 2

Oklahoma City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance