Raye Dawn Smith wanted autopsy, defen...

Raye Dawn Smith wanted autopsy, defendant's mother testifies

There are 25834 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 17, 2007, titled Raye Dawn Smith wanted autopsy, defendant's mother testifies. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

“She knew that's just the way it had to be, to get through it. She accepted it”

' The first defense witness at the child-abuse trial for Raye Dawn Smith said Monday the mother wanted an autopsy to find out why her 2-year-old daughter died in 2005, but her new husband opposed it. via NewsOK.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

amber

Irwin, PA

#8316 May 11, 2009
Could Everyone Please Pray for my Niece she is 2 1/2 and she been sick the last few days please keep our angel in your prayers.
Advocate4Kelsey

Fort Worth, TX

#8317 May 11, 2009
amber wrote:
so she was concerned for kelsey but she was never concerned for her own children when they was growing up she said she was going to kill them.Kathie isnt a big hero like everyone thinks.Im not saying she killed kelsey or had anything to do with micheal killing kelsey but kathie and Lance are not the big heros like you guys think
<quoted text>
Oh please Amber, show me the official document that shows Kathie stated she would kill her children!

If you can't, then it is hearsay until it can be confirmed.

Why do you believe everything you read/hear?

If it is true and ever is confirmed, would you rather her have kept her children when she was obviously overwhelmed (by the statement she made, if true) raising 4 children on her own?

She clearly loved her children enough to get them out of that situation.

It is asinine to keep saying everyone thinks they are "hero's"!

Just like it is asinine for all of Raye's supporters to constantly claim what a perfect and wonderful mother Raye was when the facts clearly prove she wasn't.

I personally think Lance was heroic for serving our country and freedom.The documented fact is, Lance put his life on the line everyday for approximately 4 months when he was in Iraq.
Advocate4Kelsey

Fort Worth, TX

#8318 May 11, 2009
amber wrote:
Could Everyone Please Pray for my Niece she is 2 1/2 and she been sick the last few days please keep our angel in your prayers.
I will pray for her.

I hope she gets better soon.
outsider

United States

#8319 May 11, 2009
Raye does not deserve a break. She is guilty as hell. As Kelsey's mother, she could not have possibly missed all of the physical signs of abuse that Kelsey suffered. It is not possible. Don't tell me that it was all fabricated by Kathie Briggs - that is a lie and an injustice to Kelsey. Someone was hurting her. As her mother it was Raye's responsiblity to find out who the hell it was. If she was court ordered to keep Mike Porter away from Kelsey - why would she marry him? No one can blame Kelsey's death on Kathie. They can try all they want, but Kathie was not there the day that sweet little girl endured more that she could stand. Her mother should have saved her. Her mother could have helped her by finding out who was hurting her, instead of "watchin" him she should have turned him into the police and thrown his ass out of the house - not leave her daughter alone with him. That is why she is guilty.
Mike Porter is a pathetic pig - not one person on this board has said otherwise.
Advocate4Kelsey

Fort Worth, TX

#8320 May 11, 2009
outsider wrote:
Raye does not deserve a break. She is guilty as hell. As Kelsey's mother, she could not have possibly missed all of the physical signs of abuse that Kelsey suffered. It is not possible. Don't tell me that it was all fabricated by Kathie Briggs - that is a lie and an injustice to Kelsey. Someone was hurting her. As her mother it was Raye's responsiblity to find out who the hell it was. If she was court ordered to keep Mike Porter away from Kelsey - why would she marry him? No one can blame Kelsey's death on Kathie. They can try all they want, but Kathie was not there the day that sweet little girl endured more that she could stand. Her mother should have saved her. Her mother could have helped her by finding out who was hurting her, instead of "watchin" him she should have turned him into the police and thrown his ass out of the house - not leave her daughter alone with him. That is why she is guilty.
Mike Porter is a pathetic pig - not one person on this board has said otherwise.
***Standing Ovation***
outsider

United States

#8321 May 11, 2009
Thank you. Just makes me sick how people can defend her. I just don't get it. Her Ace in the hole is to blame everything on Kathie Briggs. Blows my mind how people fall for it. Why can't she just stand up and take some responsibility for failing her child? I will never understand.
newtocase

United States

#8322 May 11, 2009
I just began reading about this case yesterday and I can't stop.

Are there any trial document archives, audio/video of testimony or police statements? I can't fiend any.

I see a ton of video and docs from both families, but no official reports/docs.

Also, can't find much on Micheal porter- ironic,
NoUse

Sapulpa, OK

#8324 May 11, 2009
Do you have any official documents to back up your asinine allegations against Kathie?? As far as I know, those have NEVER been produced by those who keep repeating themselves like a bad record that's stuck, although many have asked to see them. But then what's new huh??
The only "hero" in this case is also the ONLY VICTIM...and that is Kelsey Briggs.
Now...don't forget to give me all those colorful little icons.....lmao
amber wrote:
so she was concerned for kelsey but she was never concerned for her own children when they was growing up she said she was going to kill them.Kathie isnt a big hero like everyone thinks.Im not saying she killed kelsey or had anything to do with micheal killing kelsey but kathie and Lance are not the big heros like you guys think
<quoted text>
NoUse

Sapulpa, OK

#8325 May 11, 2009
I don't know who you are, but this was a very good post! The only thing Raye Dawn Smith deserves is prison, and quite frankly, it's my opinion she got a very light sentence compared to what she deserves.
You know, I REALLY don't get what is is that people "don't get"??? Kelsey was showing constant bruising and coming up with broken bones while in her mother's home and custody, yet during the time she was in DHS custody and away from her mother's home, there were NO bruises and NO broken bones...yet upon that precious child being sent back to her mother's home and care, immediately it started up again. This DISPROVES any nonsense of "normal childhood injuries" or "normal childhood bruises" OR any "bruising disorder". Kelsey would NOT just get those injuries and bruising JUST WHILE IN THE CARE OF HER MOTHER AND IN HER MOTHER'S HOME if any of that were the case. Children don't just have bruising disorders or "normal" childhood injuries JUST WHEN IN THE CARE AND HOME OF ONE PERSON!!!! I really don't understand WHY everyone overlooks that FACT. Well, yeah I do...cuz it doesn't fit with RD being innocent. It really aggravates me that people will minimize what that poor little girl lived through, the pain her body was forced to endure, all just to claim her "mother" is innocent. Such a shame and sad for that innocent baby girl.
outsider wrote:
NoUse

Sapulpa, OK

#8326 May 11, 2009
I agree, however it is just a tad bit of comfort to know that her denial in accepting ANY responsibility is part of what got her that 27yr. sentence, and is along with her absolute GUILT, part of what will KEEP HER IN PRISON to serve out her 27yr sentence!!!
outsider wrote:
Thank you. Just makes me sick how people can defend her. I just don't get it. Her Ace in the hole is to blame everything on Kathie Briggs. Blows my mind how people fall for it. Why can't she just stand up and take some responsibility for failing her child? I will never understand.
outsider

United States

#8328 May 12, 2009
I am truely an outsider. I do not know either the Smith family or the Briggs. I did meet Kathie briefly at one of the Kelsey Briggs Run Against Child Abuse events, a quick hello.

I don't understand why the lines get drawn as to a Briggs supporter or a Smith supporter. I am a Kelsey supporter.

I believe that Kathie loved Kelsey, and so does Raye, she said so. I believe that she had Kelsey's best interest in mind. I don't agree with the emails with Porter, but that is something she felt she needed to do. I am sure that Lance has his faults as well, as do all of us. I wonder if when Raye is pointing out all of their faults if she happens to mention some of her own? The fact that she also has an imperfect past. Does she show remorse over the loss of Kelsey? Does she express remorse that she did not do more to save her? Or, does she spend all of her time saying that it is not her fault, that Kathie is to blame for stirring things up so much that she could not even see what was happening to her daughter under her own nose?
NoUse

Sapulpa, OK

#8330 May 12, 2009
Hey advocate, nice to see you too. Lots going on so not much time to be on here. Nice to see you are still here standing up for the real victim in this horrid case...Kelsey Briggs.
Bad storms here so going to get off here before the computer gets fried...that'd be bad..bad..bad...lol Keep on keepin on my friend.

“A witty saying proves nothing.”

Since: Sep 08

Bethany, OK

#8331 May 13, 2009
I agree that there is only one victim in this horrible mess. Kelsey derserved so much more and will never see the daylight again to do so. I am not on anyones side other then Kelseys.. I think a whole lot of people connected to this case should have been arrested and help accountable for their actions in this case.. not just RD and MP... IF Kathie did in fact make the calls to DHS and truly did care for the concern of her grandchild then she is the only one that stood up for this poor precious child. No one else stood for her.. no one else looked out for her... no one else cared to help.. all those who cared not to stand for Kelsey will have to stand for their actions later.. I too hope that they go to bed each night and see this precious childs face each and every night and I hope it haunts them. I am not for any side other then the one that saves our children. I stand for JUSTICE and know that one day KELSEY WILL HAVE HERS.
outsider

