"Cat"astrophic road rage

"Cat"astrophic road rage

There are 93 comments on the KFOR story from Oct 15, 2010, titled "Cat"astrophic road rage. In it, KFOR reports that:

Mitch Long and his wife were driving along S.E. 61st and Shields, taking their sick cat to the vet when a bullet whizzed through their car window and into his shoulder.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KFOR.

SOON 2 B CSI

Oklahoma City, OK

#21 Oct 15, 2010
There's always more to every story...I'm sure they were both in the wrong here. I agree.
David wrote:
There probably is a lot more to this than anyone not there will ever know. I doubt Mr. Long is completely innocent in this. Did you notice his tear drop tatoo? Do you know what those are given for in prison? Do you really think he pulled into a parking lot to get away from the other person? Maybe people should think a little more before they spout off, and maybe KFOR should do a better job of reporting the FACTS.
Atheist

Norman, OK

#22 Oct 15, 2010
Let this be a lesson to you idiotic drivers in this state. 1. use your signal 2. If in the left lane, no matter how fast you are going, if someone is coming up behind you going at a higher rate of speed, move over. 3 don't cut people off 4. tie your junk down
I have come to blows over idiotic driver in this state. Oklahoma seems to be the worst out of all states I have been to.

Not condoning the shooting, but people are getting fed up. I wouldn't go this far, but there have been days where I have wanted to ram my car into yours.
Getting it Right

Norman, OK

#23 Oct 15, 2010
The news gives us one side, so lets take a closer look: man with a tear drop tatoo, ummm lets see, that means he has murdered someone! AND lets look at his car, do we think all that body damage is from good driving????????? Your crazy if you think he is the victim!! Why didn't the news crew get the other side of the story?
OKCGuy

Oklahoma City, OK

#24 Oct 15, 2010
It is one thing to defend yourself. It is quite another to persue and individual and then shoot them.
Concerned OKC Mom

Bethany, OK

#25 Oct 15, 2010
Gee I am so proud to be an Oklahoman.... NOT!!!
Bobby

Yukon, OK

#26 Oct 15, 2010
Soooo what do you suggest that may have helped in this case?
Amy wrote:
They really should do more screening for who can obtain a concel carry permit. Jeez! What an idiot!
jb knows the truth

Oklahoma City, OK

#27 Oct 16, 2010
channel 4 needs to get there story right i saw mr lawson pull into the parking lot an got out looking at his car when mr long turned around an tryed to run mr lawson over !!!! mr lawson did not pull his gun till mr long put his car in reverse an tryed to run mr lawson over the 2nd time!!! so channel 4 needs to hire some college grads for reporters instead of high!!school drop outs to do there reporting!!by the way mitchell edward got his last name from his criminal record LONG!!!his middle name should have been with pryer convictions so show your true side convict!!!
ztome

Broken Arrow, OK

#28 Oct 16, 2010
Atheist wrote:
Let this be a lesson to you idiotic drivers in this state. 1. use your signal 2. If in the left lane, no matter how fast you are going, if someone is coming up behind you going at a higher rate of speed, move over. 3 don't cut people off 4. tie your junk down
I have come to blows over idiotic driver in this state. Oklahoma seems to be the worst out of all states I have been to.
Not condoning the shooting, but people are getting fed up. I wouldn't go this far, but there have been days where I have wanted to ram my car into yours.
And this is why we have road rage. The roads have posted speed limits. "2. If in the left lane, no matter how fast you are going, if someone is coming up behind you going at a higher rate of speed, move over." If I am going the speed limit sorry. And yes I use my turn signal all the time.
alan

Durant, OK

#29 Oct 16, 2010
If Long did in fact try to run over Lawson (twice), then by law he was justified in the shooting and he shouldn't have gotten arrested. In another story, a person tried to run over a security guard and the security guard shot at the vehicle and the security guard wasn't arrested. If someone is trying to run over someone else, they are using their vehicle as a weapon and shooting at the vehicle is justifible.
Breezy

United States

#30 Oct 16, 2010
Some people should not be permitted to bear arms. Just another example of how short tempered people have become.
Lynn

United States

#31 Oct 16, 2010
This is what you get when you give nutjobs the right to carry a gun. And now they want to make it legal to carry a gun unconcealed? That would just turn nutjobs into BULLIES. The Old West mentality is is alilve and well in Oklahoma.

“Life Is Great”

Since: Aug 10

blanchard

#32 Oct 16, 2010
Someone pulled out in front of him so he shot at them? Theres gotta be more to this story!
Duh

Frisco, TX

#33 Oct 16, 2010
OKCGuy wrote:
It is one thing to defend yourself. It is quite another to persue and individual and then shoot them.
Thank you! Call the police and report some dumbdumb is ramming you off the road! Screaming for life will get some attention. Get vehicle description and liscence plate numbers and let the police do their jobs. The ONLY reason to pull a gun is if the rammer follows you into the parking lot. If mr teardrop shot the other guy this would be case closed. Seriously people, use your brains.
Concerned OKC Mom

Bethany, OK

#34 Oct 16, 2010
Why did the man with the gun follow the other guy into the parking lot???? Was it to thank him for pulling out in front of him?

I believe the act of following and pulling into the parking lot a threatening action!

@ Duh - I agree, my guess is if he has a gun in his vehicle, he has a phone in there, too! He should have called 911, not follow him into a parking lot. What did he think was going to happen after he pulled into the parking lot? Did he think he was going to make a new friend?
Dana

Red Rock, OK

#35 Oct 16, 2010
Concerned Citizen wrote:
Okay, this Lawson guy is just plain retarded. I take my conceal class tomorrow morning, which means that I haven't even talked with an instructor. So I haven't even heard the laws regarding when force IS JUSTIFIED, and I already know that this WASN'T. Please take away this man's license to carry, PERMANENTLY, and throw his [email protected]$$ in county for 30 days.
This man should face Felony Attempted Homicide at least.
Your use of the word "retarded" in describing this guy is way off base. If you want to criticize someone's behavior, please try expanding your vocabulary to use descriptors that don't malign innocent bystanders such as the developmentally disabled.
Ms C

Oklahoma City, OK

#36 Oct 16, 2010
John Smith wrote:
Well you all don't know even half the story.
This long fella tried to run over jack while he was not in his car and his father was standing right next to him. Trust me knowone believes
someone cutting you off is reason to shoot.
I believe Jack was defending his family
but I know alot more of the story than you.
I can see Lawson "defending" himself when you claim that the other guy tried to hit him while he was standing next to his father. BUT for Lawson to follow the guy and pull into the parking lot, park BEHIND the guy, get out with his gun and fire at the guy when he speeds off...Shows premetitated (Miss spelled lol) intent to hurt/kill. You can have a concealed weapon and yes you can use it if you feel your life is in danger (someone breaking in your house, attacking you, etc) but not chasing them down the road in a car and THEN shooting at them.
whatttt

United States

#37 Oct 16, 2010
Chris wrote:
What if he was a vet and saw the cat in the car as it went by and could tell it was going to die and tried to put it out of its misery and instead hit the owner.
are u a moron or what? how about you be put down
John

Oklahoma City, OK

#38 Oct 16, 2010
What you all don't understand is mr long forced jack into the parking lot that's when jack got out.
That's also when long circled around and tried to run over Jack. Then the gun came out.
Denise Halpin

Hartford, CT

#39 Oct 16, 2010
I personally know Jack Lawson and derranged, meth head and idiot are not words that discribe this man. He is a decent hard working citizen. You people dont know the whole story.. Mr Long is on a 10 year deferred sentence so it seems to me he would say anything to stay out of prison!!! Before everyone judges Jack you should know all the facts!! Mr Long and his wife were both convicted of meth charges and Mr Long was convicted of Felony assault and battery!!! This is more a case of the police and media taking one mans word for what happened!!! I am sure that Jack will be found innocent when he gets his day in court.. The lesson her people is dont judge a person if you dont have all the facts!!!
Denise Halpin

Hartford, CT

#40 Oct 16, 2010
Ms C wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see Lawson "defending" himself when you claim that the other guy tried to hit him while he was standing next to his father. BUT for Lawson to follow the guy and pull into the parking lot, park BEHIND the guy, get out with his gun and fire at the guy when he speeds off...Shows premetitated (Miss spelled lol) intent to hurt/kill. You can have a concealed weapon and yes you can use it if you feel your life is in danger (someone breaking in your house, attacking you, etc) but not chasing them down the road in a car and THEN shooting at them.
Ok, well according to the other side of the story Mr Long tried to run Mr Lawson over and that is how he got infront of him... When he pulled over Mr Long pulled in BEHIND Mr Lawson.. Again with the lack of facts!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oklahoma City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Confederate leaders' names popular with voters ... 4 hr Jaysus Sharia 9
News Former OKC Mayor blames homosexuality for moral... 5 hr Jaysus Sharia 149
News Oklahoma County records high number of people h... 21 hr turningtables 1
News 'Suspicious Package' Prompts Evacuation At Se O... 23 hr anotherdayfor okie 1
News Atheists plan 2018 gathering in Oklahoma City Sat Now i Know 16
News Subway blast arrest leads to discussion of immi... Sat whathuh 1
News Oklahoma ScissorTales: Young candidate seeks OK... Sat whathuh 1

Oklahoma City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oklahoma City Mortgages