forgiving husband

United States

#1 Dec 10, 2007
You would think in the home of Character first there would be none of the issues they claim will fix every thing.
What they are putting out to other cities across the U.S.
No body’s seem to ask for proof of all these claims .
The only proof has been put out in their news letters by them or ones who have to gain from it.

Here are some Statements from character first news letters.The facts don’t back up their claims.

Strengthening Families.
.I think this would include our elderly in nursing homes.
Yet Oklahoma rated at low rating
. http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/1107/476578....
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/oklahoma-city...

The Influence of Mentors—
The Responsibility Is Mine—properly used, having the word “Mine” in one’s vocabulary conveys a willingness to accept responsibility for projects, assignments, and mistakes.

Such as those blaming and pointing a finger at those with out proof.Something about an adoption case I believe it was.
Where you have several promoting this program.
Do as I say not as I do.

On May 14, 1980, we as Board members were shocked to learn of the gross immorality that had prevailed for some time among the staff under Bill's supervision as president. The disruption that followed adversely affected the lives of almost the entire staff and families associated with IBYC. Steve Gothard (Bill's younger brother) and the seven female employees with whom he has been involved sexually were dismissed immediately. If any of us assumed that this was the basic problem, we were soon made aware of the almost total loss of confidence by the staff in Bill as an administrator and teacher in the seminars. The basic charge: Bill does not practice what he teaches
Earlier, Gothard himself had indecent contact with some of his female staff, and "admitted in staff meetings that these actions were 'moral failures' on his part." I think the biblical term is "sin", not just "moral failures

Ask others to hold you accountable. Accept and consider the suggestions of those around you.
Again leaders not listening to communities set up to fight prostitution
Improved efficiency will help you save money by allowing you to get the most from your current resources.
Orderliness vs. Chaos
So one would not have had to tap other programs that support a bus route in the poorest part of the county and on hot meals and other programs for the elderly.
In past events District Attorney wrote to the Oklahoma County Budget Board this week, seeking money for computers and staff salaries
and suggesting it come from funds now spent for community support and economic development The letter surprised some board members, who
said they spend that money for a bus route in the poorest part of the county and on hot meals and other programs for the elderly.

I think he will reconsider his request that we not fund those people in order to free up the funds to give him for pay increases The Da at that time asking county officials to come up with at least $130,000 to pay for the "true cost" of advising county officials and representing them in legal disputes. He said he will use some of the money to pay for his support staff.

My question here is where did the money he received go that was shifted from funds supporting elderly programs? This was never answered.
forgiving husband

United States

#2 Dec 10, 2007
Virtue: The Influence of Proven Character—.

Five Years in Schools—Teachers and students alike are excited about the results they have seen as they put character first.

I for one would like to see the results that are put out other than by themselves.

Such as the trend of the garbage patch doll being evil and interfering with child birth.

In the Basic Care Newsletter of January, 1996, it was actually reported that in two situations the existence of Cabbage Patch and troll dolls in the home effectively prevented the mothers from giving birth! Once the offending toys were removed from the homes, the women were able to successfully give birth. The “cleansing of the home from evil influences,” was credited to attending midwives committed to Gothard’s teaching. 18
At least twelve states have passed legislation that encourages character education.

Look closer at the legislation passed in Oklahoma.
Let’s take a closer look at some legislation
Oklahoma: 1999 legislation, HB 1765, authorizes district school boards of education to develop and make available character education programs. The local school boards of the school districts of this state may develop and implement a comprehensive program for character education in grades K-6. This program shall focus on students’ development of character traits, the kind and manner found in available curriculum.“It being immediately necessary for the preservation of the public peace, health and safety, an emergency is hereby declared to exist, by reason whereof this act shall take effect.”

My Questions:
1. How would it be immediately necessary for the preservation of the public peace, health and safety? We are talking about a school grades k-6 are we not?

2. What an emergency is to be declared to exist, by reason whereof this act shall take effect?

3. Who would declare it? Would it be the same people placed in positions that have been promoting his program? Instead of serving the people in the courts up holding their rights or freedoms.

4.. Where of this act shall take effect. Meaning no vote by the people will be needed kind of like military law.

Put out by Character first
These heart checks should help you establish and maintain positive personal and professional relationships.
1.Think before you speak. Use words and expressions that will convey your true meaning.

In other words don’t say one thing and do another maybe.

2.Mean what you say. Do not mislead others in order to avoid conflict or gain a particular result.
Such as getting elected. There asking the youth to use ones as mentors that do not follow what they preach.