United States

#8333 May 13, 2009
Just A Name, I agree with you. One day Kelsey will have her true justice.
NoUse

Sapulpa, OK

#8334 May 13, 2009
I agree, Kelsey deserved so much more...she deserved a mother to protect above and beyond anything, and mostly Kelsey deserved to live...and live abuse free. That is why I get so frustrated with people whinning about RD...SHE had choices in this...Kelsey did not. RD is still breathing...Kelsey is not. Raye Dawn Smith as Kelsey's mother had an obligation to keep her child safe...and alive. She failed. The evidence in this case supports at the very least the charge RD was convicted of.
As for Kathie, she IS the one who reported the abuse, as did Ashley and Terri. Kathie has copies of all the emails she sent to EVERYONE, trying to get help in protecting Kelsey. Kathie nor her family have any shame in this case, and there is nothing to charge them with. Blame for anything and everything is laid at her feet to take the heat from Raye Dawn. Fact is, it was only RD and Porter who were with Kelsey the day she was murdered. No one else. One of them is guilty of murder and one of enabling abuse. BOTH are where they belong. Gayla by her own testimony is also guilty of enabling, she should thank her lucky stars she's not in the cell next to her daughter. The FACTS speak for themselves and nothing can change the real FACTS in this case.
RIP little Kelsey
just_a_name wrote:
I agree that there is only one victim in this horrible mess. Kelsey derserved so much more and will never see the daylight again to do so. I am not on anyones side other then Kelseys.. I think a whole lot of people connected to this case should have been arrested and help accountable for their actions in this case.. not just RD and MP... IF Kathie did in fact make the calls to DHS and truly did care for the concern of her grandchild then she is the only one that stood up for this poor precious child. No one else stood for her.. no one else looked out for her... no one else cared to help.. all those who cared not to stand for Kelsey will have to stand for their actions later.. I too hope that they go to bed each night and see this precious childs face each and every night and I hope it haunts them. I am not for any side other then the one that saves our children. I stand for JUSTICE and know that one day KELSEY WILL HAVE HERS.
amber

Irwin, PA

#8336 May 14, 2009
Check out my new video i made for Tanner and Kelsey.
cantbelieveallth is

United States

#8337 May 14, 2009
amber wrote:
Check out my new video i made for Tanner and Kelsey.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =--FvZh_5GSsXX
Beautiful - thanks for sharing.
amber

Irwin, PA

#8338 May 14, 2009
Can everyone please pray for my Niece Alaina she was put in the Hositpal last night because she has strep throat please pray for our little angel
Doesnt Matter

Sunnyvale, CA

#8339 May 17, 2009
To answer your questions about Raye, I personally have never read nor seen her show any remorse or any slight bit of responsibility for what Kelsey endured, in fact after her sentencing she stated, "Kathie, I forgive you."
Everything is always someone else's fault.-A4K
Well it's been a while still reading into a lot of stuff, but you know me I just call it like I see it, and I don't think this was her way of blaming Kathie. I believe anybody who watches Kathie's interviews will be able to say RD needed to be able to forgive her to move on. There is no doubt that Kathie made it her mission to make RD pay for what happened to Kelsey. I don't blame Kathie for making this her mission, but don't blame RD for forgiving her either.
amber

Irwin, PA

#8340 May 17, 2009
Have you seen her on the news she misses kelsey so much and she loved her more then anything in this world.As for kathie she isnt no better then anyone else in the case.
Doesnt Matter wrote:
To answer your questions about Raye, I personally have never read nor seen her show any remorse or any slight bit of responsibility for what Kelsey endured, in fact after her sentencing she stated, "Kathie, I forgive you."
Everything is always someone else's fault.-A4K
Well it's been a while still reading into a lot of stuff, but you know me I just call it like I see it, and I don't think this was her way of blaming Kathie. I believe anybody who watches Kathie's interviews will be able to say RD needed to be able to forgive her to move on. There is no doubt that Kathie made it her mission to make RD pay for what happened to Kelsey. I don't blame Kathie for making this her mission, but don't blame RD for forgiving her either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oklahoma City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) 1 hr Fuckboii 452
The Legislation of Ignorance 10 hr SusanDB 31
Angel Tschetter is Fat Now 13 hr Jamie Dundee 20
Kimberly Lavonne Cox: Stuck Up Thu Gilbert Johnson 7
Corruption in the Public Defenders Office (Aug '10) Thu Worried granmothe... 10
Laing Morey: Stuck Up Thu Jamie Dundee 5
News Grider Found Guilty, Gets Life (Feb '07) Jun 25 hope he dies soon 52

Oklahoma City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance