Chevy Ends SSR Pickup Production

Chevy Ends SSR Pickup Production

There are 46 comments on the Edmunds.com story from Jan 18, 2006, titled Chevy Ends SSR Pickup Production. In it, Edmunds.com reports that:

LANSING, MI -- Chevrolet will shut down its Lansing, Michigan, plant for good March 17 ending production of the SSR pickup, the Associated Press reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Edmunds.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
william brown

Robert Lee, TX

#41 Dec 2, 2007
i bought an 06 brick yard limited additions 1 of 45 hope this one will be worth something someday .looks great lots of power 2300 miles on it.
william brown

Robert Lee, TX

#42 Dec 2, 2007
ibought an 06 this was one of 45 brick yard cars these 45 made one lap around the brick yard trackjeremy mayfield drove the one i bought. ihope this one may be worth something someday.
ken f

Salisbury, NC

#43 Dec 12, 2007
I have a 2003ssr red/ 43miles only driven from the show room. never been in any weather, anyone have an idea what it is worth or what it may be worth down the road? thanks.
WAYNE

Mount Dora, FL

#44 Dec 9, 2008
Ivan Tuttle wrote:
Now that Chevy is no longer making the SSR does that mean the value of the SSR's will go up? I own a 2003 SSR and I have been told by dealers that it's only worth about $30,000, but with production being stopped, doesn't it make it much more rare? I love my SSR and don't want to part with it, just thought they would be worth more. You can visit my site, 2003chevyssr.com if you would like. There were only 3,495 SSR's made in 2003 and of that only 748 were made in Sling Shot Yellow.
Where did you get the specs on how many were painted Sling Shot Yellow? Thanks Wayne
54belair

Andover, MA

#45 Jun 14, 2010
Ivan Tuttle wrote:
Now that Chevy is no longer making the SSR does that mean the value of the SSR's will go up? I own a 2003 SSR and I have been told by dealers that it's only worth about $30,000, but with production being stopped, doesn't it make it much more rare? I love my SSR and don't want to part with it, just thought they would be worth more. You can visit my site, 2003chevyssr.com if you would like. There were only 3,495 SSR's made in 2003 and of that only 748 were made in Sling Shot Yellow.
This isn't a vehicle that's going to go up in value as with a rare COPO or Corvette or 55 Mercedes 300SL Gullwing. Enjoy it while you've got it because I found it to be fun to drive. There will always be a buyer somewhere for a nice clean SSR.
dude

United States

#46 Jul 7, 2010
i really wish chevy would have kept making the ssr. Well at least long enough to make a four door one!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Okemos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Weird 1 hour ago 4:58 p.m.Food worker fired aft... Sep 12 DUI 7
Why the county prosecutors do not charge Gary S... Sep 8 legaleagle 1
News Lansing group contacted to a oerevitalizea Down... (Feb '16) Sep 7 Smart 2
See my wife naked (Mar '16) Aug 31 E_smith 3
News Chick-fil-A now hiring at two of its future Mic... Aug 30 HillBob 1
News Leaving a dog in a hot car in Michigan could se... Aug 26 Squach 700
CATA wants BRT, do you? Aug '16 Perplexed 1

Okemos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance