WZZM13 - House considers bills to lim...

WZZM13 - House considers bills to limit reasons someone could b...

There are 2 comments on the WZZM Grand Rapids story from Jun 19, 2007, titled WZZM13 - House considers bills to limit reasons someone could b.... In it, WZZM Grand Rapids reports that:

A boss might find his workers' habits objectionable, like smoking or speaking at political rallies, but he can't fire workers for those activities under a package of bills under consideration in the state House ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WZZM Grand Rapids.

Ex Shaper

United States

#1 Jun 19, 2007
I wonder what Shape Corporation in Grand Haven thinks about this... I don't kow how they get away with it, but they won't hire someone who smokes - you must pass a smoke screen to get hired. Additionally, they charge their existing employees who smoke $800 more a year for insurance.
They also have rules about your weight and will charge you more if you're over weight and do not attend their Fitness Factory.
I don't understand how this is not discrimination.
maureenlee

Kalamazoo, MI

#2 Jun 19, 2007
This all started with that WEYCO -WACKO getting all that positive publicity about firing people who smoke--he went a step further and fired people whose SPOUSES smoked. And everyone applauded and thought what a wonderful thing this was. Now it is my understanding that if you want to work for Wacko your weight had better be within his idea of good. What a great communist he is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Okemos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Leaving a dog in a hot car in Michigan could se... Fri Squach 704
CATA wants BRT, do you? Aug 23 Perplexed 1
Trump will win, wait and see just watch Aug 23 sgt Witold Kowal 1
News Gov. Rick Snyder requests MISO to study benefit... Aug 17 Ogoki Headwaters 1
Who should I vote for? Aug 16 Daniel Boone 1
Maybe Aug 7 Wife 1
News Winner of $57M Mega Millions has criminal record (Jun '08) Aug 5 TreforG 153

Okemos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Okemos Mortgages