Warrant to search MySpace page issued...

Warrant to search MySpace page issued in Anadarko pastor's death

There are 65 comments on the KFOR story from Sep 24, 2009, titled Warrant to search MySpace page issued in Anadarko pastor's death. In it, KFOR reports that:

New details are starting to surface involving the death of an Oklahoma pastor. Back on August 23rd members of the Anadarko police department found the body of Carol Daniels dead inside of her church.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KFOR.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Ash

Oklahoma City, OK

#1 Sep 24, 2009
I feel no one will ever be found and it always happens this way or they will put this murder on anyone just to close the case and I don't think its right.
Renee

Adair, IA

#2 Sep 24, 2009
Would they care if it was a Country band? I don't think so. Small mindedness can keep them from solving the case. I'm sure there's symbolism in the staged, ritual like way the pastor was killed, making me think this was a religious killing, a sacrifice maybe.
starbaby

Blanchard, OK

#3 Sep 24, 2009
what band was in town? Why do they think that someone from a band that travles a lot would have time or even think about doing this?
praying for justice

Shawnee, OK

#4 Sep 24, 2009
it may not be that they are pinning it on the band but that the lyrics of their song(s) may have some connection with the murder.....they are saying it was staged.....I don't think they are singlling out the type of music, whether it be country, rock, heavy metal etc....but if it helps solve the murder does it matter what type of music it is the point is to find who did this..not about the music...no one told this person to commit this violent unnecessary act...i hope what evidence or connection they can find helps
Curious

Oklahoma City, OK

#5 Sep 25, 2009
Whose the rock band ?
Mark Jeffrey

Edmond, OK

#6 Sep 25, 2009
It was a metal band from Anadarko, OK, the town where the murder took place. I'm friends with the band and they had nothing to do with it. It's ridiculous. They bang their heads and have skulls on their shirts. So they or their friends must have done it, right?
Melissa

United States

#7 Sep 25, 2009
Maybe the police are more interested in people who posted comments on the band's page, more than they are interested in the band itself.

If the police are interested in the band, it seems unlikely that the police decided "Hey, here's this band and we're going to investigate them...just because they're head bangers." If you're accusing the police of "small-mindedness," it's no less small-minded to jump to the conclusion that the police wouldn't be investigating a country band or that the police are just interested in the band because of what they wear or what kind of music they play. The police have evidence that the public isn't privy to, so we can't jump to conclusions about why they are investigating the people that they're investigating.
Skeptical

Anadarko, OK

#8 Sep 25, 2009
Wondering why there was no news coverage of the young lady attacked in Gracemont just a week or so ago by a man who had broken into the house.... seems funny to me that this young woman is attacked and nearly killed, but no one reports it on the news... yet a band plays in their home town and the cops decide these are people needing to be investigated? Caddo county is not the place to have a crime committed against you and then expect justice to be served. They don't solve crimes in Caddo County.
Jared

United States

#9 Sep 25, 2009
I'm in the band that they are looking at. We are called Napalm Reign. The fact that they are looking at us is totally ridiculous. Yes, we have some suggestive lyrics that talk about Satan. But that is just using Satan as a symbol. We don't worship the devil. We don't make sacrifice. We don't murder. We are just metal heads who are playing the music we love so dearly. We weren't passing through...we live in Anadarko. This is our home town. They are just using us as a scapegoat. Someone to point the finger at. The dodgy police work in this investigation is just incredible. Anadarko PD and OSBI alike. This is just further proof of stereotyping people like us. We will forever be here. We will keep playing this music. We will never stop doing what brings us joy.

And Yes melissa this is small-mindedness. This whole investigation has turned out to be nothing short of a witch-hunt. The only reason they are looking at us is because we have satanic lyrics and I am well known to be a Satanist. The ONLY reason they are looking at us IS because of WHAT WE WEAR. AND WHAT MUSIC WE PLAY!
Brett

Oklahoma City, OK

#10 Sep 25, 2009
Is the music good?

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#11 Sep 25, 2009
Brett wrote:
Is the music good?
used to be jeremiah's bridge?
Unbelieving

United States

#12 Sep 25, 2009
Whatever the case may be, this case really needs to be solved. To be honest I'm starting to loose my faith in the the police department of Anadarko and Caddo County. Not one murder crime that I have heard about since I lived here went solved unless the person that committed the crime turned themselves in. I served on a jury for a murder case some 9 or 10 years back. The person they had as the suspect did not match evidence that was presented. Did the police ever find the killer or killers' of the man who was slain? NO. If this case goes unsolved I would be embarrased to say I live in Caddo County.
Linda

Atlanta, GA

#13 Sep 25, 2009
calling all christians to pray this stops! on pastors and christian leaders now!and guilty person are found quickly. have been praying since it happend .It touches my heart for them and their families.
angry auntie

Fort Cobb, OK

#14 Sep 25, 2009
my nephew plays in that band and he is not by far a murderer or anything of the sort! They are just some local kids tryin to make it! anadarko pd is tryin to make up for the fact that a murder happend half a block form the station....what a shame! maybe if it happend during a smoke break they might have seen someone! darko pd is a joke and everyone knows it! Leave those kids alone and go after who did this! the ignorance of the law is who to blame!~
Brett

Oklahoma City, OK

#15 Sep 25, 2009
I agree about the witch hunt. Some cases just don't get solved. Sad but true. But to start harassing people because you don't have an answer is pure stupid. I'm not a detective, nor a cop and I know these kids in the band didn't do it.
Jared

United States

#16 Sep 25, 2009
wishing1 wrote:
<quoted text>
used to be jeremiah's bridge?
No. we aren't jeremiahs bridge. lol. We've only been around for about a year. We're kind of a death/groovy/metal band. check us out on our myspace. lol..the one the osbi is looking at!
Jared- Napalm Reign

United States

#17 Sep 25, 2009
Why is it saying i'm from dixon, mo? lol
Like I said before. We just do what we love. I say and write whatever I want to. I sing about whatever I want to. Alot of people don't understand metal music at all.

OSBI and Anadarko PD are pretty low for trying to point the finger at us.
Napalm Reign

www.myspace.com/napalmrain666.html

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#18 Sep 25, 2009
Melissa wrote:
Maybe the police are more interested in people who posted comments on the band's page, more than they are interested in the band itself.
If the police are interested in the band, it seems unlikely that the police decided "Hey, here's this band and we're going to investigate them...just because they're head bangers." If you're accusing the police of "small-mindedness," it's no less small-minded to jump to the conclusion that the police wouldn't be investigating a country band or that the police are just interested in the band because of what they wear or what kind of music they play. The police have evidence that the public isn't privy to, so we can't jump to conclusions about why they are investigating the people that they're investigating.
Agreed. Any time a local MySpace page has a poster, evidently a friend of the band, commenting, "I want to burn the city, mothers and fathers, and their little children. Beatings, shootings, suicides, and those who care about nothing but themselves. But they will drown. They shall drown in their own blood. I want to burn them all" on it, and the band itself lists as influences Cannibal Corpse and Lamb of God one right after the other, law enforcement in a small town where a heinous murder just took place in a church and in which the body was staged to resemble a crucifix and also present were elements of blood and fire, they're bound to look into it. Imagine the criticism if this turned into something, and they hadn't. P.S., I'd go see Napalm Reign if they were playing near me, so I'm not some knee-jerk nut out to point a finger of blame.
wishing

Piedmont, OK

#19 Sep 25, 2009
went and listened.....like the instrument part, but even when listening to my son play in JB, which i loved btw....lordy, couldn't understand it. not to say it isn't good, just saying....i'm old.

http://www.myspace.com/napalmrain666

as far as the anadarko police are concerned, my son had an old VW. i swear every time he drove that car out of our yard, and i mean every time. he got stopped by the local gendarmes and had the drug dog put on the car. the dog would alert and they would tear the car apart. my question at the time was...when do you stop taking the word of an obviously stupid dog? how many times does he have false positives? and yes, i did get it stopped.

btw napalm reign....KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!
stormyeyes

United States

#20 Sep 25, 2009
My father in law was murdered in Anadarko 20 years ago and his case was never solved. I hope the police do find the person responsible and give closure for the victim's family and Anadarko some peace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oklahoma City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) 11 min Tony 566
Kimberly Lavonne Cox: Stuck UP 9 hr Jamie Dundee 17
Do men wear women's panties (Jan '12) Aug 27 pantylover2112 96
Disability-Social Security Fraud - Report It !!! (Jul '10) Aug 25 Poor mom 25
News Oklahoma Ranks In Top 10 Of States With The Wor... Aug 25 scott 4
News Oklahoma Turnpike Authority delays toll increase Aug 24 Watchdog 1
Angel Tscheter is Fat now!! Aug 22 Cotton Eye Joe 24

Oklahoma City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance