Wrongful Convictions -- Stealing Live...

Wrongful Convictions -- Stealing Lives One Person at a Time

There are 8978 comments on the www.prweb.com story from Jul 9, 2008, titled Wrongful Convictions -- Stealing Lives One Person at a Time. In it, www.prweb.com reports that:

Together, www.FreeKelseysMom.com and www.Raye-of-Hope.org are hoping to educate the public about wrongful convictions by holding a rally on June 21, 2008 in Harrah, Oklahoma at Heritage Park. Oklahoma City, OK (PRWEB) May 23, 2008 -- The recent release of wrongfully convicted Cynthia Sommer has brought awareness to the imprisonment of the innocent. The trend of crime lab mistakes, judicial errors, and incorrect eyewitness accounts is spreading nationwide. These contribute to years being stripped away from those who are mistakenly confined in a system that promises "Justice for all." Together, www.FreeKelseysMom.com and www.Raye-of-Hope.org are hoping to educate the public about wrongful convictions by holding a rally on June 21, 2008 in Harrah, Oklahoma at Heritage Park. Oklahoma's own "Innocent Man" Dennis Fritz and Tabitha Pollock who was exonerated in an Illinois Supreme Court after six years in prison are among scheduled guest speakers. Ultimately, we want to educate the public of this very real epidemic of wrongful convictions.

To quote Sommer's website, "Putting an innocent person in jail is the legal equivalent of a plane crash." Unfortunately, these "plane crashes" are part of a trend that is being seen across the country. With high profile cases such as Sommer's making the nightly news, the public is now opening its eyes to the reality that wrongful imprisonment can happen to anyone. In Oklahoma, awareness of our "injustice" system has gone virtual with the websites www.FreeKelseysMom.com and www.TheTruthAboutKelsey.com. These sites are in support of a woman named Raye Dawn Smith. Free Kelsey's Mom members believe Smith has been wrongfully convicted by a one-sided media blitz that altered public opinion and led to an unfair trial. During the trial, Richard Smothermon, District Attorney for Lincoln County, Oklahoma, stated that he believed Smith's daughter, Kelsey Smith-Briggs, was sexually assaulted and murdered by Mike Porter, Smith's ex-husband and Kelsey's step-father. According to Smothermon, Smith "should have known" Porter abused Kelsey. (Oklahoma Case(s) CF-06-00033 & CF-07-00134)Smith now sits in an Oklahoma prison waiting for her appeal to the 27-year sentence she received for "should have known." Evidence in support of allegations of perjury, jury tainting, juror misconduct, timelines, the conspiratorial emails, and other documentation can be found on Smith's sites at www.TheTruthAboutKelsey.com.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.prweb.com.

Since: Jul 12

Oklahoma City, OK

#9820 Jul 30, 2012
RKS wrote:
<quoted text>There is no humor in posting "SHE WANTED IT" you need to re think what humor means.
I have a pretty fine grasp. Did you have a bad experience in the past, why are you so butthurt over a joke you consider to be poor taste?
RKS

AOL

#9821 Jul 30, 2012
DistinctlyOK wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a pretty fine grasp. Did you have a bad experience in the past, why are you so butthurt over a joke you consider to be poor taste?
Very poor taste forajoke when a woman cry rape andthen you post she wanted it BULLSH*T DistinctlyOK. You need to read a joke book that fits the posting. DistinctlyOK have you told that to girl that she wanted it after you took sex from her??

Oklahoma City, OK

#9822 Jul 31, 2012
RKS wrote:
<quoted text>Very poor taste forajoke when a woman cry rape andthen you post she wanted it BULLSH*T DistinctlyOK. You need to read a joke book that fits the posting. DistinctlyOK have you told that to girl that she wanted it after you took sex from her??
I'm sorry, I've never "taken sex" from somebody. Nonetheless, a joke is a joke. This is set in stone, live and let live.
RKS

AOL

#9823 Jul 31, 2012
DistinctlyOK wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, I've never "taken sex" from somebody. Nonetheless, a joke is a joke. This is set in stone, live and let live.
You are sick piece of rotton sh**. You must be from the comozobie tribe to think sh*t like you do no brain. Mabe the next girl will shoot your sorry a** for taking it away from her.
ruthy truthy

Crescent City, CA

#9824 Jul 31, 2012
ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
What "sport" was a BABY Kelsey participating in when she fractured hers? The 4 foot baby drop? The enrage mommy slam?
Do you ever get tire of defending homicidal
"mommies"?
I bet you even defend Stephine Lopez too. After all he was passed out drunk when her brother and husband bounced her infant daughter around like a soccer ball.
im sorry to hear that abuse is still ruining the live of Kelsey and her loved ones
ruthy truthy

Crescent City, CA

#9825 Jul 31, 2012
DistinctlyOK wrote:
<quoted text>
this is set in stone, I agree

Oklahoma City, OK

#9826 Aug 1, 2012
ruthy truthy wrote:
<quoted text>
this is set in stone, I agree
Ermahgerd, thank you!
ruthy truthy

Crescent City, CA

#9827 Aug 1, 2012
ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
What "sport" was a BABY Kelsey participating in when she fractured hers? The 4 foot baby drop? The enrage mommy slam?
Do you ever get tire of defending homicidal
"mommies"?
I bet you even defend Stephine Lopez too. After all he was passed out drunk when her brother and husband bounced her infant daughter around like a soccer ball.
im sorry to hear that abuse is still ruining the life of Kelsey and her loved one.

the brother and husband who bounced the baby around like a soccer ball. yes i heard about that, having unprotected sex without a license is how they got their child. you'd think there would be some legislation preventing them from having the child in the first place
ruthy truthy

Crescent City, CA

#9828 Aug 1, 2012
Nobody listened to the children, Kelsey told who was abusing her and no one listened, and mike porter's own 8 year old daughter told a school counsler how she walked in on her father secretly abusing Kelsey, and no one bothered to hear her either, that is why mike porter did not even cry himself to sleep the night Kelsey died. good ol' boy has protection;
he slept and ate after the death of Kelsey..
because Kelsey was raye dawn's world.
Kelsey was not his child,
Kelsey was just the child that took up all his wife's love and attention,
he was complaining how he hated raye dawn and how she gave all her attention to kelsey and none mike's two year old son.
she would have if she was not so beaten down with the years of abuse from the Briggs,

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#9829 Aug 1, 2012
ruthy truthy wrote:
Nobody listened to the children, Kelsey told who was abusing her and no one listened, and mike porter's own 8 year old daughter told a school counsler how she walked in on her father secretly abusing Kelsey, and no one bothered to hear her either, that is why mike porter did not even cry himself to sleep the night Kelsey died. good ol' boy has protection;
he slept and ate after the death of Kelsey..
because Kelsey was raye dawn's world.
Kelsey was not his child,
Kelsey was just the child that took up all his wife's love and attention,
he was complaining how he hated raye dawn and how she gave all her attention to kelsey and none mike's two year old son.
she would have if she was not so beaten down with the years of abuse from the Briggs,
Yes that's right. Kelsey told HER MOTHER Daddy Mike hurt me. RAYE DID NOT LISTEN!!! The Briggs DID! THEY were the ones fighting to get her away from Mike and Raye.
ruthy truthy

Crescent City, CA

#9830 Aug 2, 2012
Would not Kelsey not be a lot like her mother, after all she told very little about the abuse,

Would she also have grown up and gotten a husband like her father and her step-father,

after all they seemed like not just normal but outstanding men.

“what ever floats your goat”

Location hidden

#9831 Aug 3, 2012
I am shocked to see the inaccurate information in order to abuse, and out right lies in order to abuse.

to argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like adinistering edicine to the dead-Thomas Paine

Location hidden

#9832 Aug 7, 2012
as we see the televised coverage of Peterson who may have premeditated killed his 4th dead wife, we are reminded of the jury selection rules and civil rights that Kelsey mother did not receive.

If one looks at the evidence of the online documents of the supervised DHS visits of Kelsey with her absent fathers family you can see what Kelsey's view would be on all this,,
some one needs to clean up this civil rights eyesore, it is a threat to the nest of everyone.

Location hidden

#9833 Aug 7, 2012
ok, here they are, the words of Kelsey just a few months before she died;

http://jodyortiz.blogspot.com/2012/07/kelsey-...

Location hidden

#9834 Aug 8, 2012
Yes everyone is a liar except Raye Dawn Smith. Everyone is out to get her. Poor pitiful Raye. THE REAL VICTIM IS KELSEY!!!!!!!!!! Not Raye!

Oklahoma City, OK

#9835 Aug 8, 2012
I am me-deal with it wrote:
Yes everyone is a liar except Raye Dawn Smith. Everyone is out to get her. Poor pitiful Raye. THE REAL VICTIM IS KELSEY!!!!!!!!!! Not Raye!
You know how hard you are to deal with? You're an asshat.

Location hidden

#9836 Aug 9, 2012
DistinctlyOK wrote:
<quoted text>
You know how hard you are to deal with? You're an asshat.
Whatever an asshat is.....You are so infatuated with Raye that you cannot see the truth. I keep asking the same question and cannot get an answer. If Raye did not know what was going on then why is it SHE is the one who had an excuse for EACH AND EVERY injury Kelsey had. Not the Briggs that you and your bandwagon are trying to accuse. The Briggs are the ones who were fighting for Kelsey. NOT RAYE. Why did she not question Mike when child services stepped in and took Kelsey? She knew she wasn't abusing Kelsey so that left Mike. It's not that hard to figure out! She stayed because her love for Mike was stronger than her love for Kelsey. And that is why she deserves to be where she is. May Raye and Mike rot in hell.
I am mom-deal with it

Pendleton, OR

#9837 Aug 10, 2012
the truth is Kelsey would not agree with the malicious prosecution against the one who worked while going to school to provide a home for her while helping her mother take care of her father who was dying of cancer.

she would want her mother to not have a tainted jury who was poisoned by the media...we are reminded of the jury selection rules and civil rights that Kelsey mother did not receive
Donnaa60

Oklahoma City, OK

#9838 Aug 10, 2012
My question is...was one of Raye's charges for her daughters murder that, Raye's was in accessory of her daughter's murder??? The mom didn't do all to stop what could have been a problem before her eyes...to save sweet baby Kelsey???
notsofast

Piedmont, OK

#9839 Aug 10, 2012
Donnaa60 wrote:
My question is...was one of Raye's charges for her daughters murder that, Raye's was in accessory of her daughter's murder??? The mom didn't do all to stop what could have been a problem before her eyes...to save sweet baby Kelsey???
The question I've always had is why is the phenomena of arresting women for not protecting their children against an abuser husband/boyfriend so recent? Why are women only within the last few decades or so being arrested for this?

I've seen killers and psychopaths many times in the system. When I looked at Raye dawns photo, she rather stuck out. What I mean is is that she simply doesn't have the "look" or the intense, hollow eyes of a sadistic, and psychotic piece of sh!t killer you normally see. Maybe the old saying about the eyes being a window into the soul aren't altogether true.

Another thing that I found disturbing: Why is it when the inmates have their photos taken years after beginning their sentence, they are smiling, and actually look fresher and YOUNGER then when they had their county and initial prison mugshot taken? Prison is supposed to be a punishment, which means it should take a toll on a persons appearance.

Look at Raye dawns recent photo. It's a perfect example. She looks good; happy and content. Something is seriously wrong with this picture.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oklahoma City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pure White Trailer Trash Livin FallinFree Tax P... Fri Mary FatFuckFaceF... 1
just moved back,party scene gone? Thu jjmo 27
News ICE Arrests Illegal Immigrants In OKC, Guymon A... Thu see the light 1
News Officials identify 5-year-old victim from fatal... (Apr '11) Jul 30 ShiS 22
Review: Luigi's Pizza 2 Jul 29 Poppy 1
Review: Americare One Source Jul 29 samsui 4
News Fallin: Daughter's trailer at governor's mansio... Jul 29 Le Duped 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oklahoma City Mortgages