3.Don't exaggerate. Constant exaggerations will undermine your credibility, particularly when the audience does not have the background to recognize hyperbole.

There were only small pockets of gangs in Oklahoma City.

4.Focus on a win-win. Nothing demonstrates sincerity as clearly as acting in a way calculated to benefit another, particularly when you have nothing to gain by the exercise.
Instead of just keep the revolving door going for prostitution develop a training program.
Where those have a real chance to make another choice in life.
forgiving husband

United States

#3 Dec 10, 2007
5.Keep your promises. Do what you've promised, even when subsequent conditions make it more difficult.
Like getting sex offenders out of nursing homes.

6.Correct past failure. When you do fail, admit mistakes, and make things right with those you offend.
His Institute also teaches that if we honor these principles, God is required to honor us. All of the city’s problems could be attributed to its unwitting failure to honor these principles. If everyone had just gotten the formula right, God would have had to make me a success."
In this article I would like to bring your attention to one statement.
http://newsok.com/article/3177534/1196896211
All six organizations preach a form of the "prosperity gospel," the belief that God wants his faithful followers to reap material rewards.
How to Demonstrate Cautiousness
at Church
•Avoiding listening to gossip or "bad reports" about church leaders or other members.
I think there may be another reason for this teaching.

Character Calendar
I Know someone that would have trouble with this one.
July 2007 - Contentment
Realizing that true happiness is not hindered by material conditions.
. December 2007 - Thriftiness
Not letting myself or others spend that which is not necessary.
Like re trying cases to get the outcome they want.

Maybe if he was of good character he might donate money toward fixing the nursing homes in Oklahoma. Or maybe creating a training center for those women wishing to get off the street.

Gothard has a unique strategy for marketing his own books and material -- you could only get them by attending his seminars.
In their own words it’s a business. A business is designed to make money.
How could it be non profit?

Developing a Culture of Character in Your Community!
An ad from the Character first web site.

This is not just something you talk about; it’s something you do. You do it in your workplace, you do it in your government, you do it at home with your family, you do it in your civic groups,you do it in church groups. This is something that is woven throughout your life and every aspect of it. And businesses will save money, crime will go down.

Crime will go down

Does not sound like it to me.

This year's Oklahoma City homicide clearance rate is the second worst of all-time, though better than the national average.

Oklahoma City Crime Report
State: Oklahoma (OK)
City Population: 521,681

Murder: 49
Forcible Rape: 365
Robbery: 1,381
Aggravated Assault: 2,847
Burglary: 8,300
Larceny or Theft: 35,367
Car Theft: 3,928
Arson: 208
Data Source:
2003 FBI Report of Offenses Known to Law Enforcement
forgiving husband

United States

#4 Dec 10, 2007
If you want to read all the facts.
http://home.earthlink.net/~forever2again/

The facts don't back up what they are claiming.
How can you ask others (youths) to look as mentors to those not following what they preach?

Why not use some of the money to fix the very isues they claim teaching character will fix ?

Look at the way they have promoted this program . putting those in postion to promote it over serving the people they where put in office or job to do.
Running over their rights and freedoms.
forgiving husband

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#5 Dec 11, 2007
ABC News: Sex Scandal Hits Megachurch

Sex Scandal Hits Atlanta-Area Megachurch. Sex Scandal Rocks Atlanta-Area Megachurch; Pastor Says His Uncle Is Really His Father. Preacher paternity

when will these churches start paying taxes on the millions of dollars they are dishing out for breaking the law and covering up their deviant acts....that was never the intent of their tax breaks!
forgiving husband

United States

#6 Dec 11, 2007
ABC News: Sex Scandal Hits Megachurch

Sex Scandal Hits Atlanta-Area Megachurch. Sex Scandal Rocks Atlanta-Area Megachurch; Pastor Says His Uncle Is Really His Father. Preacher paternity

when will these churches start paying taxes on the millions of dollars they are dishing out for breaking the law and covering up their deviant acts....that was never the intent of their tax breaks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oklahoma City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lindsey Harting Stuck Up Cocktail Waitress 9 hr Rolla 9
Prostitute Taryn Huffman: Gets Off Easy on DUI 9 hr Jamie Dundee 7
Hi Sun Pretty Girl 2
News Police say camouflage suit linked Oklahoma teen... Aug 18 elmerfudd 1
News Online petition launched to "ban KKK" in Okla. Aug 16 banned 1
Wendy Teague Dated Child Molester Michael Mann Aug 16 MHS1991 7
Stylist Stacie Bivins Aug 16 Truth 3

Oklahoma City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance